Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts?

i got a motor from them with some parts missing, im sure i will get them, but im jus curious to know if there is anyone else and how long did it take you to get what you were told you would get???
Old 01-09-2003, 01:23 PM
New User

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (Kp_VtekNiks)

I live in montreal, let me know if any of you had problems with them, I'll go kick some ***!!!
Old 01-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (Kp_VtekNiks)

Well, it tells you in Osaka's disclaimer that they cut the shift linkage, axles and wiring harness, so don't expect those pieces. I've heard they were looking into offering complete swaps, but I would look into that before sending them my money.

B96v6
Old 01-10-2003, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (Quasi-Evil B96v6)

i only expected the parts i was told i was gonna recieve. charjacq
thanks for the offer, but im sure it wont come to that, but i;ll keep ur offer in the back of my head gonna call mark tomorrow and see whats up.

more info from peeps would be nice
Old 01-10-2003, 12:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do a search there are some big disputes dealing with osaka..

adaM
Old 01-10-2003, 06:06 PM

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (STEALTHMODECOUPE)

I didnt recive the downpipe which I was promised. I recieved the swap over a month ago now. Mark keeps saying "its in the mail", but yet he can't produce a tracking number.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:20 PM
Trial User

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (red92s)

just believe Mark hes a good guy. he wont screw you over unless you deserve it.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:38 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (purek9hybrid)

My friend Nick (b19CivicHB) got an engine from osaka.. had a bent rod and hydrolock.. and missing parts ontop of all that! not to mention the ******** would not give him the parts that were clearly missing from the engine.. nor would they replace the piston/rod.. not to mention it took a nice chunk out of his block too.. to osaka

[Modified by Hatchy-Ownzjo0, 10:39 PM 1/10/2003]
Old 01-10-2003, 07:58 PM

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

dont they have to? arent you paying for a working engine, and getting a non working???

can you go legal?
Old 01-11-2003, 12:37 AM

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (95si)

I used to work for Citibank VISA, so perhaps I can help you guys out. Well, at least the ones who were smart enough to pay with a credit card. Guys who send cheques are pretty much SOL. NEVER order anything large without the additional protection that credit cards offer. Like the old ad says, "membership has it's priviledges".

We used to get hundreds of complaints about dishonest retailer, and 99% of the time in ends up in the customer getting a FULL REFUND (and alot of the time you don't even have to return the defective merchandise!)

The good news:

You can get another engine or get 100% of your money back if you read on.
I guarantee it, I used to work in VISA claims handling!

If you did pay with a major credit card like Visa or Mastercard, you're purchase is FULLY PROTECTED by your credit card company. Here is how things work. When you buy something on credit card you all probably know that the store runs your card or card number through those POS machines which means they get paid. The money gets placed into their bank account from VISA, who in turn collects the money from you (charging you big interest, but that's another story!).

HOWEVER, in a case where there is a dispute about the quality of mechandise delivered to the customer (ie you don't get exactly what you paid for), it is up to the STORE to settle the customer complain is taken care of otherwise VISA will take the money back on your behalf as part of their 'consumer protection' policies.

You have up to 12 months from the time of purchase to file a complaint with your credit card company. It's super easy, all you have to do is call the 1-800 number that is written on the back of every single credit card and ask for the customer service department regarding a dishonest merchant.

Basically, they will send you a simple one page form by mail or fax where you tell your side of the story (engine came missing parts, in bad condition, etc etc). Be sure that the reason you list to dispute the charge is "product not at described". You sign it and fax or mail it back to them. Send them lots of documentation to prove your side of the story, including all phone conversations and untrue promises that were made. Pictures help also. The more evidence you give, the less change of you losing the dispute (rare, but why chance it?).

Also in this case it would be a good idea to print out their web page where they clearly list that all their motors come with "Motor , Transmission, Engine Wiring Harness, All required Cables, ECU, Engine Mounts Distributor, Complete Intake Manifold, Alternator, A/C, Power Steering Pump All Brackets and Sensors" Including this along with your complaint will give you even more credibility and remember VISA is on YOUR side not the crooked stores side!

