Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b16 not running up to par

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b16 not running up to par

i have a b16 in my 90 crx si and have been having problems since i got the engine swapped in i did all the maintenace stuff plugs wires, cap rotr, water pump tbelt, tensioner. checked timing marks on cams 3 times and they're good, checked and adjusted distributor timin and got it running a lot better, i replaced the o'2s with one known working one, and a oem replacemnt,

i get cel's for both o'2s before and after i changed them, so i higly doubt its 4 bad o'2s... ive tried switching the o2's around to no avail... ive alswo replaced iacv with known working one

cold start engine stumbles right off idle till like 2k then gets better when it warms up, used to shut right off when it would start up cold, i had to keep it running , but when warm it wouldnt, thats why i replaced iacv, problem got better but is starting to come back. cleaned vtec solenoid also. no dashpot valve

engine pulls from 2k -4k ok, then you can feel it bog at part throttle, and doesnt get better till 7k where it pulls hard

im running pr3 ecu with everything stock. please help ive searched a whole lot and no one has had similar problems,
Old 07-24-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: b16 not running up to par (work-in-progrex)

Have you had it propperly timed (by the distributer with a timing light)? Also you might try getting a new fuel pump. I noticed that mine ran a tiny bit better after I replaced the pump. You might want to find someone that backs me up on this though...
Old 07-25-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: b16 not running up to par (sitinthehall)

yes, i timed it with a light... i also think it could be the fuel pump , because it seems like its getting worse, i just ordered a fpr and gauge so... hopefully that will give me an idea of whats goin on...when im on the highway i can feel it not really hesistating, but something close to that but if you get on the gas it goes away, also when i got into town it seemed like it was boggin a bit more than usual... i think im going to have to order a new pump