Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ready to drop b16 in my rex. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 08:36 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready to drop b16 in my rex. Need help

Just like the topic says i am getting prepared to drop a b16 in my crx. I would like to know everything i need before i begin. For example, is there any special tools that will make some parts easy? Do i need a helms manual, just stuff that you wish you wouldve had when you did your swap. What do you think is the hardest part of the swap, wiring? What do i need besides say a hasport mount kit. Will the stock crx exhaust bolt on to the new engine? That is the kind of stuff i would like to know. If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it. If anyone knows of any helpful websites with photos and what not that would be great. One last question. I want to put a jrsc on the b16 also. Will the jrsc for a newer civic Si fit fine? thanks in advance. Mike
Old 06-27-2002, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Getting ready to drop b16 in my rex. Need help (mrc144)

http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/4gtech.html

the best website I have found on the net about swappin motors into 4th gens.

You will need a custom shiftlinkage or a adjustable shiftlinkage(HCP)
Old 06-27-2002, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Getting ready to drop b16 in my rex. Need help (ED6)

I'm doing that swap right now and there's a whole bunch of shizzle you're gonna want to pay attention to! Remember that you're going to be dismantling most of the front suspension.. check all boots and DON'T tear the ones on the ball joints. You may need one of them wedged forks for the ball joints and perhaps a wheel puller for removing the shaft from the knuckle/hub. You're gonna need oil, coolant, moly grease, and lots of patience.

Check the head. Since you're putting in an older engine check the valve guide tolerances.. mine were shot so I took my head to a headshop. lol..headshop. Anywayz, make sure to read everything in that manual that pertains to your swap. If there is anything that mentions a "special" tool then either consider buying or borrowing that "special" tool. Make sure you have a couple hundred bucks handy so you can get parts urgently becuase old suspension parts will break or things may be sooooo rusty that want new ones.. like bolts, calipers, etc.

I'm puting the sus. teq. hyperflex mast. bushing kit on my car and I've never cussed more in my entire life. I've borrowed parts from 3 different neighbors. Impact wrenches, air compressors, spring compressors, pullers, splitters (ball joints), micrometers, drills.

All I can say is.... GOOD LUCK.

You get a couple of these. because you're gonna be making a couple of these.
I hope I was of some help.
Old 06-28-2002, 01:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Getting ready to drop b16 in my rex. Need help (rice_classic)

I'm puting the sus. teq. hyperflex mast. bushing kit on my car and I've never cussed more in my entire life.
im not surprised with a name like that!!!!

JK

great post,

t..