Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

worst thing mechanic could do...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worst thing mechanic could do...

what's the worst thing a mechanic could do to your car? for the last few weeks i been bringing in my car to Transmission Shops and Auto Shops. i just wanted to make sure that i have a tranny problem, and 99% of them pin-pointed to the tranny-internal bearings. all the shops have me went along for the ride, except for this one shop. this shop looks creepy and the people work there looks creepy. anyway he had me fill out a form and signed it. i asked if i could roll along and he said i can stay and wait. this was the manager that told me and he send his foreman to test drive it. anyhow, what could he do to my car? he was gone for 15-20 mins. after that i parked my car at a store parking lot and checked everything out, nothing i could find negative.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:41 PM
I am my avatar

Say there's more **** wrong with your car, when there's not. All about that $$$
Old 09-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: worst thing mechanic could do... (G2_Fella)

As long as the shop has legit insurance, they will pay for any damages done to your car. You have a legal right to ride in the car when the tech takes it for a drive... after all, its your car. If they didn't let me in it, I'd tell em to suck it. Stay away from that shop. It won't hurt to ask them if they have insurance before they touch your car either. As far as what exactly they could do to your car... they can do anything. Hell, they could steal the car if they wanted (but for obvious reasons, they won't get very far.) Like I said though, if they have insurance, you're covered. If anything happened to your car, take it back to that shop and demand free repair. If they decline, tell them they'll be getting a call from your lawyer. That'll straighten em up.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (naRIPSTA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by naRIPSTA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Say there's more **** wrong with your car, when there's not. All about that $$$</TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't think i can do that.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by naRIPSTA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Say there's more **** wrong with your car, when there's not. All about that $$$</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't do that. Mechanics are underpaid as it is.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:46 PM

are you saying that you feel like they might have done some stuff to your car while they were gone?

P.S. dont ever let anyone drive your car if they arent willing to let you sit in the passenger seat. right when they said they wouldnt let u go along i would have said "ok, see ya, im takin my buisness elsewhere" and then turned around and left
Old 09-18-2008, 05:47 PM
I am my avatar

No, I was simply answering the question. I'm not telling the OP to say that, I'm saying..auto shops usually do that to get a little more out of your (the customer) wallet.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: worst thing mechanic could do... (grandtheftlunchbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grandtheftlunchbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As long as the shop has legit insurance, they will pay for any damages done to your car. You have a legal right to ride in the car when the tech takes it for a drive... after all, its your car. If they didn't let me in it, I'd tell em to suck it. Stay away from that shop. It won't hurt to ask them if they have insurance before they touch your car either. As far as what exactly they could do to your car... they can do anything. Hell, they could steal the car if they wanted (but for obvious reasons, they won't get very far.) Like I said though, if they have insurance, you're covered. If anything happened to your car, take it back to that shop and demand free repair. If they decline, tell them they'll be getting a call from your lawyer. That'll straighten em up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh yea, one thing i forgot to mention. mr. assface didn't even want to give me an estimate. you know he's gonna charge me up the *** once he open it up. i would not even want to step back into that shop. NEVER!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eg2Love)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eg2Love &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you saying that you feel like they might have done some stuff to your car while they were gone?

P.S. dont ever let anyone drive your car if they arent willing to let you sit in the passenger seat. right when they said they wouldnt let u go along i would have said "ok, see ya, im takin my buisness elsewhere" and then turned around and left</TD></TR></TABLE>

15-20 mins seems like the whole day. i was glad to see him back. many things were running thru my mind. who knows what he could do...

stupid me was soft and easy. i should've said no or ask again to come along.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:52 PM

Default Re: (Eg2Love)

Actually, when I was working as a mechanic, it was our shop policy that we would oinly take the car on a drive WITH the customer.

It's all about listening...both to the car and the customer.

If you don't have a shop that does that....find another.