Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95% done with wiring a STD hatch and hit a speedbump

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 95% done with wiring a STD hatch and hit a speedbump

Hey guys. Perhaps somebody can help me out with a few issues. I have a '90 STD hatch with a B20/VTEC and a CTR trans. I am using a P28 with Hondata so I have the OBD1 jumper harness already. However, I am having a few problems...

The first problem is that I modified the DPFI harness but I have completely forgotten whether or not I switched around the green/white and yellow/white wires on the TPS plug. Here's a pic of what I have right now:

The second problem is that I have 2 extra wires on my driver side shock tower harness: A black/yellow wire and an orange one. Those wires are missing on the engine harness. I remember eliminating two wires for a DPFI plug. Are these the 2?

Problem #3: In the second pic above you can see a yellow/black wire coming into the harness. This wire goes to my union box (not shown) for injector power for the 4 injectors. Ben's resource says there are two wires. I have only one.

The last problems that I am having are with the last connector in this next pic (the one disconnected):

Inside the connector there is a large male spade. I believe it may be my white O2 sensor wire. Can anyone confirm? As far as the other plugs go, I THINK I have them plugged into the right spot. I am referring to the 2 plugs in the head and the spade connector on the starter. Those aside, I have 2 sensors on my motor still disconnected... the coolant sensor on my waterneck and my oxygen sensor. The coolant sensor is a 2-wire plug and the oxygen sensor requires some wires from my jumper harness. You can also see two wires hanging with bullet connectors on them. I believe these go to my transmission, but as you can see, the 2 wires on the back-up sensor are the same color going in to the plug. So which wire goes where? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by SolAssassin; 09-06-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95% done with wiring a STD hatch and hit a speedbump

Trying to help my own cause... I did some searching and I finally DID come up with something. In the last pic I posted, is it possible that those two wires hanging (with the bullet connectors) are for my fan? From what I found in another post, there are some similar wires in the pics...

It looks like they were supposed to plug into the above switch that was supposed to turn on the fan:

They extended those wires and mated them to a plug on the water neck as such:

One of my wires is a different color but this seems to make a lot of sense. Can anyone confirm? Does it matter which way I hook up the wires (does polarity matter)? If this solves my problem with the missing plug on the t-stat housing, then what do I do with the back-up sensor on the transmission? Last of all, should I eliminate that one big plug? I'm still not 100% sure if this is the O2 white wire, but if so, my OBD1 jumper harness provides all 4 wires for the O2.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It would appear that the 2 wires hanging next to the O2 plug in MY pic are the back-up switch lights. Green/black and black are back-up switch lights according to the service manual. The fan switch is supposed to be yellow/green and black/yellow according to all of my research. Now I have to find my missing fan switch wires... Does the polarity matter when hooking up the reverse lights?
Old 09-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SolAssassin
The fan switch is supposed to be yellow/green and black/yellow according to all of my research. Now I have to find my missing fan switch wires...
OBD0 fan switches were on the back of the block near the oil filter, check that area of the harness.

Originally Posted by SolAssassin
Does the polarity matter when hooking up the reverse lights?
No.