Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curiosity what would be a better swap New model Gsr engine or 98-01 Prelude for 94Ls

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 04:19 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curiosity what would be a better swap New model Gsr engine or 98-01 Prelude for 94Ls

i have been wondering what would be a better deal. I have heard that a gsr can acutally beat a prelude with few modifications but i have also heard that the prelude engine is much more sophisticated as well as more power. Also i have an automatic , would i be forced to do a manual sway with either of these engines or could i just get a high-stalled speed torque converter? thanks
Old 09-25-2001, 11:41 AM
New User

Default Re: Curiosity what would be a better swap New model Gsr engine or 98-01 Prelude for 94Ls (94aut

any help?
Old 09-25-2001, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: gravity rides everything...everything will fall, se GA/ne FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Curiosity what would be a better swap New model Gsr engine or 98-01 Prelude for 94Ls (94aut

man, sorry but no one on here or anywhere cares about automatics. i will give you my advice because i did a hybrid automatic swap and i work on auto's and i drag a hatch auto hybrid turbo. i will tell you what i think. to make a stock auto fast, you have to go hybrid either a chasis that is a LOT lighter or get a bigger motor for your chasis. the lighter the chasis for the motor and auto, the less load on the converter and you actually get more power to the wheels. on the 93 hatch that i put the 95 ls auto drivetrain, it was catching 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear! tell me of an ls that does that...not any that i know of (auto). so to actually do an effective auto swap i would say, if you have the money, to do the 2.3 non-v-tec prelude. v-tec is not all that and is not really worth anything in an automatic. i don't think it would be worth the hassle to do the prelude unless you have the loot. for the cost of doing the prelude and all the work...you could put a turbo kit. if you wanted to keep it auto, you could spend about 500-600 on a torque converter. if you want to keep it auto and be pretty fast, torque converter and turbo. if you want to do the manual swap (recommended), do that and build your ls motor or get a v-tec swap. i would only put the v-tec if you are going to convert to a manual. it will be a waste of money if you put the v-tec engine on your current tranny...you will be disappointed. you have to think of a few goals as to what are you trying to do. let me know what you want this swap to ultimately do. i think the only person here to ask for help about automatics is me, so ask anymore questions.
Old 09-25-2001, 06:19 PM
New User

Thanks man appreciate your support

anyways well yes i want to keep this car auto is the torque converter all that? since i dont have to much to spend on my car all at once what would be the biggest gains in steps for example what should i get first i am currently stock with the exception of 16' rims and tires obviously i will probably get an intake soon but after that? should i go immediately for Nitrous I am a daily driver so i dont want to sacrifice my engine for speed I want a reliable setup hook me up with the steps i should go through thanks for your help!