Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Need Advice

Old 11-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Need Advice

Well its been couple of years now i haven't started on my prelude 1992 f22a6 the engine blew up my concern is i want to get this car running back again i still have wire harness transmission ive been searching and searching and ive been leaning on a f22 b dohc with p39 ecu my main concern is will there be any problems with this swap or should i just try look for a h23a1 can u guys route me to the right direction thank u so much
Old 11-09-2018, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Need Advice

Most people just go to the H22 swap, but you might find an H23 cheaper. Not sure if you will need to change exhaust manifold if you go that route, but it would need a P14 ecu as well.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

found a h22a for 900 called some local import shop in oc and they wanted 600 for the f22b dohc as i seen the h22 comes with more hp
Old 11-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Remember that you have to rebuild the swap engine also
Old 11-09-2018, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TimiK View Post
Remember that you have to rebuild the swap engine also
well I think Iím going with the h22a thereís plenty of write ups for that maybe down the line I can get a better transmission but thank u guys if I run into some problems Iíll come ask u guys. U guys are the pros and Iím just a noob here
Old 12-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't think you HAVE to rebuild the motor. Just test everything and swap it in. Ran a used h22 from hmo for a few years and just did the basic gaskets and timing belt before putting it in. Only pulled it out for a project.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PreludeJunkie91 View Post
Don't think you HAVE to rebuild the motor.
You HAVE to new all the seals and gaskets and while youre there its wise to do the timing and clutch jobs so basicly its rebuild
Old 12-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TimiK View Post
You HAVE to new all the seals and gaskets and while youre there its wise to do the timing and clutch jobs so basicly its rebuild
Gotcha. Thats basic maintenance though man. You tell some to rebuild and its pistons,rings, rods, bearings, head work. A little misleading because thats how I take it when I here rebuillds.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PreludeJunkie91 View Post
You tell some to rebuild and its pistons,rings, rods, bearings, head work.
well if you can do it by yourself it would be good to inspect the piston rings (and head gasket) as well when the engine is out and if you take the head off you have to take it to machine shop to be resurfaced so... its all about how well youre going to do the maintenance thing and how far youre willing to go to make sure that your swap engine really is grade A engine and its going to last longer than your previous one

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: