Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

TeinSS install question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TeinSS install question...

i searched H-T but i couldnt find the answers to my questions... so here it goes.. I recently got my first set of coilovers but i only have one wrench..i got them used and they
questions.

1. how can i adjust the height with only one wrench? and how high do i know its going to be b4 i put them on?

2. When i switch the top mount over, how much do i need to compress my new SS on the damper? and do i screw the screw on the damper all the way down?

3. what are the metal o rings for?

TIA..
Old 05-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TeinSS install question... (DuMa)

up
Old 05-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

help
Old 05-07-2004, 12:10 AM

first off, do yourself a favor and sell those. not to "**** in your cornflakes" but you're gonna be fighting understeer really bad.

secondly, what kind of car would be rather helpful. but i'll try anyways to answer your questions, as i have wasted the time installing those on my 96 ex.

1. either a) try some sort of C-clamp b) break out the welder & get creative or c) do it right and get another wrench. you need to make sure the 2 perches are locked good to each other. if i were you, i'd contact tein about purchasing one spanner wrench. one good thing i will say, is that their customer service is pretty top notch. that's probably it though

get a pair of calipers & measure the distance from the bottom of the 'lip' below the perch, and the bottom perch itself. the standard height is 30mm all around. on my car, 30mm was slightly too high in the front, i'd do 20mm front & 30 rear.

2. huh? i think you're getting at compressing the spring? you don't need to worry about that, it's a short spring and the top hat fits right on top of it w/o effort. as far as the piston rod nut, get a new one and use a torque wrench to 29.4 N*m. don't use an impact.

3. metal o rings they're more commonly referred to as washers. the big ones go on top of the perch & underneath the spring. the assembly is: shock, seat lock, spring seat (perch), bump stop, dust cover, big thrust washer, spring, small washer, larger washer, big rubber bushing, small rubber bushing, top hat, metal sleeve, bushing, lipped washer, nut, **** cover. basically the same as your oe shock.

if you want, for a small fee i could send you this worthless instruction sheet. but i strongly suggest you take my first sentence seriously, and get rid of these while you're ahead.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TeinSS install question... (jwn7)

so i dont need to compress the spring for the coil over? so the nut should be screwed all the way down? do i need to cut the bump stop? oh and i have a 00ex civic thanks
Old 05-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the help... that site is ok.. is there any more sites? thanks