Honda S2000 Honda S2000

S2000 Vs. porsche boxter opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: S2000 Vs. porsche boxter opinions

Originally Posted by gtsam
If you can afford it, boxter is the better car.

Everyone knows the boxter doesn't compare with some of the older 911 and gt2,3 carrera gt etc., if that makes it girly, lame or not a 911. I would ask wheres honda's answer to the 911 gt2 gt3....?

HP/TQ: revving to to 9rpm with full power at 6rpm will never feel better than revving to 6.5rpm faster with full power at 4rpm..
6cyl just always sound better, many 4cyl owners hate to admit it but its a fact of life, get over it. They also tend to allot pull smoother through all rpm/gears.

Looks: Both are sweet looking convertibles, a subjective department but, from factory the boxter looks better, with kits, the boxter looks better. The $ factor is the only win for the S in this department.

Features: The boxter wins again, features are often seen as unnecessary but can really enhance everyday drives and piece of mind.." heated wiper washers, side airbags, immobilizers, multi adjust seat/steering".

Weight: 2004 the Boxter weighed less

Social: snob vs.rice who cares.

I could keep going but there are always cars that will look and perform better, it just mostly matters how you feel when your driving it.
With that said I would love to drive a s2k and will probably get one, also both the VWR32 and Audi TT are in the same price range
and with awd 250hp 260+ tq @ a mere 2800rpm also the 04 sti 300hp/tq

what rock did you crawl out from? take a S2k and a boxster around a track and see which one wins...horsepower and torque dont mean **** then...both cars run a low 14 and ive seen guys in stock s2000's hit 13's, so there goes your horsepower argument...s2000 has better balance and better 60-0 stopping, it also cost less to mod, maintain, and insure...im sorry but to me this is a no brainer type question and you my friend, are very misinformed
Old 09-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was that guys first and last post...
Old 09-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tough choice. Porsche is known for their engineering and race ready street cars. They are fairly costly to maintain compared to Hondas, but they are a more complex engine.Variable valve timing and lift (varo-cam plus), Tuned intake manifold (like the GSR intake)lower CG and midship mounted means better handling...but at a price. Plus with the Porsche Boxster S, you get the 6 speed Getrag tranny.
I love Hondas, but like someone said, Porsche is a different level of car...Theres a reason their known as one of the best handling cars in the world...
If you get the Boxster, get the S.
Have you considered the Cayman?
Old 09-26-2009, 06:48 PM
New User

Originally Posted by Boots
what rock did you crawl out from? take a S2k and a boxster around a track and see which one wins...horsepower and torque dont mean **** then...both cars run a low 14 and ive seen guys in stock s2000's hit 13's, so there goes your horsepower argument...s2000 has better balance and better 60-0 stopping, it also cost less to mod, maintain, and insure...im sorry but to me this is a no brainer type question and you my friend, are very misinformed
"boxster around a track and see which one wins...horsepower and torque dont mean **** then"
No where did the original poster said he wanted to track the car, infact he clearly stated he wasn't going to mod either of the cars if he got them.
On the street, hills, light to light hp and tq is everything in my opinion.

"it also cost less to mod, maintain, and insure..."
pretty sure I started saying "money " aside the Boxter is better.
cost of maintenance, insurance last time i check didn't affect the way the car drives or performs. The guy clearly has the boxter as an option and probably can afford it.

"s2000 has better balance and better 60-0 stopping."
Never said anything about stopping distance, I said the has boxter has better braking system what I meant was it "feels better and more controlling/balanced" again my opinion from driving the cars.

"you my friend, are very misinformed"
seems you didn't read the original post or mine clear enough, since you disagreed with me on points I never mentioned.
I was just comparing the cars in my opinion without any ignorant hating on either cars.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bottom line is the s2000 is a better pick between these two, im not going to argue over the internet over some bull ****....OP, test drive both and decide for yourself instead of asking people on a public forum...
Old 09-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the dumbest comparo ever. The S2000 performs better at most things. The Boxster does a lot more things well. It has the prestige of a porsche but the maintenance pricetag to go with it. The boxster is the poor man's porsche for sure. The only reason you'd buy a boxster is that you can't afford a 911.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The S2000's engine and transmission is mounted behind the front axle, therefore, it too is a mid-engine vehicle. Again as someone stated before, this is a retarded question to ask on a bia's board. You're better off asking this on "roadster lovers" forum, but then you'll get 50k guys telling you to get a miata.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think the boxster looks a bit poo too
Old 09-27-2009, 12:55 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boots
In the new Boxster's defense it beat the S2000 around the Top Gear test track driven by the Stig. It was a minimal difference but it did beat it. Older Boxster they didn't test though.