Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avid Racing Axel/Mounts in my EG

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avid Racing Axel/Mounts in my EG

95 civic coupe w/h22, i/h, fpr, wideband O2.

Just a quick warning most people probably don't need.
Save the money and just go hasport or hcp or anybody else.

I've had these mounts/axels for not even a year. <10k miles

mounts are worn and sad looking
engine is about 2mm from the drivers strut tower
drivers side axel is too long which *i guess* cause the INNER boot to tear
passengers axel is too short and pops out, leaking tranny fluid everywhere
poor fitment causes all kinda of vibration issues
axel binding under any hard right corner or heavy dip.

their customer support is hard to get ahold of. don't bother leaving a message type of shIIt.

https://home.comcast.net/~jrus...x.htm

some pics of their sheeeit.
i need new mounts/axels, any reccomendations? could i just change out to integra axels maybe? does anyone know the lengths of these axels?
thanks inadvance...
Old 06-10-2005, 04:52 PM

anyone know what that bolt does?? it has a spring inside...
Old 06-11-2005, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Avid Racing Axel/Mounts in my EG (95civicH22a)

Hey, 95civich22a. I remember this problem, you had called us and we had told you that the shop you took it to installed it incorrectly. At the same time the mount was damaged during the incorrect install. This has also affected the axle placement on the vehicle as well. I also remember sending the shop a new mount out of common courtesy to the keep customer happy. Now I don't know what happen with that after that. But I apologize that you have a problem and if you want please call us @ 866-507-2843 on Monday. Please talk to me my name is Franklin, I will send you our new Billet aluminum EGH22a kit. Thanks and i hope this helps.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

here is a pic of our new mounts, I'm sorry we do not have the steel mounts anymore.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Avid Racing Axel/Mounts in my EG (Avid Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Avid Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I also remember sending the shop a new mount out of common courtesy to the keep customer happy. Now I don't know what happen with that after that.</TD></TR></TABLE>
they replaced the motor mount and installed it correctly, everything was fine for about 2-3 months and the same problems returned. (eg. axle binding and leaking) I'd really appreciate new mounts as the polyuerethane inserts have worn out INCREDIBLY fast.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:07 PM

maybe you can hook up me witha deal on new axles. i'll send you these back if can rebuild them. probably trashed i'd imagine.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for Avid

good luck on your car 95civich22a. must be fun to drive a setup like that.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:16 PM

ya, lots of fun to drive but like i said i haven't really pushed it much because the axels bind on hard bumps, esp. at high speeds. It's a nasty sound.

franklin with avid racing says he's sending me new mounts which is awesome... i know my axel boot is torn and has to be replaced, plus they're probably worn from the bad angles on the occasional times i drive it... I'd like to change the axels same time i do the mounts.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:26 PM

so. TRUE TO FORM. Avid racing is trying to screw me over again... franklin promises alot but delivers nothing. it's now past two weeks after i was told i was getting new mounts and no replys to my emails and no mounts.. WOW, i'm shocked.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:43 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you hear anything yet?
Old 07-15-2005, 10:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Avid Racing Axel/Mounts in my EG (White Smoke)

i guess he's just trying to keep a good name with the H-T crowd (and advertise the new mounts). I've heard a lot of bad stuff about the old mounts (and nothing good but price), hopefully the new ones will be better, but who cares if customer service doesn't deliver as promised.
sorry to hear about the problems 95civich22a, hopefully avid will come back to this thread and prove us wrong.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Avid Racing Axel/Mounts in my EG (IHateJDM)

I've also had problems with Franklin coming through on promises.

Steve
Old 07-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Avid Racing Axel/Mounts in my EG (k-series)

I had there mounts and I needed new inserts which have a lifetime warranty
and I agreed to pay shipping because I need them next day aired so I gave them my card info to charge it and they charged me $75 for shipping so I call them several times about this and the guy I need to talk to was never in and never returned my calls so I IM them on here and got no response, so basically they ripe people off.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:10 PM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Avid Racing Axel/Mounts in my EG (dragline)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dragline &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had there mounts and I needed new inserts which have a lifetime warranty
and I agreed to pay shipping because I need them next day aired so I gave them my card info to charge it and they charged me $75 for shipping so I call them several times about this and the guy I need to talk to was never in and never returned my calls so I IM them on here and got no response, so basically they ripe people off. </TD></TR></TABLE>
That’s OUTRAGIOUS! Call your credit card company and tell them the situation. Im sure you will get your money right back. AT least till you get it straight w/Avid.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Avid Racing Axel/Mounts in my EG (White Smoke)

i have nothing but good things but mine is a b-series in a crx , and there shafts are holding up really well to 24.5" slicks all season
Old 08-05-2005, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95civicH22a)

Hey, Jordan. Just wanted to let you know that we did send out those mounts and you will be receiving them soon. It took 2 weeks because it got stuck at the border. I do apologize for that, sometime customs take longer then expected. Especially that your not a client of ours, so your not in the system through our brokers. Once again I apologize for the delay, but you will see your mounts soon. Just call me for the tracking number. Even though you have not yet reveiced your mounts, I took the liberty to send you new billet ones and plus we havent even got the old ones back yet. Some manufactures ask to send the product back so you'll have more down time. With us we send you the mounts first so that there is no down time other then shpping. So once again I pologize for the delay.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Avid Racing)

Hey Franklin, your website is down. I don't suppose you've had a chance to respond to my IMs or emails yet have you?

Steve
Old 08-05-2005, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (k-series)

No I havent just give me a call steve. 905-507-2843. Our website is currently being updated.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:12 AM
New User

Wow, I was asking about different motor mounts and from what I was told Avid was shipped in from the states.

Now I see Avid is located in Mississauga.

Where are these mounts made?
Old 08-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (97'SilverBullet01H22)

in canada but they have a ton of distributors in the states from what i have seen
Old 08-10-2005, 04:01 PM

Default oi

so just got my new mounts today... The word from avid is that i sent them the wrong address so i feel like an ***.
So other than not receiving several of my emails and taking their sweet time calling me back, Avid delivers, not to mention they hooked me up with the new billet mounts (and free shipping from canada to oregon) they look pretty spiffy.... Alot better rubber that the old steel ones... I'll put'em in this weekend and get back to everybody about my ongoing fitment bullssssheeeit....

I'm thinking i'm gonna have to take the engine out to change these mounts am i right???
Old 09-19-2005, 07:42 PM

Default better.

FINALLY. engine seems to sit correctly (driver strut would still require a little pounding however) FINALLY i can take some corners, i set the front to 4 and back to 5 on the tokicos, a little bit of understeer, but thats how i like front wheel drives to be... So gotta give props back to Avid for backing up their product and shipping me free new mounts! only bummer is paying speed concept $250 to change out the mounts...(apartment living has it's downfalls) I feel like since it was under warrantee i shouldn't have to pay that, but oh well. Get the upper cv re attached and replace that boot the Civlude will be fully functional again...