Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer Beware

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Beware (JDM Speedlab)

Ive been in the Honda community for quite some time...and I've never dealt with crooks of this level. If youre in the market for a new engine...stay very far away from these people, they are based in Kansas but appear to work out of Canada. I bought a b18c from them and it came in with a dented oil pan and what appeared to be coolant in the oil pan , they tried to BS me and told me it was just solvents they used to clean the engine, also the engine was ridiculously sludged up (possible blown headgasket) sure enough the car began to overheat and burn coolant. They sent me 500 bucks to repair the headgasket, so I got it fixed, but it turns out the block has a crack in it because its doing the same thing (which means crack in head or block, not warped head because I had it resurfaced with my own money). They now refuse to remedy the problem, even after they gauruntee solid compression on their engines (but somehow managed to sell me a car with a blown headgasket/crack in the engine) ...How can an engine pass these leakdown and compression tests if it can't seal off coolant from the combustion chamber??? Obviously the damn engine never saw a compression guage. Ive already contacted my lawyer and we're going to put a real hurting on this company for refusing to handle thier negligence (they selected the wrong customer to pull this on). But please be aware of this company for future reference.

Company: JDM Speedlab
Old 08-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Buyer Beware (lVlemphizStylez)

Never heard of the company, but Ill steer clear for sure.

Companies that sell bunk motors.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Buyer Beware (DC4_MADMAN)

There are always two stories:

I’m mean it not like me and my uncle said FU we sent him 500 dollars and a gasket set to fix the problem that his mechanic diagnosed.

i just wanted to know what the compression number also that would help to tell you what cylinder was low and might have a problem was and if there was bubbles in the coolant or coolant in the oil pan again or is it even getting low on coolant. i also mentioned if he tightened the head on right and he got a big attitude with that...I’m just trying to figure out what’s going on.... I guess you try to help out and fix a situation and you get the big your no good internet freedom of speech act and everyone eats up like gold. there are people on here who have done business with me and can stand up that I’m honest and if something goes wrong i do try to my best to set right.

he even said himself that we helped and that makes us the biggest scammer ever. lol that’s how we make money by just sending crap out and cutting a profit on the engine to help out a honest mistake. the motor did get good compression even with a head gasket leak it will get compression it might not be perfect but it a used engine not a new one. I’m not going to argue on here back and forth. you emailed me and i answer everyone of them so I’m not trying to ignore you.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:02 PM
amy

Default Re: Buyer Beware (92 CIVIC HATCH VX)

as a seller it is your responsibility to make your customer happy. That's how a good business works. If you're going to be a business then that's your job: making your customers happy no matter what. If you can't deal with this I suggest you end your business.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Buyer Beware (amy)

well make sure you get all of the truth about the engine first like maybe he pocketed the mechanic money got the head milled scratched in during the install and it still leaks.
with every atempt to get a straight answer there's nothing. sorry i'm not running a charity even though i'm helping the customer with everything so far. gave him a gasket set and $500 for the headgasket install?
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1700715
Old 08-02-2006, 03:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, im kind of torn between the two parties here. definately feel the buyer situations, however, dealing with alot of shitty customers i know some customers just mess up installs and such. sold a guy a y8 head and he messed with it for a month trying to put it on his obd0 crx, messed up then filed a claim with paypal. I just sent them a link to all his topics showing he didnt know what he was doing. But anyways, the seller here just has to verify the allogations. Obviously, the buyer got a new gasket set and 500 bills. He did the gasket replacement from the link the seller posted and pocketed the 500. buyer probably put the HG on upside down and blew it and is claiming the seller at fault.

Now that i just read what i wrote, im with the seller on this one.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:12 AM
amy

Default Re: Buyer Beware (bluemax189)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bluemax189 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, im kind of torn between the two parties here. definately feel the buyer situations, however, dealing with alot of shitty customers i know some customers just mess up installs and such. sold a guy a y8 head and he messed with it for a month trying to put it on his obd0 crx, messed up then filed a claim with paypal. I just sent them a link to all his topics showing he didnt know what he was doing. But anyways, the seller here just has to verify the allogations. Obviously, the buyer got a new gasket set and 500 bills. He did the gasket replacement from the link the seller posted and pocketed the 500. buyer probably put the HG on upside down and blew it and is claiming the seller at fault.

Now that i just read what i wrote, im with the seller on this one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmmmmmmmmm

yea kinda leaning there myself now
Old 08-02-2006, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Buyer Beware (amy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bluemax189 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, im kind of torn between the two parties here. definately feel the buyer situations, however, dealing with alot of shitty customers i know some customers just mess up installs and such. sold a guy a y8 head and he messed with it for a month trying to put it on his obd0 crx, messed up then filed a claim with paypal. I just sent them a link to all his topics showing he didnt know what he was doing. But anyways, the seller here just has to verify the allogations. Obviously, the buyer got a new gasket set and 500 bills. He did the gasket replacement from the link the seller posted and pocketed the 500. buyer probably put the HG on upside down and blew it and is claiming the seller at fault.

