Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOTS of auto swap questions....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 04:36 PM
Ham'ed Hatch

Default LOTS of auto swap questions....

i have a 91 automatic civic sedan. i don't want to be fast, just quicker than i am in traffic. i don't race at all. and i really don't want a 5spd...
so if i were to mate an LS/GS automatic to either the b18 or b16 block, could i use the HASport mount kit for the 88-91s??
i've been told by some that the auto trannies are larger than manuals, so it wouldn't work.
if i were to use a vtec motor with the auto, can the LS ecu's be reprogrammed for vtec? would obd problems come into the picture?
can you simply swap automatic trannies like that, will the shift selector work and all? what complications would i have if it's even possible?
thanks for any help!
Old 04-13-2002, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LOTS of auto swap questions.... (HoMoCo FoLife)

Dude whats up wit u and this auto thing, it to much of a hassle trust me. First of all HASport makes nothing for automatics, call em they'll tell ya. The chances of u finding someone to program your non-vtec automatic ecu to vtec auto are slim to none. Your better off findin one on the JDM market but the chances are still very low. Third even if that slight chance of you going vtec in an auto looks good, u still wouldn't get that much hp, torque (or vtec 4 that matter) from an automatic tranny. The jdm b16 auto alone only kicks out about 150 horses vtec. Not ta bash but i had ta learn the hard way. Stick wit what you got until your ready to either a:learn how to drive stick or B:convert your car to manual and still have to learn stick. Its not worth the headache.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:16 AM
Ham'ed Hatch

Default Re: LOTS of auto swap questions.... (V8KILLA)

i know how to drive stick. i used to have a ZC with si trans in my old hatchback. that's not the reason.
and that's prolly what i'll end up doing then, is just getting another ZC and bolt it to my DX auto for now.
thanks.