Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Stalled car & now it won't start.. JDM B18C? Help!!1

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stalled car & now it won't start.. JDM B18C? Help!!1

Tonight i was driving and i was coming up to a redlight and i wasnt paying attention and i stalled my car..

Its a 95 civic dx with a jdm b18c in it.. motor is stock except for short ram intake,skunk 2 intake manifold, & apexi n1 catback..

When i try to start the car it doesn't do anything.. doesn't crank, doesn't turn over.. i turn the key all the way and it just does absolute nothing..

I look under the hood and notice that the 40w heater motor fuse is blown.. Could this be my problem?? It's to late to go and pick a fuse up and i want to get this **** fixed.. just bought the car 2 days ago..

thanks honda-tech!

Old 07-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Stalled car & now it won't start.. JDM B18C? Help!!1 (Jimmy)

b
u
m
p
Old 07-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Global Moderator

help!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you turn your key does the stereo turn off??? does it click???

i might be able to help you but i need to know if it does ANYTHING at all... turn the stereo on and turn the key and see if it turns off. i have done this before... check the starter signal wire.. mine has fallen off before to a jolty stall.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stalled car & now it won't start.. JDM B18C? Help!!1 (siregcivic)

also could be a loose engine ground . check your grounds first... then to make sure it's not your starter, you can take a screwdriver and bridge the little black wire going into the starter and the main cable that comes from the battery to the starter and the car should start as long as it's not the starter. of course make sure your car is in neutral. if the car starts then, it could be the neutral safety switch. check at the top of your clutch petal and make sure there's a little plastic tab depressing the switch . if not , that's your problem. those tabs are plastic and they dryrot and fall out . just my .02 .... hope it helps
Old 07-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Stalled car & now it won't start.. JDM B18C? Help!!1 (siregcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by siregcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when you turn your key does the stereo turn off??? does it click???

i might be able to help you but i need to know if it does ANYTHING at all... turn the stereo on and turn the key and see if it turns off. i have done this before... check the starter signal wire.. mine has fallen off before to a jolty stall.</TD></TR></TABLE>

When i turn the key, all the way i hear the fuel pump prime and then it doesn't click it doesn't make a sound.. It just don't start/crank.. I checked the fuses under the hood and none are blown..

I'm not gonna lie it was a pretty bad stall, the clutch is an ACT XTSS.. stiff as fawk

Also i roll started it.. coasting in first gear and then dropping the clutch and it started up fine.. but what the hell could be causing this??
Old 07-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you can still roll start, then your problem is your starter, check all connection from battery to starter and make sure nothing is loose, or take out the damn thing and take it to an auto parts store to get it tested...but im pretty sure your problem is your starter from what you have explained...
Old 07-12-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Stalled car & now it won't start.. JDM B18C? Help!!1 (oneforce)

ok..... you can check the starter yourself by bridging it as i said before... also check the little plastic tab that depresses the neutral safety switch. just try it.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Stalled car & now it won't start.. JDM B18C? Help!!1 (oneforce)

alright, goodnews!

today i was looking around in the engine bay and i noticed that the starter signal wire had came unplugged, i plugged it back in and viola! problem resolved..

you guys were right..!

Thanks