Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

tranny got stock on 1 gear help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny got stock on 1 gear help!!

ok i had a 94 ls tranny on the car and it got stock on 3 gear so i when i got a b16 tranny and on friday it happend again! can someone tell me why that happend is it the engine messing it up or wat can it be??
Old 01-14-2008, 06:32 AM

Default Re: tranny got stock on 1 gear help!! (chuisek9)

ttt!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you speak english, you'll get a better response.
It got stock? Seriously now.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Bakeoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bakeoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you speak english, you'll get a better response.
It got stock? Seriously now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You obviously understood the question. You had no answer...so you insulted him instead? "Seriously now".

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chuisek9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i had a 94 ls tranny on the car and it got stock on 3 gear so i when i got a b16 tranny and on friday it happend again! can someone tell me why that happend is it the engine messing it up or wat can it be??</TD></TR></TABLE>

You might have some shift linkage problems. Does anything weird happen or do you do anything weird PRIOR to the problem starting? Be honest. If you slammed a gear and then it got stuck...tell us. Dont leave out any details.

Does it get stuck only when the car is on? Does it come out of gear when the car is off? Is the shifter just moving limply, or is it stuck in one position? How does the clutch pedal feel. Did you lean the trans on the clutch pressure plate via the input shaft during install? Did you install a clutch recently?

More details. Your problem could be 1 out of 30598137501983471093847 things. Try to narrow it down by giving as many details as possible. Even give the ones you feel are useless. They may not be.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:28 AM

Default Re: tranny got stock on 1 gear help!! (chuisek9)

do you mean to say it got stuck on third gear, like wouldn't shift out; or are you trying to say you have a three speed B16 tranny. Nobody can understand random gibberish explain yourself better please.

Edit: B serious seems to translate really well, and if its sticking there could be any number of things going on, but I doubt that the engine is at fault with the clutch in there shouldn't be any power transfer to the tranny so no cause for the engine to jam it.

Modified by Remington at 12:50 PM 1/14/2008
Old 01-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

B serious.... wow, you're a toolbox. And having ek forever guy say you're right is like letting Dick Cheney shoot you in the face. You're both retarded.

Saying it gets stuck in 3... is that 3 gears? 3rd gear? Does is bind when first installed? Any slop in the shifter? Clunking?

If the guy really wants help, he'll figure out how to ask a question instead of asking to be spoon fed.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bakeoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">B serious.... wow, you're a toolbox. And having ek forever guy say you're right is like letting Dick Cheney shoot you in the face. You're both retarded.

Saying it gets stuck in 3... is that 3 gears? 3rd gear? Does is bind when first installed? Any slop in the shifter? Clunking?

If the guy really wants help, he'll figure out how to ask a question instead of asking to be spoon fed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What the freak are you even talking about? I'M the toolbox?!!!

You're a moron. You dont know the answer to the guy's question so you TRY to flame him in a stupid *** way and IM the toolbox?!!

Your analogies are bad. How is having EKforeverguy say im right like letting dick cheney shoot me in the face? Were you trying to sound intelligent with some political name drops? If you were trying to say that EKforeverguy is dumb....and having him say i'm always right is pointless...why not choose an analogy that ACTUALLY makes sense? OH WAIT...it's cuz you can't think.

Go kill yourself.

Modified by B serious at 7:48 PM 1/14/2008
Old 01-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bakeoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">B serious.... wow, you're a toolbox. And having ek forever guy say you're right is like letting Dick Cheney shoot you in the face. You're both retarded.

If the guy really wants help, he'll figure out how to ask a question instead of asking to be spoon fed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you are infact a tool, not b-serious. anyone can understand what hes asking. no need to be a dick.

OP if it happened with 2 different tranny's its doubtfully the tranny. unhook the linkage and stick a screw driver through the shift bar thingy on the trans and see if you can shift it from there ok.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:11 AM

Default Re: (DCSportEJ1Civic)

ok the tranny got stuck on 3 and it wont come out for nothing!but when i shut off the car it feel like it goes into other gears but when i turn it on is still in 3 gear!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (chuisek9)

B-Serious, and Bakeoff, play nice. If it makes you guys feel better you both could be tool boxes for the day

To the OP: When you took out the first trans did you inspect the clutch? Usually when your stuck in a gear while car is on and can shift normal when its off is signs of broken springs in the clutch. When you rev match in gear can you pop it out? Either way my money is on the clutch and not the transmission.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:04 AM

Default Re: (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">B-Serious, and Bakeoff, play nice. If it makes you guys feel better you both could be tool boxes for the day

To the OP: When you took out the first trans did you inspect the clutch? Usually when your stuck in a gear while car is on and can shift normal when its off is signs of broken springs in the clutch. When you rev match in gear can you pop it out? Either way my money is on the clutch and not the transmission.</TD></TR></TABLE>

meh...i dont really know. Because of this:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chuisek9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok the tranny got stuck on 3 and it wont come out for nothing!but when i shut off the car it feel like it goes into other gears but when i turn it on is still in 3 gear!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe a linkage issue or something. Did you rest the trans on the pressure plate when installing it? Try to answer as many of the questions I asked you before. This is like going to a doctor....you have to try to tell us EVERYTHING YOU CAN. It's also hard to E-fix someone's car. Take it to a shop.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (B serious)

Wow totally miss that. I thought it was "when i turn it off i could get out of gear" That actually happened to me one i almost got runned over when we were testing a car because it was stuck. What had happen was that the syncro spring broke and got locked into the gear. How sure are you that its your 3rd gear its stuck in and not another? I cant really see how the linkage could do that if he could move it freely. Yea more info is needed.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:24 PM

Default Re: (Luserkid)

yea the clutch was good but the pressure plate crack and the flywheel 2 bolts broke!!