Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My 90 EF Shell build thread

Mine is right.

Oh, and mine runs
Old 04-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay either way on the cap is correct, because not the cap but the rotor button can be turned 90 Degrees. Second. This is an obd0 car. Looks like a few pictures back you had obd1 or obd2 Distributors. Neither will work in obd0, even if you re-wire them with the obd0 plugs. So Has the car been converted to obd1 using and obd1 ecu or is it still obd0 using and obd0 ecu.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lilhatch89
Okay either way on the cap is correct, because not the cap but the rotor button can be turned 90 Degrees. Second. This is an obd0 car. Looks like a few pictures back you had obd1 or obd2 Distributors. Neither will work in obd0, even if you re-wire them with the obd0 plugs. So Has the car been converted to obd1 using and obd1 ecu or is it still obd0 using and obd0 ecu.
So i need an obd1 jumper and obd1 ecu?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can do that. But that would mean more wiring, If i were you I would locate an obd0 pr4 ecu and Distributor from a 90-91 Acura Integra.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by shiroun
I havent wetsanded or polished it yet. Haven't really gotten around to it. It actually did come out nice, the overall job is pretty good.
LOL! Did you paint it at night or something? Seriously dude, have you ever wet sanded an entire car? Even with a professionally applied layer of clear coat, you're still talking about hours and hours and hours of wet sanding. With runs like that you'll probably be back to primer before the paint is smooth.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can do that. But that would mean more wiring, If i were you I would locate an obd0 pr4 ecu and Distributor from a 90-91 Acura Integra.
I was thinking obd1 anyway (will a jumper harness and the obd1 ecu work?) because I intend to turbo it, and in order to turbo it I need obd1 and hondata s200.

Originally Posted by EF John
LOL! Did you paint it at night or something? Seriously dude, have you ever wet sanded an entire car? Even with a professionally applied layer of clear coat, you're still talking about hours and hours and hours of wet sanding. With runs like that you'll probably be back to primer before the paint is smooth.
It's a long...long... story.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by shiroun
I was thinking obd1 anyway (will a jumper harness and the obd1 ecu work?) because I intend to turbo it, and in order to turbo it I need obd1 and hondata s200.

It's a long...long... story.

In order to convert it you will need a Jumper Harness and an obd1 o2 sensor. Need to make sure you have an obd1 pr4 and the correct distirbutor as well.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In order to convert it you will need a Jumper Harness and an obd1 o2 sensor. Need to make sure you have an obd1 pr4 and the correct distirbutor as well.
picking up both off e-bay right now. I'm going to get it chipped so I can run the stock o2 sensor.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OBD1 requires a 4 wire O2 sensor down by the cat, I've never heard of anyone chipping their ECU to run an OBD0 O2 sensor.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The kid didn't know what temperamental meant and has a animal sticker bombed...1/8 bumper?

Hasn't anyone realized this is a lost cause? Give up guys...let the kid learn from his own experience.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Spug
OBD1 requires a 4 wire O2 sensor down by the cat, I've never heard of anyone chipping their ECU to run an OBD0 O2 sensor.
*Note* It is possible to use a single wire O2 sensor, but it requires some more knowledge (which I haven't looked into yet). But I believe it requires running the 1 wire O2 sensor lead to where the signal wire on the 4 wire sensor pins to the ecu, and then fooling the ecu into thinking the heating element is attached. I think this is done with a resistor, but I'm not sure. Personally however, it seems to me that the 4 wire setup should be the preferred method as this is how the system is supposed to function.
Originally Posted by 91STDFLOW
The kid didn't know what temperamental meant and has a animal sticker bombed...1/8 bumper?

Hasn't anyone realized this is a lost cause? Give up guys...let the kid learn from his own experience.
Sorry i haven't heard of a word before?
Old 04-28-2012, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by *note*
Personally however, it seems to me that the 4 wire setup should be the preferred method as this is how the system is supposed to function.
I agree with this, and would like to point out that it would be a lot less headache and work to just do it the right way.

I realize that you want to do things the way you want to do them, but there are some times when you just need no sack up and do it the right way instead of trying to find another way of doing it.

