Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One sad day for my accord project

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One sad day for my accord project

ok, hi everyone, since about november last year i spent alot of money buying and building a H22a for my 2002 accord. Now bare with me you might think im retarded or something. When i got the motor i tore it down so i could rebuild with brand new gaskets, valves, fly wheel, clutch. Well i took my time and researched so i could make sure i had everything nessesary to make this swap work. I decided somewhere along the line that i could also fit a turbo kit from Greddy in there.It fit wonderfully just as i'd hoped. 10 packs of smokes later i had a turbo Hybird accord just waiting for me to turn the ignition over. Valves adjusted perfect, TDC is perfect everything hooked up and double checked. But to my dismay when i tired to start it i just got alot of engine shuttering and a non-working motor. It starts for a second or two then dies. No engine codes no nothin I could smell right away that it was rich. Then the plugs confired it. The emanage is hooked up properly. Everything is in perfect order. But then i think to my self what did i do wrong? Should i have not tired to turbo this swap right off the bat? Why does it shutter so bad? Why is the fuel mixture rich, am i getting to much gas, or not enougf air? The one person in this town who i thought could help me took a look at it and was baffled. Everyone im not some rich kid with tons of cash. i saved for this for a year and half, its hard to save when you still have to pay for the car. So for me save and work extra hours to get the money and do all the labor to car and have it not work! My dreams of the sleeper were shattered. The more i try to make it run the more it seems hopeless.im not sure which way to turn. What should i do?
Old 01-06-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: One sad day for my accord project (h22asleeper)

I have the same generation accord as you, and just turned the h22a over about a month ago. I'm still finding bugs to work out. I knew I should do the clutch and engine work before installing, but none of the performance parts got hooked up yet. Why? Because the car isnt running 100% yet. It would've been wise to be patient and hook up everything stock first, then start to work on a known good platform. Could you perhaps explain what parts of the car were left accord, and which are h22a parts, such as the FI resistor box and EGR components? Take a test of the fuel pressure regulator. If you step back for a minute, you'll see that theyre are only som many things that would cause it to run rich.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: One sad day for my accord project (Subwarrior)

Check to make sure your dizzy is not off 180 degrees.

Jason