Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

vafc controller popping vtec

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vafc controller popping vtec

whats goin on.. i just installed a gsr swap in my hatch and its not popping vtec off the ecu (dont ask why) i already know the reason and its not fixable.. so dont tell me to fix it... i just have a simple question.. if i hook up a vtec controller or rpm activator to the vtec solenoid and have it pop.. will the ecu still compensate for the fuel and timing curves sicne its still reving to the higher rpms.. anyone have an idea or anything of what i need to know
Old 05-30-2005, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: vafc controller popping vtec (boostin4door)

haha "pop vtec" thats funny
Old 05-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostin4door &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just installed a gsr swap in my hatch and its not popping vtec off the ecu (dont ask why) i already know the reason and its not fixable.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You should probably elaborate on this a little more. Without knowing what the problem with the ECU is, it's hard to say whether or not the ECU will be switching to the VTEC maps.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: vafc controller popping vtec (e jay one)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e jay one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha "pop vtec" thats funny </TD></TR></TABLE>

ha oh yes so funny.... should i say "engage" is that more suitable?.... ok so anyway..
the reason vtec is not engaging* off of the ecu is because it is throwing the coolant temp sensor circuit CEL #6... ive tried changing the sensor even went as far as hard wiring it to the ecu... so with out that sensor functionable it is still telling the ecu the motor is cold even if its warm... so therefore vtec is not working... i hope that gives you a little more info. Padawan seeing your the only one whos actually commented with some insight or wanting to know...... as for anyone else with stupid comment keep them to yourself we dont need to hear them.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A lot of times when you got a code being thrown Vtec won't kick or will randomly kick occasionaly. I had a fuel code being thrown and vtec wouldn't Engage. I guess all of that is for safety reasons. What year car do you have the motor in?
Old 05-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

k basically if you put the vfac on ur vtec will turn on but the computer won't kno ur car is in vtec mode and if u got a cel ur going to be running on ""SAFE MODE""" which im pretty sure u kno what this is so yea ur computer will not know ur car is going into vtec........... and when ur in safe mode ur ecu just runs so ur car doesn't turn on and ur able 2 get home So your computer is not going to let you run hard at all So basically ur just going to have to find a way to fix the coolant sensor thing or find some way to override this which i dunno if there is
Old 05-31-2005, 04:47 AM

Default Re: vafc controller popping vtec (zeroek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeroek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A lot of times when you got a code being thrown Vtec won't kick or will randomly kick occasionaly. I had a fuel code being thrown and vtec wouldn't Engage. I guess all of that is for safety reasons. What year car do you have the motor in?</TD></TR></TABLE>

its in a 93 cx... i need to find the ecu pins for this sensor and just pin it direct i guess

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slammed92hbonN20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">k basically if you put the vfac on ur vtec will turn on but the computer won't kno ur car is in vtec mode and if u got a cel ur going to be running on ""SAFE MODE""" which im pretty sure u kno what this is so yea ur computer will not know ur car is going into vtec........... and when ur in safe mode ur ecu just runs so ur car doesn't turn on and ur able 2 get home So your computer is not going to let you run hard at all So basically ur just going to have to find a way to fix the coolant sensor thing or find some way to override this which i dunno if there is </TD></TR></TABLE>

what if i get a different ecu chip made up.. cause for some reason when i had my ef hatch i had the ecu chipped and vtec would engage regardless if the car was warm or cold (not that its a good thing) but it seemed to run ok when vtec did engage.... but i have a skunk 2 program and a urbderdata program i am running now and it dosent allow me to do so.. but i can get the same kind of chip i was running in my ef and it will allow vtec to work because it will disable the ecu readings of the motor being warm and speed limiter but it will still throw that code.. any thought?