Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blox intake manifold with stock throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blox intake manifold with stock throttle body

Hey All,

I have a p72 head, running a GSR Blox intake manifold, with what I believe is a GSR throttle body.

Sorry I'm not sure what these holes are called... but looking into the entrance side of the throttle body, there are 2 breather holes:

These lead through to the rear of the tb:

However, my blox IM is exactly like the one shown here, that only has 1 hole:

Question:

1) What kind of throttle body do I have? What throttle body/bodies run the single upper hole only?
2) Is it bad to run this way?

My idle is fine, it sits at ~ 800-900 on idle, the idle adjustment screw is all the way in

TIA!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: blox intake manifold with stock throttle body (SPD DMN)

Im probably wrong but ill take a guess since noone else has but i think its a port that air flows thought your idle position sensor. and no its not bad that its blocked off. looks like a gsr tb! good luck hope something i said was close
Old 04-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: blox intake manifold with stock throttle body (mayoforlife2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mayoforlife2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im probably wrong but ill take a guess since noone else has but i think its a port that air flows thought your idle position sensor. and no its not bad that its blocked off. looks like a gsr tb! good luck hope something i said was close</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey mayoforlife2, guess no one else wants to take a crack at it, thnx for your input! I didn't think it would be detrimental to my car, but it probably explains why I need to close to idle adjustment screw all the way in, instead of having it partway in. Luckily though once the idle adjustment screw hits the end, the idle hits about 800-900 rpms

What doesn't make sense is if I have a GSR throttle body, and I bought a GSR blox IM, why would they block off the bottom port? Do I have a wrong GSR tb?

Can anyone else confirm as well?

Old 04-14-2008, 02:41 AM

probably wrong. but maybe its an Ls throttle body. cuz mine is the same thing. i have to screw in the idler all the way in n it idles around 800-900rpm. cuz if i can remember wen i had bought my gsr longblock awhile back it came wit a blox manifold but i believe da dude told me it has a Ls throttlebody. i might be wrong douh. gd luck on findin out da truth bro. dont 4get to post if u find out.. thanks...
Old 04-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: blox intake manifold with stock throttle body (jdmEJchillen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmEJchillen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">probably wrong. but maybe its an Ls throttle body. cuz mine is the same thing. i have to screw in the idler all the way in n it idles around 800-900rpm. cuz if i can remember wen i had bought my gsr longblock awhile back it came wit a blox manifold but i believe da dude told me it has a Ls throttlebody. i might be wrong douh. gd luck on findin out da truth bro. dont 4get to post if u find out.. thanks...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think my TB is an obd1 GSR throttle body... the lower hole is for the FITV and the upper is for the IACV

But no one has mentioned if its ok to run the manifold without the lower hole on it?
Old 04-14-2008, 12:21 PM

the FITV i believe only comes with the automatic transmission. manual transmission only has IACV valve.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:29 PM

u know bro talkin bout da FITV, i believe we both probably have an automatic throttle body. haha. seriously douh. n if we do , i think its ok to block it off because on a car with manual manifold there's only one hole. like look on inline4.com webpage bout their throttlebody. all the pictures are the manual transmisson ones. n they only have one hole which is for the IACV. hope this helps...
Old 04-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmEJchillen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the FITV i believe only comes with the automatic transmission. manual transmission only has IACV valve. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not sure if this is true. FITV is for cold warm ups, and the 94-95 integras has the FITV, but 96+ integras (obd2) no longer had the FITV. Which is why I believe I have an obd1 gsr throttle body. So the blox IM i bought is probably for an obd2 gsr, but it doesn't seem like it matters if the FITV is there or not, it's only there to control cold warm up idle. Once the car is warm, the IACV takes over.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmEJchillen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u know bro talkin bout da FITV, i believe we both probably have an automatic throttle body. haha. seriously douh. n if we do , i think its ok to block it off because on a car with manual manifold there's only one hole. like look on inline4.com webpage bout their throttlebody. all the pictures are the manual transmisson ones. n they only have one hole which is for the IACV. hope this helps...</TD></TR></TABLE>

As above, yea I think we're ok, my idle at cold is fine as well, sits about 1100-1200 rpms until it warms up and drops to 800-900... don't think its a huge problem. I was just worried that the blockage would cause some sort of issue. Looks like question answered.

The pics in the inline4.com are probably of obd2 throttle bodies...

thnx everyone!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:44 AM

4sure bro. u r most likely right... haha.. itz been awhile since i last really looked into a throttlebody. but thanks a lot bro. my car does the same thing with da warm up. it drops to 800-900rpm after fully warmed. only thing that sucks is my stop screw for the throttlebody is missing, so my gas padel gets somewat stuck, so now i have to double gas it :/
Old 04-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmEJchillen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4sure bro. u r most likely right... haha.. itz been awhile since i last really looked into a throttlebody. but thanks a lot bro. my car does the same thing with da warm up. it drops to 800-900rpm after fully warmed. only thing that sucks is my stop screw for the throttlebody is missing, so my gas padel gets somewat stuck, so now i have to double gas it :/ </TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess in the end I helped you!

But yea the FITV is not a big deal, its just for cold start ups so we should be good Too bad for ur stop screw... just get a new throttle body bracket and stop being lazy

GL!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:11 PM

haha. 4sure bro. im bout to get anotha tb 4rm inline4 for bout $200 with core exhange n itz bored in the inlet 68mm n outlet 68mm, basically den imma portmatch with my manifold.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmEJchillen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha. 4sure bro. im bout to get anotha tb 4rm inline4 for bout $200 with core exhange n itz bored in the inlet 68mm n outlet 68mm, basically den imma portmatch with my manifold. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was going to say no point in a bigger TB if you don't have the a manifold to match it... then you gotta do some head work

Power to ya! best of luck!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:19 AM

4sure. thanks bro. basically my head is nearly done already. got cams, valvetrain, cam gears, basically all i need is headport. haha... im still thinkin on dat cuz for now im into circuit, so i might just throw a supercharge on. whatchu think bro?