This official complaint results in something called a "chargeback" to the store. What it means is that Visa/MC will immediately SEIZE the money straight out of the stores bank account until they resolve the complain to the CUSTOMERS satisfaction (ie you are 100% happy). The store normally only has 10 days to resolve the issue, and remember VISA will check back with you directly to make sure you're happy in the end.

If they don't reply or comply, the money goes back on your next credit card statement, and the store doesn't get a dime out of you! AND you can sell off the crappy engine for parts. (small consolation for people who got really badly screwed).

All Visa and Mastercard mechants agree to all these policies when they sign up to
take credit cards. It prevents dishonest stores from hurting the credit card reputation.

From the posts I've read on this board, there are lots of unhappy Osaka motor
customers who have been misled and outright defrauded out of thousands of dollars. I mean think about it, if 12 customer got crap motors at an average price of $1800-3000that's more than $25,000+ of business. And that's just from this board alone, image how many other unhappy customers are out there who don't have internet access!

Companies like this which long histories of bad or fraudulent practices can eventually have their VISA accounts closed, preventing them from screwing other unsuspecting customers.

So, if you want to hit them back in the pocketbook where it's going to hurt them the most this is the way to go. It's also probably the only way you will get anything
from them since they don't appear to be serious about resolving customer complaints. They'd rather send you the missing pieces or replacement motor than lose all the money they stole from you in the first place.

It's too bad that customers are getting screwed over so badly. But you know what?
In my opinion, after all the horror stories that have been posted to this board, anyone who orders a motor from this company because the price is 10-20% cheaper DESERVES to get a shitty engine.

The golden rule of business is you get what you pay for. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Most people unfortuately have to learn this lesson at least once the hard way.

Deal with companies and honorable stores who have proven customer service records. Then you won't get stuck with a lemon engine and be out $2000+ and having to fight some dirtbag weasel for your money back.

If anyone has any other questions on how to handle this kind of dispute or if you
need any help writting you letter I'd be glad to help out for free. Nothing burns
me more that shady store who screw over hard working enthusiast who put their blood sweat and tears into their cars!!!

Peace!

- James
Old 01-11-2003, 12:47 AM

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (jthomison)

Wow, man, good info.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (mycivicstooslow)

if you wired the money through a bank would the bank offer the same protection?
Old 01-11-2003, 04:47 AM

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (jthomison)

for a newbie, you got my respect. thanx for the great info. now i only wish my credit card limit was more than $500.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Man Thanks for taking the time to explain that. That's some real usefull info
Old 01-11-2003, 06:35 AM

your my new hero and I you

very rarely one reads such good info on web boards...had no idea such protection even existed...I will be putting my visa to use a LOT more now

|eb_CRX
Old 01-11-2003, 06:45 AM
Trial User

I used to work for Citibank VISA, so perhaps I can help you guys out. Well, at least the ones who were smart enough to pay with a credit card. Guys who send cheques are pretty much SOL. NEVER order anything large without the additional protection that credit cards offer. Like the old ad says, "membership has it's priviledges".

We used to get hundreds of complaints about dishonest retailer, and 99% of the time in ends up in the customer getting a FULL REFUND (and alot of the time you don't even have to return the defective merchandise!)

The good news:

You can get another engine or get 100% of your money back if you read on.
I guarantee it, I used to work in VISA claims handling!

If you did pay with a major credit card like Visa or Mastercard, you're purchase is FULLY PROTECTED by your credit card company. Here is how things work. When you buy something on credit card you all probably know that the store runs your card or card number through those POS machines which means they get paid. The money gets placed into their bank account from VISA, who in turn collects the money from you (charging you big interest, but that's another story!).

HOWEVER, in a case where there is a dispute about the quality of mechandise delivered to the customer (ie you don't get exactly what you paid for), it is up to the STORE to settle the customer complain is taken care of otherwise VISA will take the money back on your behalf as part of their 'consumer protection' policies.

You have up to 12 months from the time of purchase to file a complaint with your credit card company. It's super easy, all you have to do is call the 1-800 number that is written on the back of every single credit card and ask for the customer service department regarding a dishonest merchant.

