Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Right Hand Drive del Sol - Floormat Templates?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right Hand Drive del Sol - Floormat Templates?

Hi Guys,

I figured it was way past due time for us to wrap up the Right Hand Drive floormat templates for the del Sol community. The fact is - every time I try to find some templates, I quickly realize that they're incredibly scarce stateside. I've tried for a few years now to run across a set of templates for the RHD on Ebay - but nobody sells them there (not that that should be a suprise).

I was hoping that someone might have some old Right Hand Drive del Sol floormats that we can borrow for a couple weeks in order to create a template for making new RHD del Sol mats.

We've been told by a couple folks that we can just flip the Left Hand Drive version ... but frankly I'm pretty skeptical of that. We want to do them RIGHT.

Some examples of the LHD mats we make so you guys can see that we're serious:

If anyone can help I'd love to hear from you!

- Graham Slaughter
http://www.dStuning.com

Old 12-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Somebody help this man and the Sol community out!

He made mats for me, and I can vouch for his trustworthiness as far as the mats being on loan.

And they make great quality OEM style mats!

Graham...if worse comes to worst, why couldn't you just mirror/flip the LHD mats? I see no reason why that wouldn't work.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Right Hand Drive del Sol - Floormat Templates? (CrackerD16z6)

I cant see the Pics Use Photo Bucket.com. But I just Picked up a Totaled Right Hand Drive Sol for Misc. Things And when I went to look at it I spotted Floor Mats in the Trunk there A mess but I think they can be used for what your doing. When the car comes Monday Ill take pictures so u can see if u can use them or not
Old 12-28-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Re: (Jonathan_ED3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonathan_ED3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Somebody help this man and the Sol community out!

He made mats for me, and I can vouch for his trustworthiness as far as the mats being on loan.

And they make great quality OEM style mats!

Graham...if worse comes to worst, why couldn't you just mirror/flip the LHD mats? I see no reason why that wouldn't work. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the vouch
We did look into mirroring the LHD mats - but I just dont trust that to make perfect templates. If you had a RHD del Sol you'd want mats that were painstakingly made correctly. The last thing you want is to spend all that money to get something less than perfect. The honest truth is that we likely wont ever turn a profit on the RHD version of the templates - so it's not like there's a rush to get it done. I'm just a little embarrased that our business started as del Sol focused ... and we still dont make them

The RHD CRX mats have only sold a few sets over the past 6 months and all but 2 of those customers were actually International customers. It's a shame cause I think they're pretty cool with the mat anchor hole:
Old 12-28-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Right Hand Drive del Sol - Floormat Templates? (cln92eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cln92eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I cant see the Pics Use Photo Bucket.com. But I just Picked up a Totaled Right Hand Drive Sol for Misc. Things And when I went to look at it I spotted Floor Mats in the Trunk there A mess but I think they can be used for what your doing. When the car comes Monday Ill take pictures so u can see if u can use them or not </TD></TR></TABLE>

That would be fantastic. I assume you dont actually NEED the RHD mats - in your case I'd be happy to pay you for them if necessary.

either way - If anyone else has any I'm going to keep asking until I have some in hand this time
Old 12-28-2007, 09:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cln92eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I cant see the Pics Use Photo Bucket.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is anyone else having trouble with the pics? They're hosted from our website and I've never had a problem with that before.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CrackerD16z6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Is anyone else having trouble with the pics? They're hosted from our website and I've never had a problem with that before.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
No its my stupid computer from College and They have a Blocker on it for some stuff and some pictures dont come up for me I'll look when I get home. Also I dont need the mats or dont even want to sell the mats and im sure it wont be much to ship them so if the guy leaves Ill be glad to ship them its on the house but if he doesn't Ill let him know to do contact u on here
Old 12-28-2007, 09:56 AM

Thanks for the help
Old 12-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any time and Ill try to get pictures ASAP
Old 12-28-2007, 10:36 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Off topic, but the dark gray (and I believe light gray) floormats for the '96-'00 Civics have been discontinued. Dark Gray comes in hatches and coupes and Light Gray comes in coupes, hatches and sedans. I think Honda still sells the Tan ones for the sedans, but I could be wrong. Now Honda sells black mats for everything else. I don't like the black mats.

It'd be nice to see some replicas of these. Better yet would be a trunk mat or hatch mat since there was never one made (that I'm aware of) for the 6th gens. Well, not besides the stock carpeting, but no actual mat.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think I have some somewhere in my garage. Let me check tomorrow. I'll pm you if I do.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:52 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Right Hand Drive del Sol - Floormat Templates? (Del Sizzle)

i think a buddy of mine has one too, i will check.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Please someone help him out! I've purchased angel eyes x2, mats x2 (old and new style), and a trunk mat...very happy with the quality.

Hoping you'll one day do oem style seat covers.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:29 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

y dont you have the matts for 92-95 civics
Old 12-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondaz6lx)

He Makes Trunk matts?
Old 12-30-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: (cln92eg)

Sorry for the late reply. We try to take the weekend off every week

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del Sizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I have some somewhere in my garage. Let me check tomorrow. I'll pm you if I do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PinoyDelSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think a buddy of mine has one too, i will check.</TD></TR></TABLE>

We're still looking for some - if any of you guys can help I'd love to hear from you!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaz6lx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">y dont you have the matts for 92-95 civics</TD></TR></TABLE>
The EG mats are next up on the To-Do list after these RHD del Sol mats. I've already got the digital emboidery files done and just need templates. Please feel free to email me if you've got them and are interested
sales@dstuning.com

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">floormats for the '96-'00 Civics have been discontinued.
It'd be nice to see some replicas of these.</TD></TR></TABLE>
These are about 5th on the To-Do List - but again the Embroidery is already done. Drop me an email if you've got templates we can borrow!
sales@dstuning.com

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cln92eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He Makes Trunk matts?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Of course - you can find the ones we currently make on our site here:
http://www.dstuning.com/OEM-Ac...s.asp

Thanks for the kind words visormurp. We're still looking for someone who can make really nice seat covers for us. We personally use the ones that Wet Okole makes