too agressive?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (d spamony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d spamony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

jeez bro, thats some deep stuff. anyways back on the subjext; i dont want to street race or any of that crap. there is one thing i hafta do tho: beat my friends 396 SS chevelle. lol but im not dumb. i know what ur saying about those ego-maniacs who think they're fricken awesome and end up killing themselves, their passengers, and the people they hit. its cuz of people like them that good drivers w/ nice cars hafta deal w/ crap from cops all the time. k back on the subject again lol i think im gonna go w/ a bone stock rex, drive in a open area to get the feel of the 5 spd until im comfortable driving around. anyone else w/ opinions post up </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well lets say I have been around longer than most people on this board have, and I have lost Lots more friends. At 42 you will see a lot of things that at 16 you can't. And what gets you in trouble is either misjudging the situation. ( lack of experience) something you learn after years of driving. Or the things you don't see. (learning how to focus and not be distracted) Again a learned thing.

Teenagers are prone to peer pressure, like their quote " Buddies " edging them on to a race because your car is crap after all. Now very few guys at that age will be able to walk away from that. ANd those who don't are the ones you read about in the obituaries.

At 16 I was easily teased into a street race.

At 42 I say lets take it to the track, or stuff your opinions.

Not putting anyone down, just stating the facts..............If you want a fast car you better have the maturity to behave responsibly. And if you have that, then why the NEED to have a fast car to drive on the street. Just something to think about.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:17 AM

Default Re: (virginia_dude)

lol dude u are a wise man. thanks bro
Old 04-01-2004, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks, just pointing things out that I still remember vividly. I still remember being 16 I still remember not having the restraint I have developed over the years. And I still remember the faces of friends killed doing stupid things.

And most of all I still remember what if felt like to rationalise it all by believeing it always happens to the other guy, its won't happen to me.

Have fun by all means, but do it on the track with the proper equipment, when if the worst happens somebody will be right there. You won't be all alone on a deserted back road hopeing someone drives by sees you and bothers to help.

There is a time and place for everything. And the street isn't it.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:21 AM

hey man, if its what you want get it, just remember be responsible and respect the car. hell, i was 14 1/2 and saved up enough money to buy a crx and 3 months later had enough to buy a b16 (cuttin grass rakes in the dough) I did the swap myself so i think i respect my car morebut still, if you want it get it. But just BE RESPONSIBLE! HAHA
Old 04-01-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: too agressive? (d spamony)

it's not because you're only 15, don't matter if you're 14, 25, 32. if you haven't driven stick before, that b16rex is an accident waiting to happen. get it by all means but don't practice with it though, use another car to practice driving manual.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:34 PM

Default Re: too agressive? (katsumoto)

yea... touchy clutch..... i say i would give you 3 weeks and the clutch will be gone from burning it.... maybe a axel......or 2...... or at the least a few sets of tires before you get the "hang" of it..... but stay off the up hills where you have to stop till you got the timing down right.... bout it could be done......... good luck on your rex
Old 04-01-2004, 01:38 PM

Default Re: too agressive? (katsumoto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by katsumoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's not because you're only 15, don't matter if you're 14, 25, 32. if you haven't driven stick before, that b16rex is an accident waiting to happen. get it by all means but don't practice with it though, use another car to practice driving manual.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think it might be too aggressive... It does matter if you are 16 or not. At the age of 16 I had the mentality of a 16 year old. I remember I had a 96 Camaro Z28 and I was always pressured into pushing that car to it's limits. Too many times I've heard people telling me that car was too fast for me.

Old 04-01-2004, 01:45 PM

sh*t.... give him an HF for now to "master".... then do the B16 in a couple years on your own...

i did a DOHC ZC swap into my HF completely by myself(people never seem to show up to help. ) and i am happier than if i had just bought it with a swap already...

hands on work and learning everything about your car and what goes into it is the way to go.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (pyro_freak8)

as far as the b16 is concerned its not too much motor. From idle to 5k its not really any different then an a6. The clutch may be tricky...but i wouldnt sweat it.

the first vehicle i drove was a truck. 86 F250 with a 351 and a 4 speed with a creeper gear, so i had to learn how to start in 2nd. Let alone the toughness of pushing in that clutch.

