Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with obd2a ls swap in my obd2b civic dx

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with obd2a ls swap in my obd2b civic dx

Hey guys I'm doing an ls engine swap in my 00 4 door and i have a few questions... I adapted the integras obd2a dizzy plug on my wire harness and every wire color matched so i figure that's ok.? Got a obd2b to obd2a jumper harness.. plugs into ecu perfect buy where it connects to the wire harness the one green plug dosent go in .. any ideas? Where is the iac located I'm thinking intake mani I did the 3 wire to 2 wire trick to the only plug i saw that looked like it was the one..should I just use a obd2b ls ecu n return the jumper ?

Parts I have let me know if im missing anything I really want to put the motor in this weekend..
99 B18b
97 manual ls tranny n shift link
Axles n manual halfshaft
Obd2b to obd2a jumper
Avid race mounts n si brackets

Also motor has a sensor by the alternator pully don't know what to do with that nothing reaches.. any advice will be really appreciated thanks in advanced
Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help with obd2a ls swap in my obd2b civic dx

Will post pics Soon of harness n everything Tomorow.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:13 AM
Trial User

i ran into the same problem honestly i would use a obd2b harness dont really matter if its for a d or b seris
Old 03-15-2012, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This might help:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/%2A-%2A-obd1-b-series-engine-into-obd2a-obd2b-civic-integra-%2A-%2A-1972711/
Old 03-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

green plug off the engine harness goes to your dash harness.

that plug by the alternator is for your ckf sensor, you'll have to get a new plug if you want to use that sensor.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh wow I feel retarded about the green plug lol .. and can I take the plug off of the ls harness do I even need it ? Probably cuz its obd2 huh.. sorry for all the questions I've been in the honda game since I was 16 but this is my first swap. I bought a new tps cuz the motor came with a broken one is there a specific way to put it in ? Also changing the axles I ripped the boot on the tie rod that connects the wheels to the thing that turns the wheels when youy turn the steering whel. Is that real bad? Hope not thanks again for all ur replies
Old 04-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey all i got the motor in .. no spark was checking and my friend mentioned checking inside the.valve cover and.motor.looked like it never had a oil change.. and a wire in the dizzy was loose.. got another ls from Honda kings but my real problem is when i put the axle in the passanger side the non LSD bar that goes through the differential dosent seem to let the axle go in all the way .. I bolted it to the rotor and it in there but it has some play in it.. idk if its the alignment my car pulled to the right allot.b4 I took single cam out this wories me could it have to do with Abs ? I regret doing a swap shoulda kept my single cam and gone boost but I'm way to deep to turn back lol please any advice or help would be really apreciated . Could it be the differential is there a way to look in there and see if there is.somthing messed up in there ? It's only about a quarter inch not in all the way
Old 04-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do you have the correct axles in the car?
Old 04-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok yeasterday I got a jdm b20 and I swapped it in and turned it on today but I'm still having the axle problem i tried to engage the clutch but it seems the clutch line has air and it dosent seal to good so I'm thinking ima teflon it. And i have to change the tps sensor and the.alternator belt that was on the ls. Didn't fit the b20 .it sounded like a monster when she fired up and she idled great ..
Old 04-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm using new gsp auto parts axles for a 97 ls Wich is the tranny I have
Old 04-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is there a certain way to put in the.axle ?.. I'm going crazy I hope its not the differential but I look in there and it dosent look messed up or anything .. is it saposed to just slide right in ? Someone told me I have to turn it as I insert it but that dosent sound right ..
If I buy a differential how much do you guys think a shop would charge me if i take them the diff and the tranny .? More that 500? Do you have to completely take apart the tranny to change a differential?
Old 04-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2low4dow
Is there a certain way to put in the.axle ?.. I'm going crazy I hope its not the differential but I look in there and it dosent look messed up or anything .. is it saposed to just slide right in ? Someone told me I have to turn it as I insert it but that dosent sound right ..
If I buy a differential how much do you guys think a shop would charge me if i take them the diff and the tranny .? More that 500? Do you have to completely take apart the tranny to change a differential?
I doubt it would be the differential. Which axle are you trying to install, the halfshaft or passenger axle. To do mine, I lay under the car hold one end of the axle while someone else holds the other end from outside of the car. I line it up with the differential, push and wiggle it back and forth. Once it's lined up, it should slide in, but it helps if the person outside of the car taps the end with a rubber mallet to get it the whole way in.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got the axle in ! Turns out I damadged the ring at the end and it wouldnt slide in put the the pin and it went right in . Drove her home from my wifes parents house now I have to install new tps so she runs smoother and i also need to install the o2 sensor
Old 04-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nicely done! Hope I helped.