Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WHAT IS THE VOLTAGE ON THE IGNITION SIGNAL OUTPUT WIRE?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT IS THE VOLTAGE ON THE IGNITION SIGNAL OUTPUT WIRE?????

Sorry I used caps but I wanted to grab some attention.

Does anyone know what voltage I should measure with either the key on or the engine turning over on the ignition output signal wire that goes to the distributor from the ECU.

I have no spark and I have no idea why. I think that it has something to do with that But I can't test the voltage because I don't know what to test for.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: WHAT IS THE VOLTAGE ON THE IGNITION SIGNAL OUTPUT WIRE????? (snoochtodanooch)

did you check your coil? also the ign wire going to the dist. should read 12v with key on, and tach should read an ac voltage that varies with engine speed. also you can remove the cap, rotor,and sheild. then pull the neg, wire off the coil, find 2 pieces of scrap wire, ground the end of each to the car. turn the key on, then hold one wires other end near the coils spring output term, then touch and remove the other wire to the coils neg. terminal. when you remove the wire from the coils neg. terminal it should give you a spark from the hi volt spring term. to the grounded wire near it. you may want to hold this wire with insulated handled pliers. you can also check the coil with a ohm meter but i dont know what the resistance should be to tell you what to look for. hope this helps. and it could also be your igniter if the coil is good.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: WHAT IS THE VOLTAGE ON THE IGNITION SIGNAL OUTPUT WIRE????? (JSPECSIR)

It's an entirely new distributor, every part of it. I have another thread you can look at. That is why I made this one, because I just wanted that Question answered, I know that it is not the coil or anything else.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WHAT IS THE VOLTAGE ON THE IGNITION SIGNAL OUTPUT WIRE????? (snoochtodanooch)

the signal wire is not in volts, i think its in hertz. also its a pluse, duty cycle deal.

you have tried more then one coil? and the cap was not damaged?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: WHAT IS THE VOLTAGE ON THE IGNITION SIGNAL OUTPUT WIRE????? (THC07)

I replaced the ENTIRE distributor. The coil and everything inside the distributor was replaced with the new distributor. I also replaced the rotor and cap. Everything on that end is new.

I found my answer in the ECU thread.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xxx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A21-ICM ICM Yel/Grn, Ignition Control Module (ICM) Output signal, About 10V KOEO

A22- *per Sander* Ignitor same as A21</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am getting like .01 volt, so I guess my ECU is fried....