Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

emissions on the a 97 ob2a hatch.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emissions on the a 97 ob2a hatch.

well i have a few questions, I do have hook ups, but **** will still be hard. when i say hook ups i mean they can play around wiht the emissions and etc. My boy was saying yea yea i got you, and all that. but by time it came around right now yea righh.

When they plug up to diagnose it doesnt show anything, this would be probable because i am still using the Jdm ob2a P73 ecu correct?

car is fine, no checks, idles at 700rpm-1krpms

I can go this route

Find another ek hatch same year?, and use it to pass, Undoubtley but possibly

Or

Have my mans GSR ecu on, and put on a cat, ok but this is the other concern, The Jdm ecu doesnt read secondary o2 sensor so thats why i had a straight pipe since

well if i do get a cat and a o2 sensor my question is, HOw do i hook it up? I honestly dont know what engine harness i have

if this helps, its a 99 jdm type r motor in a 97 ek chasis. where would the secondary plug up to?

THanks, any info would happily appreciated, i will let yall know on the updates. my tags exspire in dec

Old 11-14-2006, 09:41 PM

+1
Old 11-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay...well you know right off the top that you have a 96-98 engine harness, it just depends which one. You can check the part number tag that is right near where the engine harness plugs into the dash harness on the driver side shock tower, then look it up on http://www.slhondaparts.com

If you have the harness that came stock in your car, there might still be an empty plug for the secondary O2 just hanging in there, you would just relocate it down to the back of the motor so it can reach the O2 in the converter.

However, if you have an EX VTEC harness that means you don't have a secondary O2 connector anywhere on the car, since the EX had that branch in the dash harness coming out the floor just in front of the shifter. You would have to add the wiring/connector into the engine harness.

You're probably right that they can't read it because it's JDM, not sure though. If you can find a 96-97 del Sol VTEC ecu that might work, but those are probably rare I'd imagine.

Pick up a Civic Si converter, the small size will help restrict flow for the test and provide you with the bung in the right place for the O2. Don't get an aftermarket cat for this test.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:10 PM

Hey your DX should have the wire for the o2 sensor. I went and looked for my wire because I was missing the o2 sensor for my header and had the one for the cat and the 2 connectors actually Y into the same harness wrap. just trace back the wire from your first o2 sensor and it should be hanging right there. now anyone got a headers for a b16a2?? i need the that sensor bung