Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (EF Eight)

ya i know what u mean
Old 04-01-2004, 07:13 PM

Default Re: (d spamony)

dog i say go for it, and with the clutch part, man u can do it i learned on a stage 2 and 3 clutch from friends car. i mean ull grind here and there at 1st but as soon as u get that whole push in clutch and let off gas and shift at the same time, its SIMPLE like dude said b4 its like riding a bike. ull fall over a few time but get back up and sooner or later ull get it or have one f'ed up clutch
Old 04-01-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Re: (d00kee)

lolol, thanks for the encouragement. my dads gonna go down and test drive the b16 pretty soon i think so he'll give me the "down low" hopefully itll be "off the heezy" (sorry im really bored)
Old 04-01-2004, 07:29 PM

first off, I am 16 years old and i have been driving since i was 14. All these people who are saying you are going to "burn out the clutch" are just being stupid, i learned how to get stick down good in about a couple of stopsigns. I found that most of my friends that are stupid suck at driving, but most of my friends that are smarter are better at driving.

I currently have a 90 si hatch and its slow as ****, i got bored with it right away. Now im just waiting for the money to go B16 turbo this summer so i can smote some *** around here. I also do drive my car alot (50+ miles a day) and i consider myself a very good driver, and no my ego is not massive. I have a short shifter on my car and I have never missed a shift, it will take you a day or 2 at the max to learn how to drive good.

To those who are saying not to get the b16 because it is "to powerfull" are being rediculous, you make it sound like its a 400hp beast that he can't "handle." Its 160 hp, and a high 14 sec car, how can he not handle it?

Get the b16 if you don't mind buying a car with a swap already in it. Its going to be cheaper but then you don't get the pride of saying "I did my own swap." Even if you decide to get it you can still work on it and have that pride knowing you work on your own car, it will be cheaper to buy a car with a swap already in it and it won't be hard to drive. GET THE B16!!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (AaronJ)

if the clutch is too stiff for you you can always change it out... just be smart about driving it.. i drove a 11 sec car when i was 17.. just dont be a stupid statistic (getting hurt or worse)
Old 04-01-2004, 08:02 PM

Default Re: (AaronJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AaronJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first off, I am 16 years old and i have been driving since i was 14. All these people who are saying you are going to "burn out the clutch" are just being stupid, i learned how to get stick down good in about a couple of stopsigns. I found that most of my friends that are stupid suck at driving, but most of my friends that are smarter are better at driving.

I currently have a 90 si hatch and its slow as ****, i got bored with it right away. Now im just waiting for the money to go B16 turbo this summer so i can smote some *** around here. I also do drive my car alot (50+ miles a day) and i consider myself a very good driver, and no my ego is not massive. I have a short shifter on my car and I have never missed a shift, it will take you a day or 2 at the max to learn how to drive good.

To those who are saying not to get the b16 because it is "to powerfull" are being rediculous, you make it sound like its a 400hp beast that he can't "handle." Its 160 hp, and a high 14 sec car, how can he not handle it?

Get the b16 if you don't mind buying a car with a swap already in it. Its going to be cheaper but then you don't get the pride of saying "I did my own swap." Even if you decide to get it you can still work on it and have that pride knowing you work on your own car, it will be cheaper to buy a car with a swap already in it and it won't be hard to drive. GET THE B16!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think u had a pretty good insight, thanks man
Old 04-01-2004, 08:34 PM
FastAllmotorLsVtec

Default Re: too agressive? (d spamony)

Just freaking get the crx b16(prolly off e-bay)just practice and have fun be careful if you get it you prolly stall alot with that cluth but get use to it!ANd get it!!
vruuuuummmm vtech
Old 04-01-2004, 08:35 PM
FastAllmotorLsVtec

Default Re: (infinatenexus)

you have any police frequnices for a police scanner anitoch ,brentwood.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:37 PM
FastAllmotorLsVtec

Default Re: (Blaze45)

13??? dude wtf i got mine at 15 not 13 to young no point i have money thou!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 08:53 PM

Default Re: (CrxStreetRacer)

its not on ebay. i dont even know how we came in contact. ive posted a buncha "lookin for cali crx" things. hopefully we'll go test drive it this weekend and ill let u guys know how that goes.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:12 PM

Default Re: (CrxStreetRacer)

A b16 CRX is a great first car... Not. It's not because it's fast, or because it is a stick. It's a bad first car because you could very easily end yourself in a MINOR collision.

