Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swap help needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap help needed!!

Sup guys just got my first civic and dont know much about cars at all. Ive been asking around and picking up on a few things and it makes sense for the most part but heres whats going on. First of all i have a guy who wants to trade me a stock civic for mine. Mine is a Frankenstien mini me (at least thats what ive been told) My swap is a D15b7 block with a D16z6 head. Now ive been told it should move pretty quick and be vtech. The problem is its neither.. Ive got a leak coming from my thermo which was just replaced as well as thermo seal. Still leaks which causes me to constantly have to replace fluids.. (help with this issue?)

Also sometimes when im accelerating it feels like fuel isnt being delivered for a split second, like it kinda lags if you will. (also need help with this)

the other major problem im having with it is an oil issue. It doesnt burn oil but the enigine is oily around the bottom of the valve cover idk if thats from the gasket or what. (any advice is highly appreciated)

Thats it as far as problems woth my baby, but this is almost the most important question of them all. I know you can link a bunch of different blocks up to a bunch of different heads but the motor in the civic the guy wants to trade is bine stock. Its a 95 so im assuming its a z9 since thats the only d series non-vtech engine that came in that years civic. (at least i think so) i boughtva del sol for parts and it has a z6 head. Can i put a z6 head on a z9 block? And if so how fast would the car be?

Thanks guys for all your help. Like i said this is my first hond ever and im wide open with it. Thanks again guys your support is appreciated
Old 02-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: swap help needed!!

Originally Posted by k1ttyk1ll3r
Question: Sup guys just got my first civic and dont know much about cars at all. Ive been asking around and picking up on a few things and it makes sense for the most part but heres whats going on. First of all i have a guy who wants to trade me a stock civic for mine. Mine is a Frankenstien mini me (at least thats what ive been told) My swap is a D15b7 block with a D16z6 head. Now ive been told it should move pretty quick and be vtech. The problem is its neither.. Ive got a leak coming from my thermo which was just replaced as well as thermo seal. Still leaks which causes me to constantly have to replace fluids.. (help with this issue?)

Answer: Buy a real engine.

Question: Also sometimes when im accelerating it feels like fuel isnt being delivered for a split second, like it kinda lags if you will. (also need help with this)

Answer: Buy a real engine

Question: the other major problem im having with it is an oil issue. It doesnt burn oil but the enigine is oily around the bottom of the valve cover idk if thats from the gasket or what. (any advice is highly appreciated)

Answer: Buy a real engine.

Question: Thats it as far as problems woth my baby, but this is almost the most important question of them all. I know you can link a bunch of different blocks up to a bunch of different heads but the motor in the civic the guy wants to trade is bine stock. Its a 95 so im assuming its a z9 since thats the only d series non-vtech engine that came in that years civic. (at least i think so) i boughtva del sol for parts and it has a z6 head. Can i put a z6 head on a z9 block? And if so how fast would the car be?

Answer: Buy a real engine. Wtf is z9 block?

Question: Thanks guys for all your help. Like i said this is my first hond ever and im wide open with it. Thanks again guys your support is appreciated

Answer: Your welcome. Honda-tech is a great place to find all kind of information. You should stay away from Sohc mini me, they make no sense and no power for the effort you put into it. Doesn't sound like you know much about honda engine, so you should definitely invest your time and money into a running complete d16z6 engine. Less headache of mix and match parts, and it will still out perform your weak *** mini me all day.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sent from k1ttyk1ll3r:

thanks
Your a real ******* ***** bro. Buy a real engine? Why dont you suck a real dick you ***** fart piece of **** **** you. Im trying to work with what ive got and i need useful advice. Maybe you should learn your engines before you hop on a noobs post and try to make yourself look cool. Dumb pucker butt ************ wtf is a z9? Your the god dMn noob you dumb ****. Do some research learn some thingz get an snapback and kill yourself. U r an fagit

Wtf.... *_*
Old 02-24-2014, 12:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Pick up a repair manual and read it
Old 02-24-2014, 01:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if the 95 civic is dx and stock, d15b7. if its ex or Canadian si and stock, most likely a z6. ( assuming they are coupes ) b7 is non-vtec. To make the dx a vtec just put a vtec head on ( ie. z6 ) get an ecu with vtec, run the pins from solenoid to ecu bam done, d15b7 block with a d16z6 head are popular mini builds. still sohcs. if you are on a budget good little builds.. but for the same power as a dohc you will end up spending twice as much money on the sohc.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wut