Anyone used one of these lexan sunroof replacements?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used one of these lexan sunroof replacements?

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with lexan sunroof plugs? do they expand in the heat and start leaking? Are they scratched easily like plexiglass?

they are selling them on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
Old 01-27-2007, 06:29 PM

Location: the greatest landscape architect is pictured above, gotta love the lack of home land security, socal
Default Re: Anyone used one of these lexan sunroof replacements? (ChickenH)

looks kindda iffy to me. i'd prefer a carbon fiber roof cap over this one but no one makes it for crx's, at least not at the moment. cant really provide any other usefull help besides my opinion...
Old 01-27-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Anyone used one of these lexan sunroof replacements? (ChickenH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ChickenH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was wondering if anyone had any experience with lexan sunroof plugs? do they expand in the heat and start leaking? Are they scratched easily like plexiglass?

they are selling them on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i actually like the looks of that...id do it if my sunroof did not work...
Old 01-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone used one of these lexan sunroof replacements? (almost boosted DOHC ZC)

ehhhhh i think it'll scratch easy.

i would actually go out and purchase one of those protective materials that they use for glass in homes, so that when the glass/lexan will break, it wont actually shatter into your car and i think it'll protect it from scratching too, (not to sure)

and i would actually tint it...its the last thing you need is theives looking into your car and i dont think you would want the bright sun beating down on your interior and fading it and making it super hot in the summer.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Anyone used one of these lexan sunroof replacements? (xTimmyx)

http://lexancreations.com/

I looked at his web site. He says they dont scratch . Lexan is stronger than glass. i Was using a piece of it to make a switch plate in a Legend i was Air bagging for a friend. When i bought it i said to the plastics place "Is it going to be fragile if i cut most of it away to put switches in it?" and he took the piece of it that was about 2 feet long by 18 inches and Whacked it edge first on his delivery counter breaking a perfect square that was about 3 inches deep thru 3/4 inch particle board with formica top on it. He then said " **** im going to get in trouble for that. I just wanted to show you it would not crack."
They had Tinted pieces of lexan at that shop. I sent a message to the Ebay guy asking if He would make one for me that was tinted.

Im still not quite so sure i want to make my crx stand out at all. I work at honda and i havent had one day in my last 3 weeks where someone hasnt come in for pieces for their car that was just recovered stolen. or buying floor mats or something for their replacement honda after having theirs stolen.

I've only had my hondas stolen 4 times so far.. so Ive tried to keep it as stock on the outside as possible.