Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frank_two's G23 Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frank_two's G23 Turbo Build

Welcome everyone, my name is Frank. Engineer by day, car guy by night. I decided a long long time ago (drunk in college with my buddies) that one day I was going to build the infamous cheap yet not-as-baller-as-a-K-swap frankenstein, the G23. I swapped it into a non-honda chassis, because that would be too easy. If you're interested in learning more about my car build the thread is spread across many forums, many links are broken but I refer to it as the "Honda powered Fiero"

On to pics, because that's why you're here, right?

Here's the car, 1984 Pontiac Fiero. Bought for $1000, drove it home, 2 days later threw the rod through the block.

Went to the junkyard and picked up the F23A1 the next weekend.

Ordered and installed H22A4 head studs, because I anticipate blowing this thing up alot.

Painted the block.

Picked up this mess from the junkyard, Integra ECU and OBD1 Accord wiring

Installed the Neptune Demon II for management. Since I got it up and running, this has been great. I do plan on using some of the features like boost by gear once the turbo build is done.

Put the head back together after it came back from the machine shop.

Accord Gauges, because junkyard.

eBay turbo was just for mockup. Going to run a Precision 5831 and Tial 38mm wastegate.

Star Spec Direzza ZII's because this will be a road race car someday.

Fiberglass intake tubing made by me. Because DIY.

Audi A4 side mount intercooler and 2" piping, along with an ebay BOV, again just for mockup.

Painted the valve cover Wrinkle Red, because Honda.

Ported and Polished the intake manifold for the addition of BOOST!

Skunk2 Alpha throttle body and port matched upper intake plenum.

Go-Fast parts: AEM fuel rail and Injector Dynamics 1000CC injectors

old picture of learning how to tune with Neptune.

Thanks for checking out my build.
Let me know what you think, hopefully the G23 isn't so old kids aren't still building them these days.
I've been working on this for a few years now, the most expensive part was by far The Driveshaft Shop custom axles built to handle 400hp.
I'm currently working on a few small issues, tuning, suspension, I have an external oil leak from my head gasket (but compression reads 210 on all cylinders) little odds and ends that always take the longest to get sorted on a build.

Hopefully I can get the Precision 5831 ordered soon, and all the little stuff done so I can have the car professionally tuned, likely at Xenocron.