Brings me back to the whole mount ordeal. You were told many times what to do, but you insisted you could do it another way, but in the end you had to do it the way we told you to in the first place.

Learn from the mount ordeal and avoid CREATING another problem to try and figure out later.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm simply pointing out that if you do it the right way, then you know it's done the right way, and it's one less thing to fix later.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Spug
I agree with this, and would like to point out that it would be a lot less headache and work to just do it the right way.

I realize that you want to do things the way you want to do them, but there are some times when you just need no sack up and do it the right way instead of trying to find another way of doing it.

Brings me back to the whole mount ordeal. You were told many times what to do, but you insisted you could do it another way, but in the end you had to do it the way we told you to in the first place.

Learn from the mount ordeal and avoid CREATING another problem to try and figure out later.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm simply pointing out that if you do it the right way, then you know it's done the right way, and it's one less thing to fix later.
No, I agree, you're right. It was simply something to research into. If I could eliminate the o2 sensor (depending on the header I use) I would.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

picked up a D-series header today (4-2-1 style).

Has flat bolts in it (the elliptical kind that are a bitch to get out). I think I need an adjustable wrench to get them out. Then I'll put the lower half on my manifold.

Also came with an obd1 oxy sensor, all for $25. Love it!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My jumper harness won't be here till after May 15th apparently. Seatbelts will be here next week.

Gonna mount the seats when the seatbelts get here, and finish up my alternator mounting too.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My jumper harness won't be here till after May 15th apparently. Seatbelts will be here next week.

Gonna mount the seats when the seatbelts get here, and finish up my alternator mounting too.

Also where can i buy window moldings?
Old 05-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-d4EKgmrg

It runs.

No exhaust on it right now, gonna put the seats in tommorow and probably get the header seperated to put on.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-d4EKgmrg

It runs.

No exhaust on it right now, gonna put the seats in tommorow and probably get the header seperated to put on.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are you canadian? that's the only way i can still see you living after all the hate thrown your way.

good luck man, hopefully you'll get something out of this without getting ripped off in the process. maybe your next car will be done cleaner.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lulz
Old 05-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol somethink isnt right.. air leak will not make it rev up unles ur spraying petrol were it was leaking
Old 05-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No coolant in the engine will cause the engine to rev up. put coolant in it, and bleed the air out should tone it down a bunch

glad its running.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its a shocker this thing is running. ive never seen anyone turn a half decent looking car into what looks like it shouldve came out of a salvage yard.

im not hatin, im just stating facts. ive made my mistakes.and so has everyone else. good luck bro. time to flip things around.

the best choice ive ever made is to listen to people who have done it before.

from one ef owner to the next, good luck.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by standy xsi
lol somethink isnt right.. air leak will not make it rev up unles ur spraying petrol were it was leaking
Brake booster line might do it, as well as the lack of coolant.

No coolant in the engine will cause the engine to rev up. put coolant in it, and bleed the air out should tone it down a bunch

glad its running.
I put coolant into the car (around 60:40 coolant:water I believe), but havent bled it. I'm getting hose clamps for the engine coolant hoses since I didnt have them on, and then i'll bleed the system. I also have to wire up the fan switch, which im not sure on.

Originally Posted by noiseyboy
its a shocker this thing is running. ive never seen anyone turn a half decent looking car into what looks like it shouldve came out of a salvage yard.

im not hatin, im just stating facts. ive made my mistakes.and so has everyone else. good luck bro. time to flip things around.

the best choice ive ever made is to listen to people who have done it before.

from one ef owner to the next, good luck.
This is the first car i've built. I can live with some mistakes with it. Worst case scenario I'll turn it around sometime in the future. And it's all good bro.

I might buy a camber kit in a week or two. The wheels have a bit of posi camber from the new knuckles, so i can put some neg camber to balance it out. It's only around 5 or so degrees though on both sides.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its a build thread leave the guy alone. Hes learning and asking questions, the paint job Isn't all that great but who cares since he's making it his own... atleast he got the car running

So much negativity on here wow.......................

Quick Reply: My 90 EF Shell build thread