Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

electronic wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electronic wiring question

i recently installed my snake eyes..and they work and everything but i thought about what im doing in the future. is there something i can wire fromt he battery with a larger guage wire and run it to like a block that i can run multiple wires into. i ask because the hole that i ran the other wires though isnt much bigger than a quater...and ill be running other lighting accessories and i have a feeling that hole is going to get real small real quick...lol can anyone help me out as far as what i can do?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:39 AM

I hope you're not talking about the windshield washer nozzles........................no, man........you're messing it up!

yeah - they have fuse blocks. I think they're called distributor blocks or something. You can get a big 4 gauge from the batter - run it to the block, and get smaller gauge wire that come from the block. They run off the 4 gauge power source of course. Man, you should throw those things away by the way.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:42 AM
In a Junkyard near you.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (TheKingPin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheKingPin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope you're not talking about the windshield washer nozzles........................no, man........you're messing it up!

yeah - they have fuse blocks. I think they're called distributor blocks or something. You can get a big 4 gauge from the batter - run it to the block, and get smaller gauge wire that come from the block. They run off the 4 gauge power source of course. Man, you should throw those things away by the way. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Second that.
Those should be illegal to sell worldwide.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's all in fun... I have some because i couldn't find any other ones at autozone besides chrome dice and 8 *****. get a distribution block. get switches and in-line fuses for each accessory also (each accessory probably will need it's own different amp fuze
Old 11-11-2005, 08:57 AM

I just don't have any in. I have a CF hood with two small holes. Hardly noticeable. I might get my red ones and paint them before i put them in. I have to drill the holes a tad bit larger.....
Old 11-11-2005, 09:13 AM

I just sprayed mine flat black. They hardly fit though, I don't have them hooked up, they are just there to plug.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:17 AM

yeah, i took my washer resevoir out a lont time ago. If i can find my plugs, i'll paint them black. They're too big for the holes. I'm going to get something to trim the holes a tad bit larger.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:26 AM

I trimmed the squirter with my dremel until it fit

I'm scared to mess with the hood
Old 11-11-2005, 09:30 AM

Well, i was thinking about buying some round files.

You know, the metal files. Kinda like finger nail files, but metal - and of course way strong. But the same concept. You just stick it in the hole and start with a vertical motion, and it'll eat the cf away. I'm going to go slow so i can get the perfect fit.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:30 AM

i know they arent really liked by most car ppl...but when i took the stock hood off...i physically could not remove the stock jets from it. i tried banging then out.....andi didnt want to cut them out for fear of cutting through it. so orginally i bought them like someone said in a post earlier...just to fill the holes. i didnt have them wired until last ngiht when i went down to the beach and i see alot of cars that have them on when driving. now i transferring from virginia to florida...and in va damn near everything aftermarket is illegal for cars. which is why i didnt wire them. Then i see that the cops dont care about stuff like that down here....so i decided to wire them. But yeah imma go to a electronics store and get a distribution block. How many accessories can i run off one....or do they vary?