Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone had problems with z10 oil feed fittings with ls/vtec

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone had problems with z10 oil feed fittings with ls/vtec

i have a freind that just built a b20/vtec that had oil problems.(it locked up the camshafts).he wanted me to ask if anyone was using the z10 fitting for an oil feed with no problems.he has narrowed it down to that or the fact that he is still using the b20 oil pump.the reason he thinks it is the fitting is that a few other people in town have had the same thing happen when using that fitting and i have a customer using the ls oil pump on his ls/vtec w/turbo that is t'd off of the oil pressure sensor with no problems.he is going to change the fuel pump and use a golden eagle oil feed kit this time.he was just wanting to know the cause of the problem to prevent it from happening again.thanks
Old 09-08-2003, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: anyone had problems with z10 oil feed fittings with ls/vtec (turbotypeR)

The cams are supplied oil from the main oil galley, if you look just above the oil filter you will see a vertical galley that runs to the cylinder head this is the main oil feed for the cam bearing journals,there is one other thing to check also ,there is an oil metering orfice in this galley located at the deck surface ,I have seen these clogged with engine gasket sealer(either RTV or head gasket sealer) and this will cause the cams to sieze , the fitting that you are using to supply the v-tec mechanism only supplies oil to the hydraulic pin in the rocker arms. Did this happen during during the intial fire up?? or does the engine have some time on it??Please feel free to call us ,ask for Jim. I will gladly try to help you figure out what the problem is.