Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDM H22A swap questions...Falken Azenis Sports, Flidyne radiator, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM H22A swap questions...Falken Azenis Sports, Flidyne radiator, etc.

Hello!

I am currently in the process of finishing up my H swap into my 1992 CX Hatchback, and I just had a few questions for those of you who might be able to help me out...

Does anybody know where I can get any 205/50/15 FAlken Azenis...RIGHT NOW?

I was also thinking about getting a Fluidyne radiator for my swap, but I am also trying to save some money. I've heard that you can use your stock radiator, but I'm not really sure if I want to do that. Is there some radiator that is in between (money-wise) a stock radiator and a Fluidyne radiator that will fit with my swap?

By the way, does anyone here know of another person who has a JDM H23A DOHC VTEC engine swapped into a hatchback?

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-20-2004, 07:58 PM

Default Re: JDM H22A swap questions...Falken Azenis Sports, Flidyne radiator, etc. (CivicH23AHybrid)

CHECK THE CLASSIFIEDS, just pulled a set of those tires for $300 shipped to NY from cali....id say thats a deal....
Old 04-20-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Re: JDM H22A swap questions...Falken Azenis Sports, Flidyne radiator, etc. (CivicH23AHybrid)

Use a stock(B16) Del Sol dual core radiator. Should run about 2 bills. You will also need a FAL slim fan!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicH23AHybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hello!

I am currently in the process of finishing up my H swap into my 1992 CX Hatchback, and I just had a few questions for those of you who might be able to help me out...

Does anybody know where I can get any 205/50/15 FAlken Azenis...RIGHT NOW?

I was also thinking about getting a Fluidyne radiator for my swap, but I am also trying to save some money. I've heard that you can use your stock radiator, but I'm not really sure if I want to do that. Is there some radiator that is in between (money-wise) a stock radiator and a Fluidyne radiator that will fit with my swap?

By the way, does anyone here know of another person who has a JDM H23A DOHC VTEC engine swapped into a hatchback?

Thanks for the help!</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can run the stock radiator with a slim fan with no problems, just don't plan on 100+ degree days or auto-x & road racing.

By the way, thanks again poison for selling me on a $500+ radiator. ***.

Also, I think Fluidyne is the middle of the road, I dont' really have any idea of the cost but call up Kevin at C&R racing and you can have an awesome aluminum radiator in 2 days.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:09 PM

Default Re: JDM H22A swap questions...Falken Azenis Sports, Flidyne radiator, etc. (DarkKnight[DMD])

Uhm the stock radiator thing, thats a yes and a no. Yes you can run a stock eg rad if the temps in your area are like 50 degrees every day. If it is over 65 you may run into cooling issues (like myself) in which case you can pick up a del sol dual core rad for a lil over 100 bucks (bought my local for 106 brand new).
Old 04-21-2004, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM H22A swap questions...Falken Azenis Sports, Flidyne radiator, etc. (AudioFuct)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AudioFuct &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Uhm the stock radiator thing, thats a yes and a no. Yes you can run a stock eg rad if the temps in your area are like 50 degrees every day. If it is over 65 you may run into cooling issues (like myself) in which case you can pick up a del sol dual core rad for a lil over 100 bucks (bought my local for 106 brand new).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Alright, well, I don't know about your personal experience, but this guy, let's call him Jose, has a 92 CX with an h22 swap. He's been running on his stock eg radiator w/ slim fan since September. He lives in South Florida and (sorry about this "Jose") but the dumbass is only running water and no real coolant.

By the way, he has no cooling issues.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:10 AM

Default Re: JDM H22A swap questions...Falken Azenis Sports, Flidyne radiator, etc. (DarkKnight[DMD])

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DarkKnight[DMD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">]

Alright, well, I don't know about your personal experience, but this guy, let's call him Jose, has a 92 CX with an h22 swap. He's been running on his stock eg radiator w/ slim fan since September. He lives in South Florida and (sorry about this "Jose") but the dumbass is only running water and no real coolant.

By the way, he has no cooling issues. </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHAHAHA! That's funny...
Old 04-22-2004, 12:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DarkKnight[DMD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">]

By the way, he has no cooling issues. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats interesting wish i could have had the same experience. Well, i seem to have solved my cooling issues by replacing my stock eg rad with the dual core. I havent run it too much with it (just did it a few hours ago) but so far its running nice.

So....... to answer the original question, i guess it all depends on the swap. I dont know why it would differ between each swap but, as you can see here, everyone seems to have different experiences. If i were you, i would just throw in the dual core to be on the safe side and be done with it.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am actually running a dual core radiator that came with the car when I purchased it. You can get a dual core Del Sol radiator for under 100 dollars. Also, I am using a Slim Hayden Fan that I got from Disocunt auto parts for 60 dollars. No problems and have been running the swap since last October.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Re: JDM H22A swap questions...Falken Azenis Sports, Flidyne radiator, etc. (Pat McGroin)

i just replaced my stock radiator with a civic fluidyne radiator and got the stock fan to fit (took some modding) because of a huge overheating issues. i had to get my head milled cuz it was warped.. so as you can imagine im reak cautious.. do you think this setup should hold up in the desert?
Old 04-22-2004, 07:53 PM

Default Re: JDM H22A swap questions...Falken Azenis Sports, Flidyne radiator, etc. (H22A1CivicEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H22A1CivicEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just replaced my stock radiator with a civic fluidyne radiator and got the stock fan to fit (took some modding) because of a huge overheating issues. i had to get my head milled cuz it was warped.. so as you can imagine im reak cautious.. do you think this setup should hold up in the desert? </TD></TR></TABLE>

How in the world did you warp your head?