Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***HELP ASAP**** PROBLEMS WITH LS SWAP

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***HELP ASAP**** PROBLEMS WITH LS SWAP

****MORE PROBLEMS****

OK... The hose problems have been figured out.... the ground problem has been figured out... but still no spark

Ok, today we dropped a 95' b18b into a 92 honda civic h/b; so it's suppose to be the easiest drop-in ever right? well i am having a bit of a problem;
***problem 1 ***- Motor cranks over, but no spark... power is getting to the distributer but theres no spark, new wires, plugs, cap, and rotor have been put on...
***problem 2 ***- I am using the integra half shaft but the drivers side is way too long, so long it does come close to fitting...

and this is just a question... does the Ls (obd1) have 2 map sensors???

HELP HELP i need my car to start running again! thanks!

Modified by PrOjEcTpImPcIvIc at 4:23 AM 1/19/2004

Modified by PrOjEcTpImPcIvIc at 4:23 AM 1/19/2004
Old 01-10-2004, 11:25 PM
egizzle8

Default Re: ***HELP ASAP**** PROBLEMS WITH LS SWAP (PrOjEcTpImPcIvIc)

The 92 dx's have vtec wired up already so thats 2 conectors but the other I'm not sure of. What mounts did you use to drop the ls in?
Old 01-10-2004, 11:26 PM
egizzle8

Default Re: ***HELP ASAP**** PROBLEMS WITH LS SWAP (egizzle6)

Also check your grounds and the one to the thermostat housing.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrOjEcTpImPcIvIc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">***problem 1 ***- there are 3 wire harness plugs that "don't go anywhere" there is absolutely no where to hook them up?
!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Integras have ABS, you hatch does not. You will have extra plugs.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrOjEcTpImPcIvIc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">***problem 2 ***- there is a bunch of hoses that we had to cap off around the intake manifold(Skunk 2)/throttle body area, how many are there suppose to be left over...!</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh geez, on the top of my head. You have two hoses going to the fast idle, two going to the IACV, and you have two hoses going from the block to the coolant tube on the back of the block. All of them should be connected.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrOjEcTpImPcIvIc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now a new problem***problem 3 *** Now the motor will crank over but it's not getting any spark, we put on new cap, rotor, wires and plugs but still no spark...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Check all your grounds (aka thermostat ground, trans ground, and valve cover). Check to see if you are getting power to the coil.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***HELP ASAP**** PROBLEMS WITH LS SWAP (egizzle6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egizzle6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The 92 dx's have vtec wired up already so thats 2 conectors but the other I'm not sure of. What mounts did you use to drop the ls in?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have correct, all 92 civic are already wired for Vtec (from the ECU to the shock tower), But they are already on a connector so that would not be the extra connectors. You would use 94-01 integra rear trans bracket and two side mounts (a/c, and trans) from a 94-01 integra and you can reuse the other civic mounts.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:22 PM

I feel your pain, went through the same confussion. Don't worry about the plugs....like all have siad, there are some that the hatch doesnt have. As for the other prob, grounds are prob. not happening.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:21 AM

Default Re: ***HELP ASAP**** PROBLEMS WITH LS SWAP (s2kintegra)

up...
Old 01-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrOjEcTpImPcIvIc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
***problem 1 ***- Motor cranks over, but no spark... power is getting to the distributer but theres no spark, new wires, plugs, cap, and rotor have been put on..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, you have power to the coil? you check your ingitor?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrOjEcTpImPcIvIc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
***problem 2 ***- I am using the integra half shaft but the drivers side is way too long, so long it does come close to fitting...</TD></TR></TABLE>

What axles you using? you make sure the axle/half shaft is all the way in?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrOjEcTpImPcIvIc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and this is just a question... does the Ls (obd1) have 2 map sensors???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, only one. It is on the throttle body.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:04 AM

so you guy saying that when doing an LS swap into an EG, you can use the stock mount on the timing belt side? and integra mount on the tranny side?
Old 01-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HIStateEG6)

Old 01-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check your coil. i just had the same problem. FYI, the coil from your D series will work in the B series dist.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:50 AM

thanks guys... hopefully i'll get it runnging soon