Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been waiting for a month

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2001, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been waiting for a month

I had ordered a motor from a company. I had tried gettin one off e-bay or thepartstrader.com, but people kept flaking so i decided to go with a business and now i have been waiting for a month to get it. How long does it normally take to get a motor shipped out from Canada to Va. It has supposedly taken like 10 days for the guy to get the money through paypal. So i guess my question is
How long does it normally take for a motor to get somewhere?
And should it take 10 days for money to be sent through paypal?
Old 11-18-2001, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Been waiting for a month (WhiteHonda)

i got mine form nc to pa and it took a week .i'd give them a call and get a tracking #. good luck should only take 2-3 weeks t the most

[Modified by seek167, 2:11 PM 11/18/2001]
Old 11-18-2001, 11:21 AM
New User

What company did you order the motor from??? I live in Canada so let me know who they are so I can give you the scoop on them.
Jay
Old 11-18-2001, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Been waiting for a month (CanuckCRX)

It was Jspecengines.8m.com/home1 if you just type in jspecengines.com it will bring up a list of crap and you have to find the home1 thing its messed up.. anyway he said it was gonna take a while to get the motors in from japan and i called him and he said they were in and it just seems like hes procrastinating(sp) i sick of waiting..
Old 11-18-2001, 01:15 PM
New User

Default Re: Been waiting for a month (fuzznuts)

Did the money go through yet or not?? I tried the link to the website you gave me and nothing was there...Let me know if you can get your money back or stop payment...what motor are you after?? I can set you up with the right people here in Canada where I order my engines from. They are people you can trust.
Let me know if I can help you out.
Jay
Old 11-18-2001, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Been waiting for a month (CanuckCRX)

It said on paypal that it was confirmed and he said he had to see it in his actual account before he sends it out because he had seen confirmed on paypal before and sent it then the payment was retracted and he pretty much gave the motor away so he has to see it in his account. It was a b series. He gave me his home phone number so im sure he is just dragging his *** on it. Ill call him tomorrow about it and see what he says. He said last thursday it would be friday or monday when he sends it so. I guess we'll see.
Old 11-18-2001, 07:08 PM

Hrmm, thats BS. Paypal takes only a few seconds to go thru, as long as the reciepient accepts. And once the reciepient accepts, its in his Paypal account instantly. He then have an option to request funds to transfer to his checking account if he is verified (1 day) or by snail mail (3-5 days). I would call the dude up and give him an ultimatum within 3 days or you will contact your credit card (that is if you paid Paypal with your credit card) for charge back. 1 month is just too long for an engine. I think he is only delaying it because he ain't got it and trying to doing some horse trading to get the engine for you or in worst case scenario, he is about to take a long vacation to the Bahamas, heard its getting kind of cold up there in Canada Call the dude tomorrow!!!!

[Modified by karmannghia, 4:09 AM 11/19/2001]

[Modified by karmannghia, 4:11 AM 11/19/2001]
Old 11-18-2001, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Been waiting for a month (karmannghia)

http://www.jspecengines.8m.com/home1.html is the link. I knew from the start I had 2 weeks in waiting. Then he had to get the motors in and said it would be here within 3 days of him getting it. He didnt call me when he got the motors like he said he said customs was slow and it took a while. THen once he said he had the motor i paid him that night through paypal and since hes international for me and non-verified he said it would take 3-5 days 10 days later i sit here with nothing.. tomorrow im just gonna tell him if its not sent already dont worry about it and refund my money. I did pay by creditcard over pay pal so im safe right?
Old 11-18-2001, 09:43 PM

check this link out, there is a dude that just bought an engine from them. Might wanna email him and ask him about it.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=89607
Old 11-19-2001, 08:20 PM
New User

Default Re: Been waiting for a month (karmannghia)

What engine are you after exactly?? And if you don't mind, email me and let me know what you paid for it...I might be able to get you a better price through the guys I deal with here in Canada...
Oh yeah, it is getting kinda cold here now, tomorrow's high only 39 degrees F.
BRRRRRRRRR.
Old Man Winter
Bahamas
Old 11-20-2001, 06:57 AM

I talked to this guy for a long while a little back. seemed like a nice guy, willing to answer all my questions, real agreeable guy. he is out of toronto he said. for all that his website is kinda ghetto and his prices are a little high (IMO, he raised them recently) I think he is a decent guy.

BTW: my deal with him didnt work out due to **** on my side, nothing to do with him.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Been waiting for a month (Safir)

My motor was shipped today. Fairly quick since he said it would be the end of the week... im satisfied... now my shift linkage is put on back order so im waiting on that. Anyhow.

Overall from Jspecengines im was just pissed that i had to wait but if if forklift really did break on him... theres nothing he could do about it so.. overall i would say... Pretty decent and since he got a newly worked on lift there shouldnt be any problems in the future so... i would say order from him just get a outlook on the shiip date. And ill let you know how the engine was condition wise if you want jsut email me if you care.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

JSPEC ENGINES SUCKS dont order anything they screw you everytime ...cv boot busted after 2 days or driving, didnt come with all mounts/brakets...slow service, crappy communication, all he does is put it off, dist. cap broken, ALL 4 INJECTORS were crap running on d15 injectors.... overall for same price... i could get the same thing elsewhere and it would be difficult to get any crappier service and products...
Old 01-12-2002, 02:49 PM

That really sucks man. He was on my list of possibilities....not any more
Old 01-12-2002, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Been waiting for a month (electronsol)

Hey Man! I am really sorry to hear that. I actually know of these YAHOO'S you bought the engine from. For this reason, I am opening up a similar business very soon. I have a direct connection with Japan and will have serious quality items at WAY better prices than this guy! I am new to this board only cause I just found out about it. Anyhow stay tuned for my companies site. We will be up in one month, and I would be glad to help anyone out with JDM products!
Old 01-12-2002, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Been waiting for a month (90CIVICSI)

took my company almost a month.
i woulda given him 1 more day and i woulda called
but it got here
Old 01-12-2002, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Been waiting for a month (KAMiN)

Canuck CRX where are you located. I am gonna be looking for a b20z shortblock and b16a cable tranny sometime soon.