There's really not a whole lot in the ways of protection in a crx. They are light cars because they're sheetmetal and plastic. Which doesn't offer a lot of protection in an accident. Seriously, I could see quite a few "minor" accidents turn into "fatal" ones, if a CRX were invloved.

I really don't care if you're capable of shifting, or controlling the power output of a b16 rex(I had a 400hp vette at 18). The fact still remains that you are a new driver, and as such you will more likely to be involved in a collision. I'm not saying that you are sure to wreck the crx, I'm just saying you are more likely to wreck it, then a driver with a few years experience under their belt.

Imo, a CRX should be considered a street bike in terms of driver protection in the event of an accident, because there really isn't any.. If you're going to drive an ED, you should be fully aware of this and not take it lightly, because you could very easily be seriously injured in what would normally be a minor fender bender.

If you were my kid I'd make you drive a boat first, let you get all the stupid immature things kids do out of your system, then consider a CRX if you made it through the first year accident free.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Hybridize)

Listen to Hybridize and virginia_dude, they know what they're talking about.

The issue isn't that you'll have a "fast" car, it is that you might potentially do some stupid things with that "fast" car. Thinking like you'll be able to easly make tight cuts, showing off that you have a b16 by street racing, etc--are all grounds for disaster. And having a car that can do it will make it even worse.

Hell, i'm 19, and have done some stupid things myself, but you won't find me neglecting my past mistakes. Those mistakes still haunt me. What IF i didn't clear that one car, thinking i could cut it if i speed up to nearly 90mph. Stupid **** like that, that can put you at risk aren't worth it.

I probably would buy the car. But, if i ever f|_|cked it up acting from stupidity, i would know that i wouldnt have any financial backing from my family.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:35 PM

Default Re: (Hybridize)

i know what ur saying too. i havent ridden in a rex yet but maybe ill understand a little bit more of what ur saying on how light they are. ive heard a lot of people talk about how light they are tho. would u have the same opinion if we were talkin about a stock rex?
Old 04-01-2004, 09:43 PM

Default Re: (erikiksaz1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by erikiksaz1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I probably would buy the car. But, if i ever f|_|cked it up acting from stupidity, i would know that i wouldnt have any financial backing from my family.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats exactly what my dad said. he was like if u get a ticket or if i catch u doin any stupid racing and stuff like that, its gone. i dont know if ive said it already but im not really into the whole street racing thing. i dont know if i would feel the same way if i was sittin behind the wheel; but im a fairly descent kid. i have a fricken 4.0 and its not all book smarts, its just common sense. its just listening, and understanding information. which is what im doin now. all of ur stories (referring to all h-t ppl) are stuck in my head. lol. i just want to see if it would be a fairly descent daily driver. set all racing and stupid mistakes aside, if i was didnt act stupid, would it serve a daily driver purpose
Old 04-01-2004, 09:55 PM

thanks everyone for helpin me out. i still havent made my decision yet but u guys are helpin me a lot, i appreciate it. keep postin lol
Old 04-01-2004, 09:56 PM

Old 04-01-2004, 10:23 PM

Modified or not, in this case it doesn't make much difference.

Even if you aren't racing or doing something stupid, other people still are, which means you are still at risk. I'm sure you're a great kid and all, with smarts to boot, but that doesn't mean you were born knowing how to drive evasively, or correct a fishtail in a FF vehicle after swerving to avoid some idiot. Things like that are learned from experience, and experience takes time.

