Notices

88' Civic DX Hatch BUILD THREAD!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 88' Civic DX Hatch BUILD THREAD!!

also got the Skunk2 lower control arms,ASR bar, and BEAKS lower tie bar installed

also got an EM Racing Z-Bar that wasnt cheap and cant quite figure out how to put it together...i hope they didnt send me the wrong one...or not enough parts...
Old 07-11-2013, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that is some $$$$$ $tuff!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mtflyboy25
that is some $$$$$ $tuff!
Lol yes it is!!! I've put over 10k into this car and kinda lost track of total cost of everything and its still in pieces but when it's all put together its going to be a beast! I'm in the process of buying a golden eagle block girdle with main studs (not cheap) and a fluiddamper or whatever it's called for a crank pulley and then I can get my bottom end assembled..will post more pics when I get the parts in
Old 07-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Track Advocate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might as well get the whole bottom-end balanced when assembled if going through all that trouble
Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC
might as well get the whole bottom-end balanced when assembled if going through all that trouble
There is alot more to it than just getting it assembled..I have to get it bored since the sleeves are at 80mm right now, get everything balanced, clean it all up,and there's quite a bit you have to do to put that main girdle kit in
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Track Advocate

Originally Posted by kcmofirehatch90
There is alot more to it than just getting it assembled..I have to get it bored since the sleeves are at 80mm right now, get everything balanced, clean it all up,and there's quite a bit you have to do to put that main girdle kit in
forgot you have to get it line honed with the girdle. probably when they do that they'll assemble it and balance it all at once
Old 07-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow... fun times are on the way.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can anyone tell me if there are any magazines that sale ef parts i know this is a build thread so i figured someone would have to knw something..my friend has a 89 gt and he has a magazine that sales every single part from plastics to engine all the way down to the bolts. and i was wondering if anyone knew if there are magazines for imports if so can you let me know
Old 07-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lucky luciano24
can anyone tell me if there are any magazines that sale ef parts i know this is a build thread so i figured someone would have to knw something..my friend has a 89 gt and he has a magazine that sales every single part from plastics to engine all the way down to the bolts. and i was wondering if anyone knew if there are magazines for imports if so can you let me know
As far as a magazine just for EF parts I don't think they do just because ef parts are getting harder to find oem stuff I know they make magazines for all Honda stuff but if your looking for parts just use the Internet they have a ton of websites out there that sell parts...
Old 07-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what kinda seats and rails do you have?
Old 07-13-2013, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dam that sucks thanks for answering though. and i see that you have the msd set up can you add some pics or vid of how you hooked it up because i have the same with the external coil but a friend helped me set it up and my dizzy is from oriley and i kinda have a feeling its wired wrong or something..and how big is your intake i have an aem and its like 2'' and can you recommend any mags? sorry for all the questions
Old 07-14-2013, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The seats and rails I bought with the car on page 1 for now but at the moment the interior is completely gutted...
Old 07-14-2013, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dam that sucks thanks for answering though. and i see that you have the msd set up can you add some pics or vid of how you hooked it up because i have the same with the external coil but a friend helped me set it up and my dizzy is from oriley and i kinda have a feeling its wired wrong or something..and how big is your intake i have an aem and its like 2'' and can you recommend any mags? sorry for all the questions
I bought the car with the msd already in in but when I hook it all back up ill take pics or vids for yea..as for the intake I think it was a 3" cold air intake..the bigger the intake and the bigger the exhaust the more you let that engine breath!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok cool thanks for the info on the intake i didnt know bigger intake bigger exhaust really appreciate you answering my questions and not being a jerk im just trying to get mine going and you said you intake was from ebay cuz when i look there only small like 2 1/2 what did you type in
Old 07-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok cool thanks for the info on the intake i didnt know bigger intake bigger exhaust really appreciate you answering my questions and not being a jerk im just trying to get mine going and you said you intake was from ebay cuz when i look there only small like 2 1/2 what did you type in
It might have been 2 1/2..I bought the car with it already on there..the exhaust size was 2.25 but since I'm going turbo now I'm up grading to a 3"
Old 07-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Track Advocate

a bigger intake and exhaust may help the car "breathe" better, but not much. without supporting mods, you'd kinda be wasting your money...but your butt dyno would beg to differ lol. as i tell a lot of people, figure out what you want the final product to be for your car, and buy according. i've wasted a lot of money just buying "stuff"

the 3" intake i bought a couple months ago...seems they added an extra 3 in the price
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290659580254...S:3160&vxp=mtr
Old 07-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok thanks im still learning on how to fix them up and all that right now i have a d15 with sum headers msd setup aem intake and an exhaust if you could help that would be great
Old 07-16-2013, 03:57 AM
Track Advocate

i'd probably start a "build" thread so you won't jack this one
Old 07-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got some more parts in today!

Skunk2 front camber kit

Skunk2 rear camber kit

Fluidampr Crank pulley (race)
Old 07-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my bad im still new to the site i dnt wanna jack this one or anything like that
Old 07-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How much does the "little filter on the valve cover" improve performance? I can not think of what it is called lol.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Track Advocate

talking about this?

supposed to have it hooked up to the intake. acts as a crank case breather. gases get sucked into the intake and burned in the combustion chamber. some people don't hook it it for some reason. my best guess is because it also sucks in oil and they don't want it in their intake. but that's how honda designed it

i personally don't have it on mine. took it out, threaded the hole, and put a pipe plug i it

being turbo, the only thing i could use it for is to run to a catch can, but i already have the front of my valve cover vented
Old 07-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can you use d15 parts one a d16 like dizzy n cap n rotar coil n altanator radiator?..
Old 07-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So I decided to not get the golden eagle block girdle kit so I could finally send my block off to the machine shop...it's been about a year the cars been sitting and just want to get it back up on the road already so I went and got some ARP main cap bolts

Also had some time the other day to install my rear camber kit

Old 07-21-2013, 12:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow looking forward to the end results the car before was already stupid clean. you probably don't need to hear this, but ditch that damn specter coupler and get some quality 3-5 ply silicone couplers.

Quick Reply: 88' Civic DX Hatch BUILD THREAD!!