Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Water leaking into hatch...still.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leaking into hatch...still.

Im having the hardest time ever finding this water leak into my hatch. Its a 97 civic CX. It was currently stripped in the interior about 2 months ago when i was installing Dynamat. Got it all setup and had a leak in the hatch where water got under the dynamat. Had to pull most of the trunk up. Sealed up where I thought it was leaking (tail lights) and then waited through a strom and it didnt leak. Redid the dynamat, then the next storm again I had to rip more brand new dynamat up and try to find the leak. Well now my car is still sitting pretty stripped (no carpet or rear seats) until i find this leak. So far I sealed the tail lights and the OEM wing thing with RTV sealant, checked all weather stripping and nothing. I did have 2 little holes in my trunk where you could see light through where my spare tire mount broke, but i had them patched. I have no idea where its leaking from, but its not fun cleaning about a inch of water out of the hatch after a hard rain. Im afraid to install my dynamat again, because the stuff is not cheap, and neither is my brand new carpet sitting in my house.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Water leaking into hatch...still. (swappedcx)

I have a 97 DX Hatch, before I did my dynamat I noticed water too, it was coming from the 4 bolts holding the taillights on, and on the driver side up behind the light somewhere. I pulled out both lights and sealed everything i could see. Try what I did, sit in the hatch and have a buddy close it and pour a hose on the car one spot at a time, you'll see it eventually. that spray undercoating works well too, I also had water coming in and forward from the rear wheel wells.