Basically, they will send you a simple one page form by mail or fax where you tell your side of the story (engine came missing parts, in bad condition, etc etc). Be sure that the reason you list to dispute the charge is "product not at described". You sign it and fax or mail it back to them. Send them lots of documentation to prove your side of the story, including all phone conversations and untrue promises that were made. Pictures help also. The more evidence you give, the less change of you losing the dispute (rare, but why chance it?).

Also in this case it would be a good idea to print out their web page where they clearly list that all their motors come with "Motor , Transmission, Engine Wiring Harness, All required Cables, ECU, Engine Mounts Distributor, Complete Intake Manifold, Alternator, A/C, Power Steering Pump All Brackets and Sensors" Including this along with your complaint will give you even more credibility and remember VISA is on YOUR side not the crooked stores side!

This official complaint results in something called a "chargeback" to the store. What it means is that Visa/MC will immediately SEIZE the money straight out of the stores bank account until they resolve the complain to the CUSTOMERS satisfaction (ie you are 100% happy). The store normally only has 10 days to resolve the issue, and remember VISA will check back with you directly to make sure you're happy in the end.

If they don't reply or comply, the money goes back on your next credit card statement, and the store doesn't get a dime out of you! AND you can sell off the crappy engine for parts. (small consolation for people who got really badly screwed).

All Visa and Mastercard mechants agree to all these policies when they sign up to
take credit cards. It prevents dishonest stores from hurting the credit card reputation.

From the posts I've read on this board, there are lots of unhappy Osaka motor
customers who have been misled and outright defrauded out of thousands of dollars. I mean think about it, if 12 customer got crap motors at an average price of $1800-3000that's more than $25,000+ of business. And that's just from this board alone, image how many other unhappy customers are out there who don't have internet access!

Companies like this which long histories of bad or fraudulent practices can eventually have their VISA accounts closed, preventing them from screwing other unsuspecting customers.

So, if you want to hit them back in the pocketbook where it's going to hurt them the most this is the way to go. It's also probably the only way you will get anything
from them since they don't appear to be serious about resolving customer complaints. They'd rather send you the missing pieces or replacement motor than lose all the money they stole from you in the first place.

It's too bad that customers are getting screwed over so badly. But you know what?
In my opinion, after all the horror stories that have been posted to this board, anyone who orders a motor from this company because the price is 10-20% cheaper DESERVES to get a shitty engine.

The golden rule of business is you get what you pay for. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Most people unfortuately have to learn this lesson at least once the hard way.

Deal with companies and honorable stores who have proven customer service records. Then you won't get stuck with a lemon engine and be out $2000+ and having to fight some dirtbag weasel for your money back.

If anyone has any other questions on how to handle this kind of dispute or if you
need any help writting you letter I'd be glad to help out for free. Nothing burns
me more that shady store who screw over hard working enthusiast who put their blood sweat and tears into their cars!!!

Peace!

- James
dude said a mouthfull but hes exactly right. that is what I did about my JDM gsr thats sitting in my garage.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:11 AM

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (purek9hybrid)

when u do this, do u have to send your part back?
Old 01-11-2003, 10:32 AM

Yeah, Ive used the fraud protection on my credit card several times. Thank god for it!!! Damn scammers.

As far as Osaka, I've been trying to get my parts for over 3 months. They haven't responded to any posts here for over 2 weeks. I've even posted on other boards that they frequent and they won't respond. That should tell you something. I hope you get your parts, but don't get your hopes up.
Old 01-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (lost password)

well thanks for all the great info. i was sure i would get what i was promised, but im not so sure now. good thing this board exists, info on here is great
Old 01-11-2003, 12:13 PM
H-T Poker champion

omfg.. that credit card info is amazing.. thank you soo much man.. i jo0!
Old 01-11-2003, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

referring to purek9hybrid, that is the worst thing i have ever heard. how could you, the purchaser, "deserve" to be screwed over. you are the customer, paying this guy your hard earned money, yet you may "deserve" to be screwed over. explain this to me, if you can...
Old 01-20-2003, 02:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why would anyone deserve to be screwed over? Because you call them numerous times to see what is going on with the parts you were promised? I'm having a hard time understanding that statement above.

