djphonics Project Log, 1988 CRX Si (lots of pics!).

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Autoworks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Autoworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Alot, spare intake mani and TB if you want to get one bored. Also have all the bottom end pieces. Probably some more stuff.
I have a new unopened set of ARP rod bolts, new Wnergy Suspension swaybar end links, new ACL bearings, new ST rear sway bar.... just PM me</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-10-2006, 07:29 PM

OK, I've been in Tokyo for the last two weeks, so now I am back and finally got working on the CRX again. I bought a used Cusco strut tower bar at Up Garage for about $15, but I installed it and it fits, but the damn thing needs about 5mm more to clear the hood on the right side. I bet it would fit with an SiR or ZC bump hood. I might end up just selling it and buying the Neuspeed bar. Anyway, here it is:

I also went ahead and finally got my non-dented fenders put on and it looks a lot better. Here's the one I painted myself (due to ******* who sold me the fenders not being able to package **** properly ):

And here is the one that I didn't paint:

It's a bit faded, but it looks a hell of a lot better not having any more front end damage.

I got new .25mm over pistons for the ZC and the block is getting bored and honed as we speak, but the dealership sent me one set of rings that had a broken compression ring, so now I have to sort that out. I went through DelRay Acura (www.acuraoemparts.com), and so far they haven't returned any emails so I'm getting a bit pissed off. I will call them tomorrow.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (djphonics)

Old 12-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Suit up

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djphonics &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK, I've been in Tokyo for the last two weeks, so now I am back and finally got working on the CRX again. I bought a used Cusco strut tower bar at Up Garage for about $15, but I installed it and it fits, but the damn thing needs about 5mm more to clear the hood on the right side. I bet it would fit with an SiR or ZC bump hood. I might end up just selling it and buying the Neuspeed bar. Anyway, here it is:

I also went ahead and finally got my non-dented fenders put on and it looks a lot better. Here's the one I painted myself (due to ******* who sold me the fenders not being able to package **** properly ):

And here is the one that I didn't paint:

It's a bit faded, but it looks a hell of a lot better not having any more front end damage.

I got new .25mm over pistons for the ZC and the block is getting bored and honed as we speak, but the dealership sent me one set of rings that had a broken compression ring, so now I have to sort that out. I went through DelRay Acura (www.acuraoemparts.com), and so far they haven't returned any emails so I'm getting a bit pissed off. I will call them tomorrow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you ever sell the Cusco strut tower bar, let me know.

Great project
Its coming along.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Spoon Sports)

want to know what you think of those camber kit once you get them on. i was looking at the ones you have and the vision camber kit but the vision kit is really expensive. project looks good
Old 12-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (benmyfriend)

enkei RSF_2!!!

before

after

mr5s look good on a crx
Old 12-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice t-shirt awesome ZC and nice red crx hehe
Old 12-11-2006, 05:24 AM

Default Re: djphonics Project Log, 1988 CRX Si, DOHC ZC (lots of pics!). (djphonics)

have you installed the Revo Technica camber stuff yet? what do you think of the stuff?
Old 12-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice build, I like those enkei's
Old 12-11-2006, 09:15 AM

Default Re: djphonics Project Log, 1988 CRX Si, DOHC ZC (Skipper75)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skipper75 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have you installed the Revo Technica camber stuff yet? what do you think of the stuff?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not yet. I need to get RTA bushings for my rear disk swap. At that point I'll install the Koni/GC setup, rear disk swap, and camber kits. My roommate just got the Skunk 2 camber arms for the DC teg and the Revo ones seem of similar quality. The Skunk 2 ones have webbing underneath so they seem stronger. Also, the hex bolts come from the top of the Revo arms, so I'm worried that they will be hard to adjust when installed in the car. I'll post up my results when I get them installed.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice build
Old 12-11-2006, 12:42 PM

Default Re: djphonics Project Log, 1988 CRX Si, DOHC ZC (djphonics)

yeah you will probably have to raise the car with a jack adust them then lower the car..check it out then do it again as needed...or maybe you can remove the fenders to get at the adjustable parts..

good luck bro
Old 12-11-2006, 02:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skipper75 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah you will probably have to raise the car with a jack adust them then lower the car..check it out then do it again as needed...or maybe you can remove the fenders to get at the adjustable parts..

good luck bro</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I think you might be right on this. I may try and modify them to have the hardware on the bottom (like the Skunk 2's) even before I put them on the car.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:00 AM

bump..i wanna hear about these things
Old 12-12-2006, 12:16 PM

Default Re: djphonics Project Log, 1988 CRX Si, DOHC ZC (lots of pics!). (djphonics)

any news yet?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skipper75 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any news yet?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn man, i gots me a 9-5er job ya know!
Old 12-12-2006, 01:02 PM

lol sorry bro.

take your time and do it right
Old 12-12-2006, 01:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skipper75 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol sorry bro.

take your time and do it right </TD></TR></TABLE>

Its all good man. But like I said, I'm gonna lower the car at the same time I do the rear disk swap, which requires me buying new RTA bushings, which I still gotta get. I think I will buy the Mugen ones.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:07 AM

Grrrr. Mugen RTA bushings are backorderd from King Motorsports until the end of this month.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am always in for a good crx re-build
Old 12-13-2006, 09:09 PM

Default Re: (CBURKE)

Santa came early! After receiving my .25mm over pistons, rings, and wrist pins from Honda, I took the ZC block to Tabor's Automotive Machine Shop in Vancouver, WA. I went and got the block back from the machine shop today. Here's what they did:

-Bore .25mm over and hone
-Deck block
-Polish crank
-Spec and order ACL main and rod bearings

Here's the block. I think it's got some acid burn because it's been hot tanked but still looks strange. I think I'm gonna paint it with the Duplicolor High Temp Cast Finish paint:

Here's the fresh hone :

Brand new pistons:

...pressed onto the sparkling clean rods with new pins :

New main bearings:

I'm waiting for 2 more sets of rings, which will be here tuesday. Then I can start assembling the bottom end.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tabors is bomb, i just went there a couple days ago to have some stuff hot tanked, cheap too..... looks like you got a nice little project going on, gl and i got some ef **** if you ever cant find something (i know how it is) just hit me up on here
Old 12-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdminthemakin)

nice build up. Nice choice on the ZC as well, its good to see one being built to this caliber . Might have to pick up one of those shirts.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:43 AM

Default Re: (jdminthemakin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdminthemakin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tabors is bomb, i just went there a couple days ago to have some stuff hot tanked, cheap too..... looks like you got a nice little project going on, gl and i got some ef **** if you ever cant find something (i know how it is) just hit me up on here</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks. Yeah Tabors seem like good people and the prices are not bad at all.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice build up. Nice choice on the ZC as well, its good to see one being built to this caliber . Might have to pick up one of those shirts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Swap the rod bolts while you 've got it all out

Quick Reply: djphonics Project Log, 1988 CRX Si (lots of pics!).