Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

A PROPER baffled oil pan is now in production by Canton Racing!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 A PROPER baffled oil pan is now in production by Canton Racing!!

A PROPER baffled oil pan is now available from Canton for our S2000!
Hello Everyone,

On another forum I started a thread about trying to get Canton Racing to produce a proper baffled oil pan for our car since no other manufacture does. I feel that many of our race track related engine failures are due to oil starvation.

Well, I'm happy to say that after 9 months, we've finally done it!! It's in production!!

Below I've copied my 1st post about this, and the announcement post of the pan for you to read see what it's all about. I haven't posted a link to the threads because I figured it probably wasn't appropriate to do that on another thread.

PM me if you'd like the links.

Finally in production! See today's post!

click here -> #374

So, I unfortunately totaled my S2k last Easter sunday....but, this gives me a chance for another build right? Looking at the bright side....

The oil pan I have now has an anti-slosh plate, but that's not really a proper baffled oil pan. I'm sure all you experienced racer's know that a proper baffled pan has baffles and other oil flow control pieces built around the pickup itself. While an anti-slosh plate is helpful, it's not really anywhere near what is needed in oil control.

Looking around at the stuff on the market, I can't seem to find one for the S2k.

Canton Racing, a well-respected 40+ year old racing company, is considering making a proper pan if there is enough interest. Canton Racings line of business is oil control and they've been doing it for decades. They are the inventors of the Accusump. They've made baffled pans for road racing and drag racing for years. Interestingly, a growing part of their business now is drifting. Makes sense, 'cause those guys have high sideway's sustained g's at high rpms.

They are considered to be among the best in the business, but don't rip you off on price like a lot of import tuning companies. As an example, their pan for K-series motors is only $390, with no core charge, which is amazing. There pans are usually steel, so far stronger than aluminum, and if they get messed up at the track, they can be repaired. They always have a couple extra bungs for oil temp sensors and turbo apps, and include a magnetic drain plug. (no, I don't work for them!) Like all well designed baffles, it uses one way oil channels and "trap doors".

https://www.cantonra...n&category=1507

And here's a picture of their prototype (now in production) of their K-series pan designed to use the S2k pump. The pic is the prototype so the production unit will have better looking welds of course...and the antislosh plate is removed so you can see the rest of it better.

In order for them to start building one and get it into production, they have to make sure there is enough interest. I'm asking you guys if you'll email them. Below I've written a sample email that you can copy paste and email to:

(email address removed to help comply with non-vendor solicitation and advertising rules)

Dear Sirs:

I am a Honda S2000 owner who has an interest in a well designed baffled oil pan. Unfortunately most of the others on the market for my car only have anti slosh plates and not proper oil control design. It would be great if your company could build and sell a properly designed pan for my car. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

So, help me out guys and send an email to them.

DavidC
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image: DSC06522.JPG

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:50 PM
Well guys, we finally got the pan in production!!!! Yeah!!! Thanks so much to Jeff at Canton Racing for all his effort at getting this to become a reality!!!

Below I've copied Jeff's email to me describing the costs and such and showing his excitement as well!!

Dave,
I told myself I was not going home today until I had a quote for this pan and I didn't care what I had to do to make it work. The quote is really good. There are some options and things to relay but all said and done I can't see anyone have any issues. The cost is based of us getting at least 12 people to pre-order which I can't imagine will be an issue. I'm going to list everything below so it is easier to see.

Pan $382.25

Pan w/out AC bracket $367.25
Flywheel Cover $30.97

Now, this cost is based off the fact that we appreciate people jumping into a non existing part. The retail cost of the pan will end up being $480.00 and the retail cost of the flywheel cover will be $39.60. Be sure to relay that part of the message because I want to be able to get as many people a deal as possible.

Now the pan will come with a Gold Irridite finish. This process is the easiest and cheapest way for us to finish pans. Despite the cost savings it is just as good as powder coating. Now if guys want it powder coated black it will cost $15.00 extra.

Part of the issue with stuff like this is it's hard to quote until you have a solid design idea. The AC bracket once we looked at and had time to choose the best strongest idea really didn't cost that much.

The pan will made out of steel and come with a diamond shape road race baffle, Turbo return bung and anti slosh baffle. We are going to attempt to increase the capacity where we can but it most likely won't be much (possibly .5 qts). Since aluminum is more costly we wanted to wait until we produce these pans to even quote an aluminum pan to make sure we are as close to the quotes as possible so we don't put a crazy quote out there.

The flywheel cover will be made out of aluminum and will mount to the transmission bell housing and to the block.

I'm sure I'm leaving something out but I will remember and be able to email you. If you have any questions let me know and I will do what I can to answer it. I'm also going to email all the guys on my list so some guys might get the information from both you and me but I don't think they will have any issue.

Thanks,
Jeff Behuniak
Marketing Coordinator

You can email with questions, but to order you have to call. It's a lot easier to just call with questions They are on the east coast.

info@cantonracingproducts.com