Now that i just read what i wrote, im with the seller on this one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea except the gasket isnt on backwards...was done to spec...read his link again...it had a faint scratch by the dowel pin on the deck...gasket on with black side up...silver bar code reading pr3 on bottom left....amateurs/first timers didnt put it on..what am i going to do is have the head removed again and sent for pressure testing...if it shows cracks...i want to see how that would be placed on me for responsibility...I will have Mustang Specialities personally send him the results with thier letterhead if it is cracked...and also have the block inspected by them

I will also have pictures taken of the deck and the head...so this doubt in the mind about improper install can be thrown out the window

Modified by lVlemphizStylez at 9:25 AM 8/2/2006
Old 08-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why dont you just send him another motor and take the current motor back?

John
Old 08-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Buyer Beware (1fastVX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1fastVX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why dont you just send him another motor and take the current motor back?

John</TD></TR></TABLE>

buyer is probably at fault for this one (in my belief), why should seller pay for buyer's mistake?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lVlemphizStylez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also the engine was ridiculously sludged up (possible blown headgasket) sure enough the car began to overheat and burn coolant. They sent me 500 bucks to repair the headgasket, so I got it fixed, but it turns out the block has a crack in it</TD></TR></TABLE>

The way you make it sound, you cracked open the block to do whatever, found sludge, buttoned it back up and "sure enough it overheated..." Is that the case? So you had it diagnosed, they paid for the repair, it didn't fix it and it's still their fault? How was the crack in the block found now but not before the headgasket was diagnosed to be the problem?

There's just something a little off with the story/info on teh buyers side.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

directed towards 92 civic hatch vx

im going to say im on your side in this one.
and if that douch decides to try to take legal actions, you obviously have enough proof that you've had nothing but good intentions throughout the incident. If worst comes to worst you actually have grounds to counter sue for slander.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

If you would have searched on here before you bought your motor you would have known where to buy it from...Any guesses ? It starts with an H.... I also if I bought a swap and had to put a headgasket on I would be Pissed off. Glad I didn't have to do that with swap.

gl getting this resolved, hope it works out for both
Old 08-05-2006, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Buyer Beware (bluemax189)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bluemax189 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">however, dealing with alot of shitty customers i know some customers just mess up installs and such.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this happens all too much, then they get their parents to threaten legal action and then they fade off into oblivion (after having left me we a splitting headache). seller beware in these cases.

as for the purchaser of this motor, i do hope this gets resolved, and that the guilty party (whether that's you or the seller), is held accountable to remedy this situation. if you pursue legal action, make sure you have all your "ducks in a row", or else the money they forked over for your repair will likely need to be refunded to them plus damages. thread carefully and make sure they're the ones truly at fault.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Buyer Beware (thahuhstunna)

yeah im kinda with the seller on this one although its not me in the situation
i sold a motor to a guy recently it was pulled from a running car checked everything ran fine in car then 8months later he says i sold it to him with a busted rod and then filed with cc company and got all his money back and im standing there with my dick in my hand like wtf
so if the guy has a buisness and even sent 500 bucks to fix something that may or may not have been bad i dont see how he's a rip off if he was then why would he bother trying to help
just my opinion
Old 08-07-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Buyer Beware (pittbullracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thahuhstunna &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this happens all too much, then they get their parents to threaten legal action and then they fade off into oblivion (after having left me we a splitting headache). seller beware in these cases.

as for the purchaser of this motor, i do hope this gets resolved, and that the guilty party (whether that's you or the seller), is held accountable to remedy this situation. if you pursue legal action, make sure you have all your "ducks in a row", or else the money they forked over for your repair will likely need to be refunded to them plus damages. thread carefully and make sure they're the ones truly at fault.</TD></TR></TABLE>

point taken...which is why im dipping into my own money to have a shop redo the install with fresh parts...that way it cant be said I'm at fault...i see how it can look like I messed up the install...but like i said im taking measures to destroy that possibility...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EE_Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The way you make it sound, you cracked open the block to do whatever, found sludge, buttoned it back up and "sure enough it overheated..." Is that the case? So you had it diagnosed, they paid for the repair, it didn't fix it and it's still their fault? How was the crack in the block found now but not before the headgasket was diagnosed to be the problem?

There's just something a little off with the story/info on teh buyers side.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i removed the valve cover and saw the sludge in the valvetrain...it then overheated...if my bad install on the valve cover caused a blown headgasket...then damn...

Im saving all reciepts for when the gasket is redone...as well as having the machine shop put in writing on their own letterhead the results of the magnaflux and pressure test for cracks...

Like i said i can see how it would look like i did things wrong...but im covering all loose ends right now so that cant be said anymore...
Old 08-07-2006, 01:27 PM

this is the exact image i sent the seller after we recieved the engine and removed the dented oilpan...just so it clears up some air about me making up the overheating issue or causing it...pic was taken immediately upon arrival

i shouldnt have said everything i said about jdm speedlab just yet...because were looking into the possibility of an improper install...but by no means should you misconstrue this as me filing a false claim about recieving a defective engine...because whether it be cracked head or busted headgasket...the engine i recieved wasnt in perfect working order...After the install and the magnaflux we will know which it was...whether it was a blown HG or a cracked head...If it turns out the HG was the issue then Ill retract everything
Old 08-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

call me with the compression number and a leak down result. that will help you narrow the problem.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:40 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92 CIVIC HATCH VX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">call me with the compression number and a leak down result. that will help you narrow the problem.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the engine gets towed to the shop tommorow...where the compression test will be done...I'll call you as soon as it's completed