Notices

god price? (update)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good price? (update)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1328659

Well i cant find the wagon so am thinking on buying the 4dr sedan. i worked it down to $500 but while it was sitting there the fuel pump also whent bad he says the he has another one and that he already has the tank down. its 91 lx, if where to get it this would be what ill have to do to it:

change head gasket(Hoping the head isnt bad)
Get tranny and change it
install fuel pump/tank

i think if I tell him to install the fuel pump so i can start it again he would do it aswell. What do you guy think should i buy it or is it too riskey.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:27 PM

i'd be scared to buy it, because it has all those problems.

my rabbit was like that, believe me, those couple things I GUARANTEE you are not the only problems with the car.

think, he removed and installed an engine. a different engine than the car had before. hacked up the wires for a different type of fuel injection.

...but he can't tell the difference between a bad clutch and bad axles. if he knew what he was doing, he'd fix them before selling the car.

my rabbit had the same types of problems, but i only bought it because the body had no rust and it was fifty dollars.

never expect that car to be reliable... or even really run right... without replacing everything, including the wiring.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:50 AM

Default Re: (bagpipe goatee)

the car use to turn on before about 2 month ago and just recently the fuel pump whent bad, but i think he bought the car with the doch already in it and the swap looks clean. am thinking on telling he that if he can stated up for me ill buy it. what do guy think?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: (B18wagon)

If the guy can get it running for you, buy it and be well. If he says "here are the parts, do it yourself, where is my money," walk away. I would never sell a car that didn't run, and I would never buy a car in that condition either unless it was under $100 and delivered to me regardless of how good the body is.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: (VegasEFHB)

i might do that
Old 09-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VegasEFHB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VegasEFHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the guy can get it running for you, buy it and be well. If he says "here are the parts, do it yourself, where is my money," walk away. I would never sell a car that didn't run, and I would never buy a car in that condition either unless it was under $100 and delivered to me regardless of how good the body is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is good advice. I say if the car isn't running, you shouldn't pay more than $200 for it... maybe $300 if the car is in mint condition.

Now adays I'd rather buy a car with a blown head gasket, or without an engine because they are really cheap. you can get a new engine for next to nothing and then make it a beast for super cheap.

if you're pulling the tranny, you might want to check the axles anyway. They might need to be replaced, which can be done pretty cheap.

be on the lookout for wiring issues though. Custom wiring jobs are a headache, b/c you have no idea what they were thinking when they did it.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (SiMateoAko)

u can get a better deal than that...keep looking till u find exactly what u want..
Old 09-23-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: (Suck my DX)

if you know what you're looking at it could be a killer deal....

buying cars from morons can be a good thing cause they may have no clue what they have. it could have a complete hasport mount kit on it for all we know. pass on it if you don't know enough about it but do yourself a favor and turn someone else onto the deal.....guys in the know appreciate it when someone birddogs a deal for them....

500 bucks don't buy you much these days..........
Old 09-23-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: (crx247)

Very true, but if you do not know specifically what to look for, this could be a lemon with more work than actually appears on the surface.