Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

regarding breather box and air tools

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default regarding breather box and air tools

hi guys! know some stuff about hondas but i admit i dont know everything about them.
i need to know if its a problem when there is oil like deposits coming out the 2 hoses attached to the breather box, right where they connect? if my breather box is f#cked what aftermarket stuff can i replace it with? can i just clean it?

also, how strong a compressor do i need to use air tools like impact gun? we have a big one at home but i havent checked the hp.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:29 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: regarding breather box and air tools (el_toro_de_magnifico)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by el_toro_de_magnifico &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hi guys! know some stuff about hondas but i admit i dont know everything about them.
i need to know if its a problem when there is oil like deposits coming out the <FONT COLOR="red">2 hoses attached to the breather box, right where they connect?</FONT> if my breather box is f#cked.</TD></TR></TABLE>

????????? I don't get it. 2 hoses??? Right where they connect???

What car, year and engine are you talking about? Can you clarify ^^^ a bit? Post a pic?
Old 03-24-2008, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not to be a dick but is english your first language? It just seems to me that this was translated someway.

By breather box are you talking about an aftermarket catch can? If so where are the ports of it coming from? Valve cover? Back of the block? They are suppose to collect oil and then vent or recirculate it. What exactly is your problem?

I use my 33gallon 1.6hp 4.9 scfm at 90 psi compressor all the time and it does a great job. I would say thats the minimum compressor setup you would want to get. But at the same time you need to get a damn good gun to work with it as well.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:43 PM

Default Re: regarding breather box and air tools (Luserkid)

^yeah, im a (il)legal chinese immigrant fresh off the boat and am having mr. fu ling hyu from the asian store under the apartment i am hiding in in china town translate for me.

yes, there are 2 hoses both on top of the breather box. the breather box is under the intake manifold so its hard to take pics. its connected to the block, colored black. b16eg engine.

see the 2 hoses beside the oil filter, one looks like the pcv(brown) and the other is black. mine is also that dirty. is this normal or is there anything i should replace. i keep cleaning it but it gets like that after a while...leak???
Old 03-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can look up how to get a oil catch can setup on here too..
Old 03-24-2008, 10:47 PM

Default Re: regarding breather box and air tools (ke98248)

^thanks to you and luserkid for the help i beleive i saw that thread but damn its been so long i dont have the link anymore...
Old 03-25-2008, 05:28 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you replaced the 2 seals yet?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by el_toro_de_magnifico &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^yeah, im a (il)legal chinese immigrant fresh off the boat and am having mr. fu ling hyu from the asian store under the apartment i am hiding in in china town translate for me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

LMFAO
Old 03-25-2008, 08:04 PM

Default Re: regarding breather box and air tools (mcvtec)

uh, where are the 2 seals located? any diagram i could use as reference for teardown and install?

i need quick replies coz mr. fu ling hyu will be on vacation very soon. i might have to ask his wife mrs. fu ling mei to translate. she aint that good at translating, but she makes really good general tso's chicken