Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B18C5 into EG2 Del Sol need lots of help, please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18C5 into EG2 Del Sol need lots of help, please!!!

Hello and thanks in advance
I have the chance of getting a B18C5 ITR DC2 engine, and I plan to swap it into my Del Sol Vtec EG2.
I know nothing about swaps and I wanto to know the following:

Does the engine swaps plug and play?
What about the gearbox? shall I use mine or can I swap the ITR?
Do I need any engine mount kits?
What about the ECU? My wiring is OBD1 but the engine and the ecu is OBD2. Can I get an adapter for the ECU so I can save all wiring and use the existing wiring?

Is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks very much again
Alberto from Madrid, Spain
Old 06-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: B18C5 into EG2 Del Sol need lots of help, please!!! (blackmore)

Boy are you in luck. The B-series swap is direct plug and play.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackmore &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Does the engine swaps plug and play?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackmore &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about the gearbox? shall I use mine or can I swap the ITR? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your b16 gearbox would work because they are both for the b-series engines but u could also use the itr gearbox if you like.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackmore &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Do I need any engine mount kits?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Since you already have the b16 engine, i dont think you would need any extra mounts. but for a D --&gt; B series swap, i know you would need to use the Integra timing side mounting bracket and mount itself, rear Integra mount bracket with the Civic mount, topside tranny mount from either the Civic or Integra, and use Integra front mounting brackets with the Civic rubber mounts and it will bolt right in with no hassles.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackmore &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about the ECU? My wiring is OBD1 but the engine and the ecu is OBD2. Can I get an adapter for the ECU so I can save all wiring and use the existing wiring?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Save your time and money by keeping your obd 1 wiring. Here's the trick, keep the integra engine harness because it will be direct plugin to your del sol shock tower harness. Then run an obd1 chipped p28 ecu (again, the ecu plugs and del sol harness is direct plug in). By using an obd1 ecu, this in effect changes the engine into obd1 spec... which means no need to wire up an extra o2 sensor! and no need to use adapters!

James
Old 06-07-2005, 05:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: B18C5 into EG2 Del Sol need lots of help, please!!! (Jedi_Sol)

if you are getting the itr tranny, use that one instead of the b16. It has closer gears and LSD .
Old 06-08-2005, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jedi and IHateJDM, thanks so much for the answers
It's helpful to know it won't be difficult (or too difficult)
Thanks again