Anyways i wouldnt worry about it.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:16 PM

if you like the crx then get it,its gotta be the best car for learning to drive stick since it handles good,small and fun..
Old 04-01-2004, 02:18 PM

Default Re: (infinatenexus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by infinatenexus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">16 years old= you need a bone stock CRX, with two missing spark plugs</TD></TR></TABLE>

you are gay
Old 04-01-2004, 02:20 PM

Default Re: (temp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by temp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you are gay </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why is that? In 7 years of Law enforcement I have seen plenty of teen age males in accidents due to there lack of maturity when it comes to dealing with automobiles. There is a reson why young males have high insurance rates.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:25 PM

Default Re: (brent_G)

i learned on a 93 civic lx with a messed up clutch and i think that helped me learn better, im only 18 but i think i can drive very well, my car anyway, with the swap i have and the mods i think my times are very well, most b16 times in crx's and hatches that i have seen, going to the track every weekend has deff. cut down on my street racing

if your going to learn on something tough take your time, dont try to race it until your really used to the power, be safe
Old 04-01-2004, 03:36 PM

Default Re: (b18CrxSi91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18CrxSi91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont try to race it until your really used to the power, be safe
</TD></TR></TABLE>

im not even thinkin bout racing dude, i just want a car lol. k by burning out my clutch u saying like ill be pressing it longer than i need to so i can get used to shifting so itll like wear it out? and would it be expensive to get a new clutch? lol
Old 04-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default hmmm

ive had my license 4 months i got my crx first day i had it i already swaped d15 for a b16. im only 16 years old i got no problems fast and fun all that matters for a 16 year old i guess.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:47 PM

I'm sorry but I'm LMAO..... This has got to be the funniest post I've ever read.. Check this out... Bring your GF over and she can show you how to use the stick... Then by all means buy the damn car man!!!!!!! You'll live to regret it, when you don't....
Old 04-01-2004, 03:52 PM

Default Re: (infinatenexus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by infinatenexus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why is that? In 7 years of Law enforcement I have seen plenty of teen age males in accidents due to there lack of maturity when it comes to dealing with automobiles. There is a reson why young males have high insurance rates.</TD></TR></TABLE>

because i said so, i know who you are asshat.....read the name again
Old 04-01-2004, 03:54 PM

Default Re: (temp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by temp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

because i said so, i know who you are asshat.....read the name again </TD></TR></TABLE>

No ****... how ya been?
Old 04-01-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: hmmm (peKer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by peKer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive had my license 4 months i got my crx first day i had it i already swaped d15 for a b16. im only 16 years old i got no problems fast and fun all that matters for a 16 year old i guess.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey man had u already learned stick before u got the b16? if not, did u find it a lot harder driving w/ the b16?
Old 04-01-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: hmmm (d spamony)

bump
Old 04-01-2004, 06:21 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (virginia_dude)

I must say, I bought my CRX DX when I was 13? (with my own $) I cant remember, What I can tell you is that the stock DX motor is more then enough to get you in trouble stock. Im am so glad that I waited and got used to the car and realized that with great power comes HUGE responsibility before I put my B20 in. I have had one screw up where I took a cornor to fast with 3 people in the car and took my car up sideways on a berm. That was all it took for me to realize I was very lucky and that stuff just isnt for the street. No one was hurt luckily and the car was not damaged. That was when I had just gotten my licence. Now Im 16 and I have learned some things about driving and doing that kind of stuff on the street is not safe and the only place it is for is the track, (that doesnt mean I dont run my car everyonce in a while on the back roads) and there is still quite a bit that I have to learn. Im also am glad that I saved up and payed for everything myself. It makes you apprciate what you do to your car so much more and it means a lot more the me. I would not get the B16 CRX untill you have driven a stick a gotten some exprience behind the wheel. Plus you get to see how much more power you have when you do an engine swap.

good luck

Blaze
Old 04-01-2004, 06:46 PM

Default Re: (Blaze45)

k so ur saying the stock engine is more than enough to keep me entertained, and not bad to learn on?
Old 04-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Blaze45)

hey when i was 15 1/2 i bought my first crx, $500. 88 si. no motor. i worked my butt off that whole summer. BAM i bought my b16a. installed it(my self). i was 16 at the time. drove it, smoked some ppls, (Alot of ppls) the thing is, u have to be responsilbe. thats all. if ur A.D.D. then hold off for a bit. im 17 right now and i got about $7000 into my crx. hahaha thats not even painted yet. and learn about that car. i did my own clutch job(kevlar stage 3). yup my and a friend of mine who noes nothin about hondas. keyword is work hard.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:53 PM

Default Re: (Nations Sickest CRX)

thats pretty tight. thats what i wanna do someday, i kinda want a daily driver first tho. and i gotta clean out my garage lol. me and my friend dont know a lot about cars but we wanna get a car (probably an old muscle car) and fix her up real nice. how was it learning how to drive on ur rex?
Old 04-01-2004, 06:54 PM

Default Re: (Nations Sickest CRX)

Maybe you could get an Si and start learning from there... then after you've saved up enough get a swap, possibly doing it yourself or with others. You learn alot more this way, plus you can't beat the feeling of that hard work paying off.

Quick Reply: too agressive?