Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Top Speed Limiter

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Speed Limiter

ok, I want to remove the top speed limiter on my EK, but Hondata only supplies chips for OBDI, and i really don't want to swap my OBDII ECU to OBDI. So does anyone know of any other companies that make chips to remove the top speed limiter on OBDII ECU's?
Old 01-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Top Speed Limiter (hypoxvi)

you could get like a ebay chip. but may i ask, why you want to get rid of your governor? is this a race car?
Old 01-16-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Top Speed Limiter (sohcvtec1995)

yes, i am building it as a race car. I will be racing with the CCCNE, and i know my car has more high speed cornering potential but i am afraid to push it because i don't want the car to hit the governor in the middle of accelerating through a corner.

Modified by hypoxvi at 1:40 AM 1/17/2005
Old 01-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Leave the limiter alone before you kill yourself.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Top Speed Limiter (Del Sizzle)

i'm not worried about kiling myself, but i am worried about the governor being there. my car shuts off at 117mph, which is not very fast at all. an srt-4 shuts off at 158mph, and even the new civic si shuts off at 140mph. so i need to actually be able to compete with these cars, and 117mph won't do that.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its there for a reason so leave it alone unless you want to do a engine swap soon.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Top Speed Limiter (UncleHonda)

if you are racing a car with a stock ecu you are wasting your time. The limiter will be bypassed but no need getting into a curve at over 100 mph anyways. Just dont play with the srt you will get smoked anyways.

you can get obd2 crap done but it is like 400 bucks and you have to send them your ecu ect just to make it easy by a jumper and a chipped p28 and simply swap by to your stock ecu when you are finished killing yourself or before the insuance adjuster looks at the wreckage.
Dan
Old 01-17-2005, 07:12 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypoxvi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes, i am building it as a race car. I will be racing with the CCCNE, and i know my car has more high speed cornering potential but i am afraid to push it because i don't want the car to hit the governor in the middle of accelerating through a corner.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know of a single track near me where a Civic can go through a corner at 117mph, so you don't need to bypass ****. Oh, and even most LS1's I race with don't hit more than 120 in the back straight, so don't try and feed me that bullshit either .
Old 01-17-2005, 07:47 AM
overreveg

Could go with an AEM stand only sytsem.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:50 AM
Electrician

Default Re: Top Speed Limiter (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't know of a single track near me where a Civic can go through a corner at 117mph, so you don't need to bypass ****. Oh, and even most LS1's I race with don't hit more than 120 in the back straight, so don't try and feed me that bullshit either .</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd listen to this guy.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:00 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't know of a single track near me where a Civic can go through a corner at 117mph, so you don't need to bypass ****. Oh, and even most LS1's I race with don't hit more than 120 in the back straight, so don't try and feed me that bullshit either .</TD></TR></TABLE>

well you just found one. and just FYI, the track that i will plan on doing this on is New Hampshire International Speedway (ya know, they race NASCAR and stuff on it.) So I get the oppurtunity to drive on that, I don't think I'm going to want to go 100mph around it. so if your just going to come on here and start flaming about how a civic can't go that fast and **** like that, then stop writing on my post. all i wanted to know was how to remove it without swapping my ECU. This is Honda-Tech, not the boys town hotline, so unless your going to be giving me technical advice on how to remove the TSL, then don't post.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypoxvi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes, i am building it as a race car. I will be racing with the CCCNE, and i know my car has more high speed cornering potential but i am afraid to push it because i don't want the car to hit the governor in the middle of accelerating through a corner.

Modified by hypoxvi at 1:40 AM 1/17/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>
HAHA, yea right...

Really dude... you dont need to take **** out. If you want to go faster, swap the motor. You'll kill yourself in that civic, its obviously not ment to go that fast...

I dont know what your really up to by taking that Governer out but just dont kill yourself...or others for that matter...
Old 01-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypoxvi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well you just found one. and just FYI, the track that i will plan on doing this on is New Hampshire International Speedway (ya know, they race NASCAR and stuff on it.) So I get the oppurtunity to drive on that, I don't think I'm going to want to go 100mph around it. so if your just going to come on here and start flaming about how a civic can't go that fast and **** like that, then stop writing on my post. all i wanted to know was how to remove it without swapping my ECU. This is Honda-Tech, not the boys town hotline, so unless your going to be giving me technical advice on how to remove the TSL, then don't post.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

mybad, your post wasnt up when i posted...haha, hope you find what your looking for then..

yea i wouldnt wanna be only goin 100mph on there either
...sorry bout that man