Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a supercharged GSR EG CIVIC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a supercharged GSR EG CIVIC?

My 98 integra ls was stolen 2 weeks ago and I am fixing to get a 92si hatch and I was wondering if anyone has a EG model civic with a GSR swap and supercharged?Will it fit and could any of you post a pic for me to see.Thanks! This was my teg and still hasn't been found.

RIP!
Old 11-04-2005, 05:00 PM
R.I.P.

Default Re: Anyone have a supercharged GSR EG CIVIC? (darkblue1998ls)

now you have to change your user name... lol
Old 11-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

poor teggy

But a turbo setup would be better in many ways.

why are you set on supercharger?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Re: (Sketch_hs)

Yea I miss my teg!I want to do a supercharger just because you dont see it as much.I think that it would feel good having that immediate power at the touch of the pedal.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:53 AM

immediate power = lies. if you have a b16 gearbox you will almost always be in boost
Old 11-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You should just turbo it. A supercharger would give power all of the time but also give you really bad milage all of the time. I think a turbo would be best. Way more potential.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have a supercharged GSR EG CIVIC? (JeffBro)

im sure the spuacharger will fit b/c the eg/dc engine bay is the same...
Old 11-07-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Re: (MI KENT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MI KENT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">immediate power = lies. if you have a b16 gearbox you will almost always be in boost</TD></TR></TABLE>
I am sorry but correct me if I am wrong but what would the tranny have to do with the exhaust gasses exiting from the engine in order to make boost?If you were at a dead stop and fixing to race a b16 tranny is not going to keep me from having the turbo lag off the launch.If I spent the money and got a nice equel length exhaust manifold then yea the lag would be less.I have had 3 turbo hondas already and yes I love the turbo but I never have ran a supercharger and hardly see anyone else.I appreciate all the comments but really I just want to know if it will fit and does anyone have this set up in there car that might post up a pic or 2 for me.Thank's
Old 11-07-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: (darkblue1998ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by darkblue1998ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I am sorry but correct me if I am wrong but what would the tranny have to do with the exhaust gasses exiting from the engine in order to make boost?If you were at a dead stop and fixing to race a b16 tranny is not going to keep me from having the turbo lag off the launch.If I spent the money and got a nice equel length exhaust manifold then yea the lag would be less.I have had 3 turbo hondas already and yes I love the turbo but I never have ran a supercharger and hardly see anyone else.I appreciate all the comments but really I just want to know if it will fit and does anyone have this set up in there car that might post up a pic or 2 for me.Thank's</TD></TR></TABLE>

a b16 tranny actually has alot to do with when you hit boost...because the gears are so short, you'll be hitting boost alot quicker then if you were using an LS tranny.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think also is that because its a close ratio tranny and not a wide ratio, when you downshift the difference in ratio isn't a huge amount, so you dont lose as many RPMs and thus you stay in boost the whole time. and with the right setup you can launch just above boost and there you go eliminating the lag. that aside, i also like the supercharger as it seems to make more torque at the low end.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone have a supercharged GSR EG CIVIC? (JeffBro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffBro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A supercharger would give power all of the time but also give you really bad milage all of the time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's absolute crap! The Jackson Racng superchargers as well as almost all Roots type blower kits on the market have bypass valves that activate under all vaccum conditions. When your cruising along at part throttle, the blower is just along for the ride (read: 1-2 hp draw on the motor). In many cases, your mileage will improve by a noticeable amount with the supercharger (if your tune is decent), since the blower will start boosting at much smaller throttle openings, and you will not need as large a throttle opening to maintain speed on shallow hills, etc.. as you would with NA or a Turbo motor.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Anyone have a supercharged GSR EG CIVIC? (Jaker)

supercharger
turbo insane top end power... sure a supercharger has all around power but once the spool is up, your outtie 5000
Old 11-08-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Anyone have a supercharged GSR EG CIVIC? (bnut510)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bnut510 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">supercharger
turbo insane top end power... sure a supercharger has all around power but once the spool is up, your outtie 5000</TD></TR></TABLE>
Why do I need insane top end when The quarter mile should be done in 12 seconds or less just by swapping a B18c1 into a eg hatch with a jrs and 12psi pulley fully tuned.I am not trying to go all out drag car and turbo's are sweet in every way that I do agree.I just want to be a little diffrent and as I can see no one has posted yet that has this set up.I am talking about a reasonably fast daily driver.The big boost JR kit is putting down 250hp by there dyno testing and that is good for atleast a high 11sec quarter with a b16 tranny and lsd.OK maybe with the head port and polished with some aggressive cams too.I dont want to have to build the bottom end untill I have to.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MI KENT)

damn that was a hot teg
Old 11-12-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: (core3200tm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by core3200tm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn that was a hot teg </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank's! I guess I am going to go with this set up since there doesnt seem to be anyone who has it.I have even tryed other sites and no one has shown me any pic's or replied to even having this set up.I guess I could be diffrent.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (darkblue1998ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by darkblue1998ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thank's! I guess I am going to go with this set up since there doesnt seem to be anyone who has it.I have even tryed other sites and no one has shown me any pic's or replied to even having this set up.I guess I could be diffrent. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If it'll fit I say go for it, I'd love to have a supercharged setup someday. Check out this mild B16 w/ a vortec supercharger dyno, runs mid 12s: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1399180 Might not be as powerful as a turbo setup, but the power curve kicks *** especially for the street
Old 11-13-2005, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

why not both! Haha anyone else see that wild twin charged b16 that was up a lil while ago? Nuts…

Anyways to all considering boost , i would recommend strongly to go with a nice responsive turbo setup.

I'm using stock b18b block stock b16a head along with a gt28rs t3 drop in w/ .82 housing. Inline Pro Mani (300rpms faster spool than ramhorn!) B16 tranny, and tires with OD very close to stock.

Even with my super restrictive silent RS*R Exmag cat back and 2 1/2inch DP with recirc WG... it spools really fast! You really are always in boost, and the gt28rs is super hyper active as far as turbos go... it's hard to drive the car and NOT get full boost even at less than 1/ 2 throttle!

Disco Potato may very well be the best street turbo on a Honda IMO….

BTW, I have an inside source at Garrett and will gladly hook any HT member up any ball bearing garret… (I can get misc stuff too, anything you see on a site like ATPturbo.com and some more. Around 20% off retail or better with free shipping in the US… not trying to make a buck, I want to give the gift of boost… to all those in need

-Tyler, who plans on playing with a supercharger some day on his Honda just because… I can lol