Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Obd1 gsr swap into 94 civic si

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Obd1 gsr swap into 94 civic si

So I am wanting to swap a usdm gsr motor from a 95 gsr into my civic 95 si.

So far I know I need his
Motor/trans
Axles
Throttle cable?
Linkage
Ecu

All I should need is
lower rad hose
Iab/knock wired
Del sol vtec/crv ac bracket
Rear t bracket

Will the gsr engine harness plug up to my shock tower harness (wanna keep my single cam I've for when I sell the motor)? Am I forgetting anything?
Old 02-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Obd1 gsr swap into 94 civic si

Originally Posted by rountreesj

So far I know I need his
Motor/trans
Axles
Throttle cable?
Linkage
Ecu

All I should need is
lower rad hose
Iab/knock wired
Del sol vtec/crv ac bracket
Rear t bracket

Will the gsr engine harness plug up to my shock tower harness (wanna keep my single cam I've for when I sell the motor)? Am I forgetting anything?
What do you mean keep my single cam for when I sell which motor? If I remember correctly your civic comes with a vtec motor. The stock harness should plug right up to the gsr motor. Almost everything should be plug and play. You'll need a del sol b16 throttle cable. Or I think I'm running a gsr throttle cable with a custom made cable holder. And are you trying to keep AC? If not you won't need that bracket unless your wanting to install the front lower torque mounts
Old 02-24-2014, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have ac and want to keep it. i wanted to keep my stock harness with the z6 so i can sell my z6 swap with harness, mounts, and ecu all that. his motor runs fine and i was just gonna keep his harness hooked up and plug it in, and then run the wires for knock and iabs.

i think if i use the gsr throttle cable that would be best right? make a bracket for the throttle cable at the firewall

he is gonna do a type r swap obd2 into his teg, so he wont need the harness or throttle cable.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have ac and want to keep it. i wanted to keep my stock harness with the z6 so i can sell my z6 swap with harness, mounts, and ecu all that. his motor runs fine and i was just gonna keep his harness hooked up and plug it in, and then run the wires for knock and iabs.

i think if i use the gsr throttle cable that would be best right? make a bracket for the throttle cable at the firewall

he is gonna do a type r swap obd2 into his teg, so he wont need the harness or throttle cable.
Ok I understand. Yes I'm pretty sure the gsr harness will work. Eg/Dc/delsol are all pretty much the same bays and all that besides a few small things. If you wanted to do it right go to honda and get the b16 del sol throttle cable and bracket. But like I said I have a gsr throttle cable.

What do you mean make a bracket at the fire wall?
Old 02-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ehansford22
Ok I understand. Yes I'm pretty sure the gsr harness will work. Eg/Dc/delsol are all pretty much the same bays and all that besides a few small things. If you wanted to do it right go to honda and get the b16 del sol throttle cable and bracket. But like I said I have a gsr throttle cable.

What do you mean make a bracket at the fire wall?
if i were to use the gsr cable, it has a bracket on the firewall on the integra, just to hold that long cable to the firewall just before it loops around.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

It'll plug up just add the wiring from the shock tower to the ECU for knock and IAB's. I don't believe the exhaust manifold bolts up to the cat correctly so you'll need to get an exhaust shop to adjust it.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/definitive-guide-gsr-eg-swap-2976738/
Old 02-26-2014, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if i were to use the gsr cable, it has a bracket on the firewall on the integra, just to hold that long cable to the firewall just before it loops around.
Oh ok gotcha. Yea I have mine just flapping on the shock tower lol