Enough info in the following threads for me to say F**K Osaka and everyone who works for that company!

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=377316

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=365230

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=360057

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=380777

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=374581

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=360110

Old 01-20-2003, 09:41 AM

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (Hybrid93Hatch)

Sorry for the long post, but I think it's a good read, especially for anyone considering doing business with Osaka

Alright, I started to suspect that Osaka was purposly ignoring my emails and IM's because either I have been "bashing" them, or they just didn't want to deal with my problem. So, I decided to conduct a little "experiment". I'm a "scientific" kinda' guy, so I'll break this down according to the scientific method. . .

Purpose: To determine if Osaka JDM Motors is ignoring my emails and IM's

Hypothesis: Yeah, I think they are intentionally ignoring me

Materials: Two different email addresses

Procedures:

First, I used my roomates email address to email the company, inquiring about buying a CTR engine swap:

Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 1:28 AM
To: sales@osakajdmmotors.com
Subject: WTB: B16b swap (CTR)

Hello, I was referred to you by a friend of mine. I love your new website and have heard a lot of good things about your company. I am intersted in purchusing a B16b (CTR) swap. I already have most of the necessary parts you don't include, and I can't beat the price. Please tell me how to finialize the transaction and send payment, I am very anxious to get this motor in the car! - Jack
I then emailed Osaka from my email address (the address with which I have made all previous correspondences with the company through), inquiring about the status of my missing parts:

Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 1:33 AM
To: sales@osakajdmmotors.com
Subject: Update on missing parts?

I ordered a JDM H22 swap from you in early december. It was missing the down pipe I was told was included. Mark told me one was shipped to me in early January, but it still has not arrived and he cannot produce a tracking number for the package. I called last tuesday and a man named John told me to email and he would look into the situation. I have sent probably 5 emails trying to get this situation resolved, but all have been unanswered. The AOL AIM messages I have sent have also not been answered. Please update me on this situation, I have been without my car for almost 6 weeks now, and a month of that time has only been because of this ONE missing part which you assured me you "not be a problem to ship out quickly". Thanks, Tim Monroe
The emails were sent within 10 minutes of each other, and both were sent to the exact same email address.

Data:
Emails recieved:

To Roomates email address:
Recieved: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:12:17
Subject: re: WTB: B16b swap (CTR)

Hello, the type-r swaps come complete with axles and shiftlinkage just thought I would let you know that,…..as for completing the buy I need to know where you are from so I can get you a price on shipping.
To MY email address:
None

Analysis of data:
Osaka JDM Motors replied to an inquiry about the purchuse of a $4000 engine swap within about 8 hours of recieving email from a "new customer". Osaka JDM Motors failed to reply to an inquiry regarding missing parts and poor service from a previous customer.

Conclusions:
My hypothesis was proved correct: Osaka JDM Motors IS, in fact, ignoring my requests for attention to my problems. When faced with the opputunity to make a $4000 sale, they will quickly reply to emails and attempt to be as helpful as possible. However, when asked to address existing problems for customers that have already made payment, they do not reply at all. Both emails arrived in the company's inbox within a few minutes of each other, so "not seeing the other email" seems unlikely. While it may be true that Osaka JDM Motors is currently trying to correct the problem, they have made no efforts to update me on the situation.

I'd say the above is a pretty undeniable example of "Osaka's commitment to customer service". Do I feel dirty and underhanded undertaking an experiment like this? Yes, I do. . .I don't like lying (much). Do I feel like the situation warranted misrepresenting myself via email? Yes, very much so. I hope no one else tries to convince me that "osaka has changed their ways" and they are "busting *** to solve all the old problems", because I'd say it's pretty obvious that is not the case. Anyone remember the Steve Miller Band song Take the money and run ? Later, Tim

[Modified by red92s, 6:48 PM 1/20/2003]
Old 01-20-2003, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: who here bought a motor from osaka that was missing parts? (red92s)

thats why you go to a place where people trust...
hmo
Old 01-20-2003, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no one deserves to be scammed

Thanks for trying.