Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tranny Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Problems

So I put a b16 into my hatch a couple weeks ago and got it runnitng without throwing codes last saturday, so I figured I'd drive it to the lake yesterday. It's about 90 miles from my house and I'm only about 2 miles away from the cabin when something happened. It's kinda hard to describe but something like popped and it felt and sounded like something was pushing and dragging against the ground. So i pull over and check everything. Nothing looked wrong and nothing was touching the ground so I tried to drive it. It wouldn't go anywhere in any gear and when i put it in nuetral it died when i let out the clutch. I turned it off and tried to push it and it would turn the crank when it was in nuetral and only go about a foot in either direction until something would catch. When you push it there is a grinding noise in the tranny. So something in the tranny is fucked up. I towed it back home today and tomorrow I'm gonna have it towed somewhere to figure out exactly what is wrong and then go from there. If anyone has any ideas that would be great. I know i'm probably fucked but i just wanna know what exactly is wrong or happened.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Tranny Problems (trapstar101)

Drain the fluid and check for metal shavings. If there aren't any, remove the tranny and inspect the clutch.