Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B18B swap not starting!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18B swap not starting!!

Well I finfished my swap, and I went to start it up...their were no problems except for a weird clicking on the left side of the dash.

the car ran fine fro ten minutes then I shut it off.

I then went back to start it again and it started but as soon as I steped on the throttle it stalled out and I couldn't get it started. once and a while it will catch but stall immediatly.

I hear the fuel pump and I checked the ground on the tranny and the valve cover.

does anyone have any suggestions. thanks!!!!
Old 09-27-2002, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18B swap not starting!! (DOHCarp)

im not sure what it can be but reset the ecu. disconnect the negative side of the batt. leave it off for a min. then connect it again. see if it turns on for another few minutes. then somebody else can help you from here haha,sorry dont no much bout what can go wrong in ur situation. o and um id check spark plugs/wires/all vaccum lines/distributer cap/all electrical connections. somthing could have gotten loose while u were driving? good luck
Old 09-27-2002, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18B swap not starting!! (mitsuman)

well i still didn't get it running, but I had it sputering a few times.

also to updqate the problem....their is a loud clicking going on under the dash on the drivers side, and when this is clicking the CEL is flashing and the speedometer is jumping all over the place.....anyone have any ideas!
Old 09-27-2002, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the clicking might be the main relay, my main relay did the same thing when it went bad. What car did the B18 go in? It also may be some wiring issues, when I put my B18 in my crx I was having the exact same problems, looked at all the wiring and it ended up that two wires were mixed up.
Old 09-27-2002, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18B swap not starting!! (See Are X)

see are x, it came out of a 94 integra and its going into a 93 cx. I just checked the codes and the CEL didn't come on, but when I turn the ignition on sometimes it doesn't come on all the time.
Old 09-27-2002, 04:54 PM

if it is throwing a temp sensor code it will run then just shut off.....so make sure they are al plugged in....then check to make sure you have fuel pressure.....and the timing is right and the firing oreder.
good luck
Old 09-27-2002, 06:45 PM
New User

Default Re: B18B swap not starting!! (boostinb18)

Did you unravel the civic MAP sensor harness from the Civic map sensor which is on the firewall? You need to use the civic map sensor harness, not the integra one. For the LS swap into a EG, take the civic map sensor harness and plug it into the map sensor on top of the integra throttle body. When I first did my LS swap back some time ago, I didnt know that I was suppose to do this and the car ran like **** and died out several times. You can remove the old civic map sensor and my things a little spacier (not muc) in the engine bay. Good Luck

[Modified by lshatchturbo, 11:00 PM 9/27/2002]
Old 09-28-2002, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18B swap not starting!! (lshatchturbo)

lshatchturbo, im not really sure what you meen whith the map sensor harness.....how do I use the one from the old civic? Do I just splice in the wires that I have to cut or should I not have to cut anyhting? thanks for the help!!!
Old 09-28-2002, 08:11 AM
New User

Sorry, I figure it would a bit confusing, since it was for me the first time. Okay here it is:

On the LS engine, you have the main engine harness, that has the three harness's on the drivers side, then the three on the passanger side which BOTH sets plug into there respective locations on the CIVIC main harness. Visualize what i am saying.

Now, look to the right of your fuel filter, there is a little black thing, that should say Denso on it. That is the STOCK civic Map sensor. Connected to the civic map sensor is the the civic map sensor harness.

Look on your LS engine. Direct your attention to the throttle body of the LS engine. Notice on top of it there is another black box with DENSO on it. That is the INTEGRA map sensor.

As stated before the LS engine harness has all the plugs stated, INCLUDING its own map sensor harness.

BY harness, I also mean PLUG. I use the two terms interchangeably.

What you need to do is take the map sensor PLUG from the CIVIC map sensor, that is the when located near the fuel filter, unravel it, then plug it into the map sensor on the LS engine, which is located again on the throttle body.

The extra map sensor plug from the integra harness you can just leave dangling. After all that is done, pull your ECU fuse from your fuse box under the hood for about a minute. Put the fuse back in then start her up. HOPEFULLY this is the problem. Good luck, if your still not sure, let me know