Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gsr swap boggs at WOT between 1st and 2nd gear shifts.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gsr swap boggs at WOT between 1st and 2nd gear shifts.

Just had this swap done in my 95 hatch. I've been working through some problems.
My engine seems to bog between shifts at wot. Falling out of vtec. If I'm running at 3/4 throttle just not WOT and shift the car at high rpms it seems fine. It appears to stay in vtec and accelerates without the bog. It's werid it will spins the tires and then bog at WOT as I shift into second gear. I'm not jamming the gearbox just shifting quickly and smoothly.
This is my first vtec engine. So I'm learning as I go. I'm running a 95 gsr, with short ram intake feed by a SIR airfilter box. 4-1 headers running through the stock d15 cat and a Apex worldsport II exhaust and a 190lph fuel pump.
I just changed the spark plugs and solved a bad ground wire problem causing a erratic temp gauge.
The bogging problem was always there since the swap. I don't know if this normal or not being my first vtec engine. I plan on replacing the cat with a test pipe. I know this is a restriction in the exhaust. Could this be causing the problem?
Old 03-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Gsr swap boggs at WOT between 1st and 2nd gear shifts. (Spins)

Is it throwing any CEL's? I would check the timing and/or O2 sensor.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gsr swap boggs at WOT between 1st and 2nd gear shifts. (VTECVillain)

The check engine light isnt on. Is there a way to check for codes on the gsr engine?
I'm trying to remember if the 02 sensor has 3 wires. I would like to change it if it doesnt cost me an arm and a leg.
I drove the car to work tonight. I was driving it like I stole it. And it felt better. It didnt seem to bog. But I don't drive like that very often. Not trying to break it just yet.
What should the timing be set at. Around 15* before tdc?