Notices

im out of things to think of... please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im out of things to think of... please help!!!!

alright.... my car is shaking from the front right.... and when im on the gas it usually pulls in a straight line... but goes slightly to the left... when i let off the gas it pull very hard to the left and the wheels starts shaking harder... here's the catch... it was on an alignment rack 3 different times and it was still doing it... it started making a humming noise from the front right so i figured its prolly the wheel bearing... so when we were takin the hub off... the rotor was stuck so we took the whole knuckle. when we removed that it was clear that the lower balljoint and tie rod were shot... so i had the wheel bearing, the lower ball joint, and the tie rod replaced. when it was all back together it drove pretty good for about 4 - 5 miles and it started doin it again. the axle is also new!!! so my instructor (Wyotech) told me to switch around the wheels and see if i tore a belt or if a wheel was unbalanced, so i did and its still doing the exact same thing... im not out things i can think of that it would be... there is only so much you can do to the steering and suspension and i dont know what else to try... so if there is a common problem i dont know about that's be great to figure out... here is my setup... i have tokico blues with yea i know.... bomz racing coilovers which have been on the car for a while but have never given me a problem, just a bumpy ride... it's low but not real low i can fit a finger n a half between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender , and i have strut bars and a rear lower tie bar. it has a b16 and the only thing i can think of is that it started doin worse after we put in the fidanza flywheel and the exedy stage 1 clutch. the tranny is pretty bad and it doesnt have lsd, so i dont know why it would affect the drivers side, but the clutch i believe was for a hydro b series clutch but still fit with little play (i was outa time and had to come to school and couldnt wait for the cable clutch to be shipped)... but over the past 2 months or so it just keeps getting worse and worse, and not it almost feels like my drivers side wheel is eventually going to fall off..... please if anyone has had the same thing, please help!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: im out of things to think of... please help!!!! (slocookedrice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my car is shaking from the front right.... and when im on the gas it usually pulls in a straight line... but goes slightly to the left... when i let off the gas it pull very hard to the left and the wheels starts shaking harder... </TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like a blown shock.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have tokico blues with yea i know</TD></TR></TABLE>

ahh...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bomz racing coilovers which have been on the car for a while but have never given me a problem, just a bumpy ride...</TD></TR></TABLE>

shocks dont like bumpy rides. its what destroys em.

seriously.

and 1 finger is "low".
Old 01-19-2006, 10:53 AM

not that low... atleast i dont think compared to some of the hondas ive seen lol
Old 01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

look too see if there is brake fade, and it could also be the blown shock.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:12 AM

Default Re: im out of things to think of... please help!!!! (UltimX)

i havent noticed an brake fade although the vibration is sometimes there when braking
Old 01-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the reason why I say brakes is because a friend of mine had the same problem you did. Compare them with the other side and see if it is the same. I don't know why it is caused but after he changed them, the problem went away.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:22 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: im out of things to think of... please help!!!! (UltimX)

another thing I would check is your rack and pinion. If it is shot it will vibrate alot and pull to one side depending on its condition. Has your car ever been crashe?
Old 01-19-2006, 11:26 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: im out of things to think of... please help!!!! (nicks_jdmstyle_ef9)

I dont know if I would say thats your tranny? To really know I would have to drive the car and deel the symptoms to see where exactly the vibrating is coneing from. that is really wierd being that you had an alignment and you still could not pinpoint the problem. I wonder if your tranny could cause that to happen if the diff is going out?
Old 01-19-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Re: im out of things to think of... please help!!!! (nicks_jdmstyle_ef9)

yea it was in a little wreck... i tanked a wall at 115, it was a pretty easy hit for 115, it kinda hit and slid down the wall... that too hard of an impact... but it was all fixed and the problem keeps getting progressively worse

Old 01-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

check your crossmembers then. loose bolts or cracks and whatnot.

i still think its most likely a blown shock.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:12 PM

holy crap thats a hit. My car vibrates too at high speeds, and my alignment guy said everything was tight, so im betting on a bad tire.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:17 PM

Default Re: (97RedCL)

i know mine's not a bad tire.... i just switched all the wheels around on my car, and went for a drive and the same **** was happenin in the same place
Old 01-19-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: (slocookedrice)

nut and bolt it, make sure every nut and bolt in the front suspension is tight, especially the axle nuts, and ball joints. not only on the right side, but the left side to. look the joints where the front and rear cross members bolt to the chassis to see if they shifted at all. just go over it with a fine tooth comb.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My EF used to shake like crazy from 80kmh to 150kmh, turns out it was a worn out tie rod end. After a replace, it was fine. Check your steering rack/inner tie/outter tie rods. After a hit like that I'm sure something is bent and spinning the wheel of and creating a vibration. Check for bent suspension parts. Anything of even a bit will make a car shake violently.