The CRX is a great car, I'd argue the BEST as far as p/w ratio, handling, ect, goes...

However, it is pretty much fact that the CRX affords the driver next to no protection in the event of a collision. Statistics show, that as a new driver your chances to be involved in a collision ar far greater then an experienced driver.

High probability for collision + CRX = Not Good.
*Regardless of who was at fault.

I consider myself one of the best drivers on the road as far as alertness and skill level is concerned, and I've been involved in 2 tangles on the street that were'nt my fault and were unavoidable(rear-ended). If I had been driving the CRX in one of those accidents I would have more then likely went to the hospital, because I was rear-ended at close to 35mph(the old lady never even saw me.)

IMO, it would be best to hold off on the CRX until you've had atleast a year to get acclimated to the way your local idiots drive. Even then I probably would'nt recomend it unless you felt you were experienced and confident in your ability to drive yourself out of a potential collision or hazard.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:58 AM

Good luck on your new car search and/or purchase man. It will be a little difficult to get used to but if you have a near death experience at about 125mph (which I hope you never do) it will scare the living **** outta you. Or should I say scare life into you.

Just be safe and take care of your car, cause the will be the only things taking care of you if you decide to do something dumb.

I hope you enjoy anything you get and you learn more about vehicles because they can be a great release from hardships and other things in life when they are most needed.

Great hobby either way.
Keeps me outta the streets!
Old 04-02-2004, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is sinple. If you are someone who can in any way be persuaded by your friends then be careful. At 16 your so called friends will push you or otherwise convince you to do stupid even life threatening things. You don't realise how sometimes a fast car will change you. You sudenly feel the need to see what it will do, after a little bit think you are a really great driver....something you are not at that age due to lack of real experience. If you are one of those rare souls that has nothing to prove, and could honestly care less about the taunts of others about being afraid to race , being afraid to go fast, being afraid to do something stupid. Then by all means do it. If you are not then get something else. High school kids, some of them anyway tend to be real ********. Think the world revolves around them and generally think they are invincible. Get a few of them together ( and they always do stick together) they taunt others. Peer pressure can be a powerfull thing. And odds on the people putting the pressure are the biggest bunch of idiots on the planet. And the Coolest kids in High school are suddenly sometimes the biggest losers when they graduate. But you have to survive it and far too many don't because they HAVE to have a fast car, then their good "friends" talk them into stupid stuff, if you are lucky you survive it, if you aren't people get hurt. If you are real unlucky you won't know it because your family will be grieving over your death.

Remember Common sense is really not all the common.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Re: (katb16vo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by katb16vo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats the way to go! i'm 17 and i had a 91 civic dx sitting in front of the house and it was missing the dizzy and exhaust manifold and my parents said you can have it if you fix it </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm going to do this to my kid(s). That is sweet!
Old 04-02-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Re: too agressive? (virginia_dude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by virginia_dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Remember Common sense is really not all the common.</TD></TR></TABLE>

man dude you are full of deep stuff arent u lol.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d spamony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

man dude you are full of deep stuff arent u lol. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, Think about it, I am right, am I not. High school has not changed that much since I was in it. When you know over 10 people who were good friends that died in accidents, what I say will make a lot of sense.

I real fast car can make the most easy going guy into a speed craving demon.

I had to swear off really fast cars for the last 17 years because I was like that even at 26, now at 42 I still like a fast car but the Testosterone rush a fast car used to give me is now under control.

I was a real Dr. Jeckle and Mr Hyde depending on if I was in a fast car or not.

I was lucky.......... Lot of my friends weren't.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Re: too agressive? (virginia_dude)

hey thanks for all the insight man. i know now that havin a fast caris a big responsibity and isnt to be taken lightly. and its gotta be handled responsibly
Old 04-02-2004, 08:52 PM

bump it up
Old 04-02-2004, 10:21 PM

crx is a great first car, good choice
i'm only 16 and im puttin together a turbo kit for my rex

Quick Reply: too agressive?