Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help me Honda Tech Kenobi, you are my only hope...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:23 PM

Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me Honda Tech Kenobi, you are my only hope...

Well all funnyness aside.

Big problem, possibly a small one.

Was driving home from work and pulled into a target to cut the light.(lots of people bunch up at it instead of turning) So I drive around behind it and the turn is kinda sharp there and I have to turn hard. Boom, car stalls going around the turn. Im like wtf? And I do a rolling start. Drop it into third and engage the clutch. Car starts up ok.

Get home, eat some food, and am about to head back to work. And my car wont start. It doesnt even turn over at all. No gunk gunk gunk gunk nothing. Everything turns on ok, I can hear everything start up in Position Two. And the radio and everything else works. So I dont think its the battery and Ive never had this problem before.

I got under the hood and checked the fuses and the fuse box has that electrical burn smell. Also checked the one under the steering column for the starter fuse but couldnt really tell if it was fried.

My question is: Could it be a blown fuse from the rolling start or just from general wear and tear? Could it be my alternator? Maybe a ground?

Please help me Honda Tech, I GOTS WORK AT 11:30 TOMORROWz!
Old 08-03-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Help me Honda Tech Kenobi, you are my only hope... (Mike"IAMSLOW"Myers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mike"IAMSLOW"Myers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I got under the hood and checked the fuses and the fuse box has that electrical burn smell. Also checked the one under the steering column for the starter fuse but couldnt really tell if it was fried.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Check the fuses with a multimeter, to completely rule that out. If that checks out okay, check the basics... do you get spark, fuel, compression? Can you start the car with another rolling start, or does it not even start then?

My money's on a starter fuse, or possibly relay?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:16 PM

Mike

Default Re: Help me Honda Tech Kenobi, you are my only hope... (fdavie)

::UPDATE::

Had a friend bring over his multimeter. There is no voltage going to the fuse at all. So its in the wiring somewhere.

The fuel pump starts up but there is no signal or voltage going to the starter fuse.

We are going to find a wiring diagram at work tomorrow. Pep boys free stuff FTMFW!!!

Anyone who has ANY info and would like to contribute to helping this problem, please do!!
Old 08-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is my helpful info, get the service manual from my sig and check the wiring diagrams and flowcharts there.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:45 PM

Mike

Default Re: Help me Honda Tech Kenobi, you are my only hope... (Mike"IAMSLOW"Myers)

Ok so...it was my neutral safety switch.

The tip of it broke off and it now goes through the hole in the clutch pedal top.

Just have to glue some grommets on there and then tape it up a alittle and we should be good.

Thanks to everyone who posted advice. It was extremely helpful and made me think.