Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 civic Sedan Swap help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 civic Sedan Swap help!!!

Alright, I'm saving up for a swap for my 99 civic VP sedan (it has a DX engine in it right now) but I can't decide on which engine to get. I really want an h22A motor, but the majority of the folks down here where I live say it's not worth all the modifications that are required to put it in and get it running. However, reading over this post and other websites such as speedhawaii.com, superstreetonline.com, etc. has shown me that IT IS possible. How much work would this really involve? Do you have to shave down the chassis, engine, or any part for that matter?? The other options i'll have by this March will be the B16A2 (99-00 USDM Si Motor) or the Integra Ls motor. Both of these engines I hear are cake to swap in and have a lot of room for modifications should I choose to do so. But...I currently own an automatic and I'm not gonna lie, it's damn nice not having to shift! Sure there's a huge loss in power, but I dont plan on racing anytime soon. I basically want my civic to have ***** and comfort (excuse the language). Is there anyway I can keep my automatic transmission with the Si engine? I know they make automatic Integra Ls's so finding an engine with that shouldn't be too hard. they also make automatic preludes. For any of these swaps would I have to lose the A/C? Because like I said before, i'm all about the comfort. your help in this engine decision would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
Old 02-25-2002, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 99 civic Sedan Swap help!!! (shypinoy99)

You should do a search. But I would say no matter what you do get a manual, automatics are crap. Is it really that bad having to shift? I personally think the advantages of stick far outweigh the advantages of automatic (if there are any). I wouldn't get the B16 its overpriced.
Old 02-25-2002, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 99 civic Sedan Swap help!!! (wotmsedan)

b16 overpriced? it's the cheapest of the vtec motors. If you really want some power, you could always do a B20VTEC. But, mucho denero.

I'd just do a GSR swap. Prolly the easiest...

Don't do an H22. Too many problems..mount kits and resleeving and stupid stuff. Keep it simple.