Notices

CRX Si/CRX/HF pedal assembly

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CRX Si/CRX/HF pedal assembly

Good buddy of mine told me that the CRX Si pedal assembly are different than all other CRX pedal assemblies and I think 4drs, wagons, and hatches. (I will check on the 4drs, hatch and wagons) So DrDisco69 and I ventured to the yard and find a CRX Si. And I procure the pedal assembly and I already have the pedal assembly out of the notorious CRXster. So here are my findings for everyone to ponder.

The differences are there in a clutch bracket on the Si assembly that is not present on the non-Si assemblies, which maybe why the non-Si assemblies seem to break frequently? Also there is a difference in how the springs are attached to the clutch assembly.

As you can see the differences between the two assemblies are noticeable. And the Si assembly appears to have beefier brackets. Just something for everyone to think about.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: CRX Si/CRX/HF pedal assembly (CRX Toad)

awesome work

I'll have to snag a set myself I've killed off a assembly in my STD before.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

wait a sec, you DX/HF pedal doesnt have a clutch sensor. and youre comparing it to a Si that does have a clutch sensor.

but all 88's dont have a clutch sensor. do you think the difference is just in the change in year and the addition of the clutch sensor??

i just checked the part numbers, and Si and DX DO HAVE different part numbers for 1990. but still i have to question the difference in years between these assemblies.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX Si/CRX/HF pedal assembly (Tyson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wait a sec, you DX/HF pedal doesnt have a clutch sensor. and youre comparing it to a Si that does have a clutch sensor.

but all 88's dont have a clutch sensor. do you think the difference is just in the change in year and the addition of the clutch sensor??

i just checked the part numbers, and Si and DX DO HAVE different part numbers for 1990. but still i have to question the difference in years between these assemblies.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, Tyson you are correct, but the 89-91 CRX assemblies are the same only with the clutch sensor. Good work I was wondering if anyone was going to catch it. However the non-Si assembly is the exact same as the one in my 91. So I throw your year difference arguement to the wind.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wait, are you saying you have a 91 DX that doesnt have a clutch sensor?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wait, are you saying you have a 91 DX that doesnt have a clutch sensor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

GOOD GOD TYSON!!!! No, I am saying the non Si assemblies are the same 88-91 the difference being that the 89-91 have clutch sensor.

And my car has a clutch sensor. Has the thinner bracket that holds the clutch sensor. When I pull the assembly out of my car I will takes pics of it too. I will also compare the DA assembly when I get it off.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no no, i just didnt understand what youre saying. (i still dont get what youre saying tho)

eh whatever. nice pics.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: I told you to wait in the truck in Texas, United States
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The '88 HF does have one clutch sensor for the up-swift light
but does not have one for the starter inter-lock..

Old 12-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX Si/CRX/HF pedal assembly (88DXCRX)

wasnt that just reading the tach?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: I told you to wait in the truck in Texas, United States
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ecu turns the upshift light on at a certain RPM;
Pressing the pedal signals the ecu to turn it off..

I only knew it had one from studying the wiring schematic but
I did confirm it existed by a 88 HF shell I have...

Old 12-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no no, i just didnt understand what youre saying. (i still dont get what youre saying tho).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Confused me to

I think the design is different because of the years, the 88 did not have to be that bulky because there was no clutch switch.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CRX Si/CRX/HF pedal assembly (90blackcrx)

Man I didn't even know there was a difference. shows how much I paid attention. I snaped my Si one pretty good though. I hated that freakin ****! I couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with my car forever! ended up replacing the flywheel and clutch.(good thing though cause they were trashed too! stupid cheap clutches from autozone!)
Old 12-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I looked into this as well my race car DX no clutch switch no wiring for clutch switch at all completely different bracket.
My daily driver Si Clutch switch better bracket. I haven't looked into year differences yet but i think that this was about the time that federal standards started mandating that you couldn't start the car in gear. My thoughts are SI's got the brackets that would be later be put into production? just theory
I'll be keeping my eye out to update the pedal bracket to an SI for the racecar though.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:13 AM

so will a crx si pedal assembly fit into a 91 wagon?
Old 12-22-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Re: (95gainfla)

I'll have to take a look between my Canadian DX assembly and my JDM RHD SiR Assembly to see the differences between them.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My pedal assembly/car is 100% frankenstein. I got 1991 Si pedals on an 1988 Dx bracket put into a 1990 Cx converted from automatic car so everything is either 100% ghetto or 100% not right. It's a swell car and it runs 100% fine. It hasn't broken yet and I doubt it will. The guy I took the assembly from (parts car) had broken the clutch pedal itself and the brake pedal was warped so I changed them from another 91 Parts Civic. It was a swell job.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX Si/CRX/HF pedal assembly

Originally Posted by CRX Toad
Good buddy of mine told me that the CRX Si pedal assembly are different than all other CRX pedal assemblies and I think 4drs, wagons, and hatches. (I will check on the 4drs, hatch and wagons) So DrDisco69 and I ventured to the yard and find a CRX Si. And I procure the pedal assembly and I already have the pedal assembly out of the notorious CRXster. So here are my findings for everyone to ponder.

The differences are there in a clutch bracket on the Si assembly that is not present on the non-Si assemblies, which maybe why the non-Si assemblies seem to break frequently? Also there is a difference in how the springs are attached to the clutch assembly.

As you can see the differences between the two assemblies are noticeable. And the Si assembly appears to have beefier brackets. Just something for everyone to think about.
will the si pedal assembly bolt to a base model?