Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

problems with my hatch

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with my hatch

a couple months ago i did another swap on my hatch and just went back to a b16. ererything went good and now i am beginning to have some little problems.
+++++clutch fluid leaked out with no tarce of fluid anywhere
+++++when going on or coming off the gas i get a really hard bang(not song just, you feel it) new motot mounts?????????????
+++++the other day i was at the light, i put it in first and start to go and my car doesnt want to go anywhere, and then all the sudden it catches rpm's go up and spin my tires and then i go...... WTF
+++++next, occasionally when i am driving i will watch my tach go crazy, jumping in rpm' s.... not the engine, just the guage.
and then i will get a little sputter.
and when i am going slow my car shakes kind of like when someone that doesnt know how to drive stick and driving and they are stalling. it does that bucking around thing.
can anyone please help me???????????

Will
Old 09-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Little Hercules

Default Re: problems with my hatch (menace_54_2001)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by menace_54_2001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a couple months ago i did another swap on my hatch and just went back to a b16. ererything went good and now i am beginning to have some little problems.
+++++clutch fluid leaked out with no tarce of fluid anywhere
+++++when going on or coming off the gas i get a really hard bang(not song just, you feel it) new motot mounts?????????????
+++++the other day i was at the light, i put it in first and start to go and my car doesnt want to go anywhere, and then all the sudden it catches rpm's go up and spin my tires and then i go...... WTF
+++++next, occasionally when i am driving i will watch my tach go crazy, jumping in rpm' s.... not the engine, just the guage.
and then i will get a little sputter.
and when i am going slow my car shakes kind of like when someone that doesnt know how to drive stick and driving and they are stalling. it does that bucking around thing.
can anyone please help me???????????

Will</TD></TR></TABLE>

um you have like 50 questions all like different form but ill still help out as much as i can.

1. chech your master/slave cylinder and see if its leaking.
2. its either you tranny mounts, or motor mounts. maybe more
3. um..i dont know what your asking in that one.
4. it could just be your sensor. i forget the name but its happened to my mom, her tach would go absolutly IN-*******-SANE
5. when you are going slow do you get on the gas hard right after you have just been off the gas? do you put the clutch in and rev it kinda high then let the clutch out fast?

hope that helps a little.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:50 AM

Default Re: problems with my hatch (b00sted_hatch)

i checked the master/slave cylinder and there is no leaks visable. nothing underneath the cra. i cant figure it out. i was at work and pulling out of my parking spot and i stalled. i never stall my car so i was like what the hell. and my clutch felt weird, so i drove home and the next day i go to start the car and the clutch pedal is on the floor. i filled it back up and all that stuff doing the proper way. and it has been working fine since but that has only been 3 days.. so we will see what happens.

next the motor/tranny mounts.. thats what i figured, i just dont know why, they are pretty new. i am not sure why they went bad. i never really get on the gas that much for them to go that fast..

as far as the one you dont know about... i think that it might be a sensor or maybe somethign to do with the harness, so i am going to get a new harness and see what going on, or maybe a new ECU.

4. what sensor would that be, for the rpm guage?

5. when i am normal driving i am letting the clutch out and if i dont hit the gas hard and bring the rpm's up than i start bucking around. it might be something with the ECU/harness/ or motor mounts, when i replace all that i am going to see what happens.
next thing is when i come to a stop from just driving, like a stop sign or light and i am sittign there my car itles weird(surges) so i hit the gas and take the rpm's up and thn it will drop back down to a normal rpm. sensor probably????
Old 09-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Little Hercules

1. you probably just had low clutch fluid
2. i would stilll check them.
3. there is a RPM signal wire that could be cut and get a bad contact causing it to flutter a lot. but find the ECU pinout for your cars model adn year.
4. keep practicing your driving and you'll eventually get rid of the "bucking car"
Old 09-05-2006, 02:03 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by menace_54_2001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i checked the master/slave cylinder and there is no leaks visable. nothing underneath the cra. i cant figure it out. i was at work and pulling out of my parking spot and i stalled. i never stall my car so i was like what the hell. and my clutch felt weird, so i drove home and the next day i go to start the car and the clutch pedal is on the floor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I had the exact same symptoms. Turns out the clutch master cylinder has a slow leak through the seals on the pedal side. There's oil on the carpet in the footwell, but the leak is so slow so I never noticed it until the reservoir was completely dry and the clutch pedal went to the floor.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Re: problems with my hatch (audsyn)

how do i replace that? and how hard is it? and cost?
Will